Anyone heard of or dealt with technodrone.uk

Posted 18th Sep
Their prices seem cheap compared to others. But can't find any reviews for them.

technodrone.uk/
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

69 Comments
Scamadviser give it a 80% trust rating but it must be very new, there are no reviews and no company info.
Personally I would err on the side of caution.
They claim to be operating since 2011
Registered on: 02-Aug-2019. Wouldn't risk it!
BilzR18/09/2019 12:05

They claim to be operating since 2011

If that's right how come no reviews after 8 years trading, just sounds iffy to me.
The site can't decide if it's SAS Eurotext Import or Veg Investment Ltd (where if the latter is the UK-based company: it's accounts submission to Companies House is overdue). If the technodrone URL is hyphenated to separate the words you see a very similar site but with marginally different presentation (not going to quote the URL here as a clicky and promote the site). Both sites' About Us page is full of unsupported smelly stuff. Would be reasonably wreckless to consider purchasing from these sites without further credibility checks.
My simple rule is if you cant find a phone number within 60 seconds AVOID.
bigwheels18/09/2019 13:05

Can find a tel number in 10secs. Still avoid until significant credibility is confirmed.
AndyRoyd18/09/2019 13:14

Can find a tel number in 10secs. Still avoid until significant credibility …Can find a tel number in 10secs. Still avoid until significant credibility is confirmed.

Fair point.

Took me 5 mins to find a contact number for Bulb my gas and elec company.
I think that means I should leave them.
Cheers guys
bigwheels18/09/2019 13:05

You can buy phone numbers for pence, many scammers do. My landline for home is VoIP and looks like a local landline number and even forwards it to my mobile if I don’t answer. People calling it wouldn’t know where in the world I am!!!
bigwheels18/09/2019 13:16

Fair point.Took me 5 mins to find a contact number for Bulb my gas and …Fair point.Took me 5 mins to find a contact number for Bulb my gas and elec company.I think that means I should leave them.

It just means they don’t want you to call them.
First, they don't answer the emails; secondly, if you go to google maps and check the address you will see the Steakhouse and third they don't have PayPal option, so until they enable PayPal option I'll not risk! Too much dodge for me!
Google Maps
Very dodgy company, purchased a drone for £600 after several emails sent me cheap and nasty £20 drone.
No contact numbers or anything. Credit Card company investigating them.
Avoid at all costs, I am having exactly the same problem as bigg5, I ordered two Xiaomi Mi drones at 299 Euros each, then straight away received email to say delivery would be delayed. The only way to contact them is via the website and they take days to reply, then one day a cheap toy drone, that isn't even on their website, turned up and now they refuse to continue with the order until I return it to their warehouse in France, at my own cost.
This is obviously a technique to delay the whole process, and no doubt if I do return it they will claim that they haven't received it.
I will now start a claim with my credit card company to get my money back.
Do NOT purchase anything from them. They are scammers and have stolen £130 from me. Legal action And fraudulent action is being taken against them
kai.skellham06/11/2019 17:54

Do NOT purchase anything from them. They are scammers and have stolen £130 …Do NOT purchase anything from them. They are scammers and have stolen £130 from me. Legal action And fraudulent action is being taken against them

You’re taking legal action against a company purporting to be based in France for £130 that hasn’t even got a phone number just to recoup £130? Good luck with that!
Get In touch with your Credit Card and ask for a refund.
Coincidentally stumbled across them today, as they have some Switch games for pretty cheap. Did a bit of Googles and found myself here! And by chance see posts from today! Anyway, advice taken. Will avoid that place!
Jayswa
I did exactly the same and here I am !
I googled "cheapest PS4" and Technodrone.uk came up.
PS4 for £128 - too good to be true - about £100 cheaper than anywhere else.
I will echo what the other people have said and will steer clear.
Shame though
daveycrockett1964_.06/11/2019 19:31

JayswaI did exactly the same and here I am !I googled "cheapest PS4" and …JayswaI did exactly the same and here I am !I googled "cheapest PS4" and Technodrone.uk came up.PS4 for £128 - too good to be true - about £100 cheaper than anywhere else.I will echo what the other people have said and will steer clear.Shame though

Hi Davey and welcome to HUKD. If you find any other websites that you’re unsure of. Just pop a question on here and we’ll do our best to tell you if it’s legit or not.
Thanks Toptrumpet.

I'm going to email them a link to this page if you don't mind.
I thought it would give them a chance to defend themselves.
Somehow I think they won't.
daveycrockett1964_.06/11/2019 20:24

Thanks Toptrumpet.I'm going to email them a link to this page if you don't …Thanks Toptrumpet.I'm going to email them a link to this page if you don't mind.I thought it would give them a chance to defend themselves.Somehow I think they won't.

They’ll be too busy laughing about the stupid English and counting the money to bother to reply.
Don’t waste your time. Have you tried looking on heat for deals for whatever you’re looking for? Just put it n the search box and click on deals.
How about looking at Argos eBay store and using eBay site wide code PRISTINE for 10% off?
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 6th Nov
My dumbass trusted scamadviser and odered a switch game and I find this now
Charlie_Stover07/11/2019 15:58

My dumbass trusted scamadviser and odered a switch game and I find this …My dumbass trusted scamadviser and odered a switch game and I find this now

That’s why you have to look at Scamadviser in it’s entirety rather than just the percentage trust rating.
38926537-fhTWi.jpgHopefully you haven’t lost too much money. You could try contacting your credit card company or Bank, but I wouldn’t hold out much hope of a refund.
Toptrumpet07/11/2019 16:05

That’s why you have to look at Scamadviser in it’s entirety rather than jus …That’s why you have to look at Scamadviser in it’s entirety rather than just the percentage trust rating.[Image] Hopefully you haven’t lost too much money. You could try contacting your credit card company or Bank, but I wouldn’t hold out much hope of a refund.

It was only £35 could have been much much worse
I'd just like to add to my post from yesterday.

38928679-pAFY5.jpg
The attached image is from the Google search for "cheapest PS4"
The Technodrone result - which I have circled - also says "By Google" at the bottom.
When I originally saw this I thought ok - I trust Google - and it looks like they are putting their name to the website, so that's why I clicked on it.
My suspicions were only aroused due to the ridiculously cheap price for the PS4 - about one hundred pounds cheaper than anywhere else, plus the fact that there were no technical specifications or detailed product info - the sort of stuff you always see on legit websites.
It just goes to show that the internet isn't as straightforward as we may think, and you should always question something that appears too good to be true.
Edited by: "daveycrockett1964_." 7th Nov
daveycrockett1964_.07/11/2019 20:04

I'd just like to add to my post from yesterday.[Image] The attached image …I'd just like to add to my post from yesterday.[Image] The attached image is from the Google search for "cheapest PS4"The Technodrone result - which I have circled - also says "By Google" at the bottom.When I originally saw this I thought ok - I trust Google - and it looks like they are putting their name to the website, so that's why I clicked on it.My suspicions were only aroused due to the ridiculously cheap price for the PS4 - about one hundred pounds cheaper than anywhere else, plus the fact that there were no technical specifications or detailed product info - the sort of stuff you always see on legit websites.It just goes to show that the internet isn't as straightforward as we may think, and you should always question something that appears too good to be true.Is there any way we can get this out to a wider audience ?I've already posted onto my local area Facebook group.

If google took down all the rogue things they advertise, then it would be a very small search engine. There’s nothing you can really do except tell everyone you know to research exactly what websites they intend to purchase from.
Personally, if I find a website that I’m unsure of, I check their returns policy and contact details. If the website doesn’t give a specific address to return an item, then for me that’s a red flag. I like transparency and withholding such simple information is not good practice in my opinion. The address can then be searched on google earth to see if it tallies. If it’s not available or blanked out on google earth, again another red flag. I also look through the t&c’s for basic spelling mistakes or badly worded sentences (which is common for chinese websites pretending to be UK based).
I then check the website address using Whois.com which shows age of the website and then I cross check the information with Scamadviser.com and read the whole of the report.
No-one can protect you better than yourself, so 10 minutes research could prevent months of worry and stress.
My I ordered 5 days ago and the email claimed it would arrive in 5-7 days so I'll keep you all posted over the next few days
I emailed them last night and they just responded now saying it's been delayed. Safe to say I'm never seeing that switch game. Oh well.
Read this38936062-NgesN.jpg
Peter_SmithXQM06/11/2019 09:24

Avoid at all costs, I am having exactly the same problem as bigg5, I …Avoid at all costs, I am having exactly the same problem as bigg5, I ordered two Xiaomi Mi drones at 299 Euros each, then straight away received email to say delivery would be delayed. The only way to contact them is via the website and they take days to reply, then one day a cheap toy drone, that isn't even on their website, turned up and now they refuse to continue with the order until I return it to their warehouse in France, at my own cost.This is obviously a technique to delay the whole process, and no doubt if I do return it they will claim that they haven't received it.I will now start a claim with my credit card company to get my money back.

Hi, do you get your money back? I placed an order a few days ago and I haven't received any email message about the delivery so far. I'm worried about it.
Edited by: "Chuck_Yang" 9th Nov
Chuck_Yang09/11/2019 18:37

H, do you get your money back? I placed an order a few days ago and I …H, do you get your money back? I placed an order a few days ago and I haven't received any email message about the delivery so far. I'm worried about it.

How much was your order for and how did you make payment?
Toptrumpet09/11/2019 18:41

How much was your order for and how did you make payment?

Nearly 200 pounds by Visa
Edited by: "Chuck_Yang" 9th Nov
bigg501/11/2019 14:49

Very dodgy company, purchased a drone for £600 after several emails sent …Very dodgy company, purchased a drone for £600 after several emails sent me cheap and nasty £20 drone.No contact numbers or anything. Credit Card company investigating them.

Afternoon All
Quick update, complete and utter BS from this company.
Just like many they take your money and try to fob you off with cheap imitations knock offs.
I paid €640 for a mavic 2 zoom in return got a £20 knock off advertised on Amazon.
CC company has refunded me the money and the claim is on going.
Stay well clear but I am very sure with Xmas round the corner a lot more people around the world will be getting scammed by these bastar#ds.
Get the word out start sharing across the social media platform even if we can deter a small percentage that is a good result.
Chuck_Yang09/11/2019 18:54

Nearly 200 pounds by Visa

Well get onto your credit card company straight away and ask for a refund as it’s a scam website.
daveycrockett1964_.07/11/2019 20:04

I'd just like to add to my post from yesterday.[Image] The attached image …I'd just like to add to my post from yesterday.[Image] The attached image is from the Google search for "cheapest PS4"The Technodrone result - which I have circled - also says "By Google" at the bottom.When I originally saw this I thought ok - I trust Google - and it looks like they are putting their name to the website, so that's why I clicked on it.My suspicions were only aroused due to the ridiculously cheap price for the PS4 - about one hundred pounds cheaper than anywhere else, plus the fact that there were no technical specifications or detailed product info - the sort of stuff you always see on legit websites.It just goes to show that the internet isn't as straightforward as we may think, and you should always question something that appears too good to be true.

Google Well done
I did what many of you have done typed in cheapest ps4 deals and technodrone came up advertised at €128 i thought this was an extremely cheap offer took a look at the website didnt see anything from trust pilot etc so googled the site and its led me here....so glad it has. Think ill just stick with well known retailers that yes cost alot more but you no your getting ure item, its not a knock off, it has a guarantee and ill have a happy child come xmas morning. I just hope other people check out this site before making orders as theres going to be alot of worried and disappointed parents in the run up to xmas
emma.mooreQq711/11/2019 09:06

I did what many of you have done typed in cheapest ps4 deals and …I did what many of you have done typed in cheapest ps4 deals and technodrone came up advertised at €128 i thought this was an extremely cheap offer took a look at the website didnt see anything from trust pilot etc so googled the site and its led me here....so glad it has. Think ill just stick with well known retailers that yes cost alot more but you no your getting ure item, its not a knock off, it has a guarantee and ill have a happy child come xmas morning. I just hope other people check out this site before making orders as theres going to be alot of worried and disappointed parents in the run up to xmas

Thanks Emma and welcome to HUKD. If you find anymore suspicious websites, put them on here and we’ll try and help you keep safe.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 11th Nov
I have had a similar experience. I ordered a Hubsan 109 drone for 235 Euros. Having seen comments on this site I have created a dispute through the credit card company. This morning a small package arrived by courier from techno drone with what seemed to be a very small toy drone inside. I don't know exactly what it was because I refused to accept the package. Lets see what happens next.
alan.baskeyfield11/11/2019 13:56

I have had a similar experience. I ordered a Hubsan 109 drone for 235 …I have had a similar experience. I ordered a Hubsan 109 drone for 235 Euros. Having seen comments on this site I have created a dispute through the credit card company. This morning a small package arrived by courier from techno drone with what seemed to be a very small toy drone inside. I don't know exactly what it was because I refused to accept the package. Lets see what happens next.

Thanks Alan for taking the time out to join HUKD and sharing your experience of this scam website.
Just keep us updated and hopefully your credit card company will refund you without dispute.
nerdpitch.co.uk/
technodrone.uk/

Nerdpitch ... also have another fake website, same company info etc. I reported to Google and would be good if others could do the same.

Without searches from google they won't be able to scam people and it take 2 mins to fill out:
support.google.com/goo…icy
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants