Posted 28 May 2021

Amazon. Can't be shipped to your address.

Had this yesterday. First time ever. Reading through many deal threads, seems a lot of people are experiencing the same.
Community Updates
New Comment

72 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I got this from them on chat "has to be delivered by a special carrier and right now the carrier is not available at your postcode Please try placing an order after a day or two. You will be able to place the order."

EDIT: Although when I said "but I'll miss out on this price" they followed up with "I'd like to apologise for this and to help make up for the inconvenience, I’ve issued a £5 promotional credit to your account for use towards your next Amazon.co.uk order, as a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience caused."

Happy days. (edited)
    Seems to be confined to Lego for me this morning, getting it on almost any Lego set
    Ah it's not just me then. Also experiencing this trying to order Lego.
    mutley128/05/2021 17:37

there's a glitch on the site today as i have been trying to buy booze all …there's a glitch on the site today as i have been trying to buy booze all day without success!

I think they're all drunk.
    If you live in Northern Ireland it’s frequent enough. Mainly things sold by Amazon EU (even though NI is more aligned to EU than rest of the UK) but also batteries and high alcohol content items. Very annoying. (edited)
    Can be a glitch on Amazon.
    There was a cool box a week or so ago.
    Day one would not ship, miss price ?
    Day two same price but would ship
    I'm having this issue with various alcohol items. Some will ship but most won't. Not had this issue before.
    It seems to be an error or glitch thats not only limiting who can and who can't deliver but also changing prices. It seems the older the deal (even if its 10 mins old) then the less likely your able to order it. So if your wanting something that just reduced I wouldn't wait too long as you might not be able to order it shortly after.

So far made two orders of items really cheap, and both are now giving me the same message if I tried to re-order.
    sirz28/05/2021 09:28

Lots of this happening today and overly teduced pricing on lego and other …Lots of this happening today and overly teduced pricing on lego and other toys.has Amazon been hacked :/ ?

Something has gone wrong I'm sure, either a hack or a massive glitch, or if not something bad then its just Amazon clearing stock from warehouses but I kinda doubt that one.
    Daaru28/05/2021 11:18

I could add certain alcohol deals but not others. Maybe being dispatched …I could add certain alcohol deals but not others. Maybe being dispatched from different distribution locations?

I just spoke to Amazon chat about some of the deals not delivering to my address and was told exactly what your saying...if I can’t order...it’s due to not being in stock at my distribution centre!
    I verbally spoke with Amazon, and the gent confirmed with his colleagues that there is a glitch in the system. Said 2 business days it should be fixed but prices are subject to change.
    Scotty8828/05/2021 15:49

My CS agent promised the price for my items would still be the same which …My CS agent promised the price for my items would still be the same which I've screenshotted should I need to utilise that info haha

Mine was verbal on phone unfortunately. He advised me the prices are like the stock market, they may go up or down, they can't hold the price
    LordHippos28/05/2021 15:53

No chance, they can't make promises like that, at best if it goes up a lot …No chance, they can't make promises like that, at best if it goes up a lot then they may give you a promo code for £5 or something.

Better than nothing I guess. Must have been a hellish day for CS with everyone asking about address issues.
    Having this issue this morning with all the alcohol deals listed here. I have several addresses in my address book that I use, but it will not deliver to any "residential" address. Obviously alcohol cannot be delivered to Amazon lockers, but yeah, I wonder if this is a glitch with Amazon this morning? (England) (edited)
    Just got the same with the Draper Allen Key deal (England)
    Ordered booze fine this morning but Malteasers are off the menu for me.
    Having same problems trying to order gin and box of Malteaser bars...never had an issue with my address before and been using for years now!
    Happening to me in england with a videogame
    I tried to order maltesers but got can’t deliver? I’m in Derbyshire
    Same earlier with a socket set, ordered one fine but when I looked again said didn't ship to my address. Seller was the same.
    This is showing on the the Hagrid's Hut Funko Pop! that has just dropped down to £6.35 which is a a crazy price!
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
    Lots of this happening today and overly reduced pricing on lego and other toys.has Amazon been hacked :/ ? (edited)
    sirz28/05/2021 09:28

Lots of this happening today and overly teduced pricing on lego and other …Lots of this happening today and overly teduced pricing on lego and other toys.has Amazon been hacked :/ ?

amazon.co.uk/LEG…WU=

defo looks suspect, some cheap lego for sure
    Am I right in saying if it's coming from the EU it says sold be Amazon Eurl or something, rather than just Amazon?
    regretful128/05/2021 10:19

Remove anything after the ? in the address bar and it will work then …Remove anything after the ? in the address bar and it will work then e.g.https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008OI9K4W?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLEhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008OI9K4W?

Doesn't work for me, if it's going to be like this going forward I will be cancelling my prime, spoke to live chat who were absolutely useless and no help whatsoever
    south london. harry potter bus. denied
    Mich8ll828/05/2021 11:57

I just spoke to Amazon chat about some of the deals not delivering to my …I just spoke to Amazon chat about some of the deals not delivering to my address and was told exactly what your saying...if I can’t order...it’s due to not being in stock at my distribution centre!

At least there is some logic to the system. Thank you for posting back.
    Seany7528/05/2021 13:07

If that's the case and it's going to be like that going forward, I will be …If that's the case and it's going to be like that going forward, I will be cancelling my prime no good if you can't buy items because they're not in the correct warehouse, can imagine there's going to be a lot of stuff you can't order as can't see every warehouse holding stock of every item.

I said the exact same to them on chat...what’s the point of paying a monthly subscription for prime when the majority of items all off a sudden can’t be delivered to my address and never had a problem before...they said try back in 24-48 hours and might have luck but I said...more like no luck when the items can finally be delivered but jumped back up on price!
    dealhunter525328/05/2021 12:08

south london. harry potter bus. denied

I'm in South London too. I can't get a set of 3 veg peelers.
    Rapture12428/05/2021 15:07

I verbally spoke with Amazon, and the gent confirmed with his colleagues …I verbally spoke with Amazon, and the gent confirmed with his colleagues that there is a glitch in the system. Said 2 business days it should be fixed but prices are subject to change.

My CS agent promised the price for my items would still be the same which I've screenshotted should I need to utilise that info haha
    Scotty8828/05/2021 15:49

My CS agent promised the price for my items would still be the same which …My CS agent promised the price for my items would still be the same which I've screenshotted should I need to utilise that info haha

No chance, they can't make promises like that, at best if it goes up a lot then they may give you a promo code for £5 or something.
    tek-monkey28/05/2021 16:06

Are all the can't deliver to your area things really amazon? I wish I'd …Are all the can't deliver to your area things really amazon? I wish I'd paid more attention now. Just wondering if another seller added an item cheap, but made it unable to be delivered, would amazon price match it to steal the sale but actually end up getting fleeced?

All the ones I tried were from Amazon.
    Seany7528/05/2021 16:11

All the ones I tried were from Amazon.

I just checked this deal as an example:

hotukdeals.com/dea…974

Now I can add that to basket despite the warning, but when I try to checkout it changes to say it's from Amazon EU not just amazon. Get the usual you can't have it message, guessing because it's in an EU warehouse and they don't want to pay fees to bring it back in.

So are amazon agressively price matching their own items, that are unsold because they can't deliver them?
    there's a glitch on the site today as i have been trying to buy booze all day without success!
    VeganPolice28/05/2021 18:45

Didn't you just get a case of wine from Tesco ?

yes, but i have been trying to get the cheap whisky on the deals today!
    deleted269572028/05/2021 20:40

Yes, we hear you. You've been trying to buy alcohol. Here's a medal for …Yes, we hear you. You've been trying to buy alcohol. Here's a medal for you...

don't want a medal, i want those cheap whisky!
    Author
    Live in England. As I said first ever. Used Amazon since they only sold books, 20 years ago.
    slippers197728/05/2021 06:44

If you live in Northern Ireland it’s frequent enough. Mainly things sold b …If you live in Northern Ireland it’s frequent enough. Mainly things sold by Amazon EU (even though NI is more aligned to EU than rest of the UK) but also batteries and high alcohol content items. Very annoying.

The NI problem is because many times, Amazon EU ships via UK creating an export - import - export problem.
's avatar