Posted 4 days ago

anyone get annoyed by £3.50 restauruant rice?

old man moan

So you go to a thai place and order a £13 pad krapow and what will turn up is a third of chicken breast, some soy sauce and quarter of an onion and some chillis, with basil

rice is extra £3.50...

I get it I just wish it was included and they charged £16.

I get some people want diffrent type of rice or
sometihng but its annoying
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    This is the problem with leaving the house.
    Good restaurants are very expensive these days. Rice for £3.50 is cheap that is to say reasonable.
    Good restaurants ???? Rice is rice right ??? Cooking rice take the least skill for making a decent dish.
    As you say, there are different rice options. But what if you wanted noodles instead? At least you now have the option to choose, or not have it at all
    Author
    yeah I get it but a rice dish ends up being 1350 where as noodle dishes at 1000

are the rice dishes really more expensive... no not really just thisfalse economy of paying rice seperate.
    Ah yes - Rice 10 baht in Mr Jok's place in Samsen Road, Bangkok
    That's been about the going rate for take out rice for some time in any place I've ordered from...
    It does question my spending though - I really need to cut down on take outs!
    Plenty of "All you can eat buffet" places now that work out cheaper.
    Yeah. I watched a review last night on a all you can eat restaurant for £15 and omg. Amazing. Nothing around me like it though.
    I'll put up a £12 pizza I had last week though. That was 30 miles away though. Seems you have to pick the venue carefully or it can work out pricey. Service charges are being added on now can be another cost
    52222875_1.jpg (edited)
    I was booking a restaurant and had a look at the menu:

52222513-4NXw7.jpg
    30p supplement for sweet potato fries!?
    £3 for gravy?
    I really must stop dining out...
    Stop eating outside... Restaurants have become very expensive. Government policies + high rent costs have only fuelled the destruction of restaurant sector...
    £3.50 rice in a curry restaurant is ok

Some people may prefer to have naan bread instead (usually it is a similar price)

It is the £3 for a small glass of cola that I object to.
    Author
    I can get it for this, but the prices don't reflect it in noodle dishes.

Chicken, Veg, rice sauce £16
    Chicen Veg Noodle sauce £13

Because noodles comes with it and the rice is seperate.
    I just stick a 39p sachet of rice in the microwave when I order takeaway
's avatar