Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 7 hours ago

Any recommend a property lookup service to find names and rough ages of people living inside?

Any recommend a property lookup service to find names and rough ages of people living inside please?

So I was after advice/pointers to a service where I could lookup a property address and see the names and ages of those who live inside.

Land Registry will give me the names of the registered owners but not the ages I know...

There used to be a service called Tracesmart that I used about 6 years but the company was bought out.

Just wondering if anyone used something along these lines at work etc?

Dont worry its a totally legitimate reason for the look up...nothing dodgy here!

Thanks Mark
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I was going to say that that is quite creepy, but I'm sure your reasons are well above board!

I am curious what they may be though?
    Author
    Yes I can see what you mean....that's why I put the its legit comment in there. But by putting it in ...its looks even more suspicious! Catch22..

Im afraid I cant really explain it fully as its a business idea. But I can reassure you that it is totally above board. Im actually too honest for my own good!
    192 often gives an age band. You'll just have to go back through the free versions of findmypast, and similar, to get their birth year.
    But other than targeted sales marketing, which if that is the case I wish you all the bad luck, I can't think of a legitimate reason that shouldn't involve the legal system
    Author
    I can't think of a legitimate reason that shouldn't involve the legal system
    Thanks for the 192 ...sorry I didnt understand the line above?
    I suggest you investigate data protection and GDPR.

If such a thing was possible I am sure people would be up in arms about it. There is the electoral roll but many people choose to stay hidden from view other than those authorised to see. And then there will be people who either choose not to be on the electoral roll or are under the voting age.

AFAIK not even the police or census people can know with 100% certainty who lives where and how old they are.

Re land registry - that wont let you know who lives in property or their ages - just who the land is registered to.
    If it's targeted marketing you are into, think again. I can't speak for everyone but what gets my goat is unsolicited junk mail through my letter box.

TraceSmart is a piece of software used by finance companies to track the credit record of individuals. Scary.
    totalverify.equifax.com/sol…art (edited)
    Author
    That looks like a US site ...the UK version I used to use didnt stray into credit.
    Author
    Yes I agree with/ understand what your saying but its not unsolicited junk mail. That said I think Im on a hiding to nothing as everybody assumes the worse.

There are services around like the one I mentioned in the question above I used to use on an infrequent basis. I think they would likely be used by credit control / fraud functions in larger companies.
    Seems fair to assume the worst here. Policy nowadays is that consent is to be given, not taken. If you want someone's name, address, and age, you need to offer them a reason to give their info up you. If you're planning to take their info without their knowledge or consent, that's rather suss. Why don't you want to follow the standard legal process?
    There is no way to do what you want from one source.

The closest you will get to it is if they have not requested to remain off the public register of the electoral roll.

If there was a way of doing it people would have their identities cloned left, right & centre.

192 is as close as you are going to get which you can cross reference with other information from other sites. That should allow you, if the records on 192 are current, to merge the data together to get the name & ages of those over 18 at an address & the full address & postcode. But even to put all that together to get a result for random people takes a lot of effort.

If you are talking about a one off then you can actually do it but you will only find out all the info is 192 has the electoral roll information for them. There might be odd data about like facebook when people stupidly post their dates of birth on their profiles & no doubt some old email address register that also lists odd stuff that might come in handy.
    Author
    Ok thanks for that
    AFAIK it is illegal to obtain any data about any person from any source. Simply because any data that exists about anyone is for the sole purpose it was originally designed for. The data cannot be used for any other purpose.
    For example, if a shoe company knows about the size of my feet in order to inform me about shoe offers, it cannot use that data to inform me about socks and neither can any other entity use that data.
's avatar