Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 20 March 2024

Anyone know Anything about Art ?

As i bought my Mother this Painting from a rather upmarket shop that imported Furniture, mirrors and accessories from all around the world particularly from India/Bali/Indonesia. I remember paying around £200 for it some 25 years ago now, but now i need to sell it and have know idea what it is worth.

So im really looking for some guidance as to finding out what it is and its value etc
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Found this similar painting on ebay

ebay.com/itm…039

That same painting above (the one I posted above not your image) is also shown on this Facebook page (scroll down and you will see it stuck on a wall in a hotel room)

facebook.com/Oce…ch/

I see you have also asked the same question on reddit !

I found all this out by right clicking on your image and selecting "Search image with Google"

I know little about art but I think you are unlikely to get back anywhere near what you paid for it (if similar paintings are on the wall of a hotel room!) (edited)
    Probably not worth anything like what you paid for it 25 years ago. Unfortunately not all art and collectables go up in value and I fear with things been so much easier to import these days this won't have held it's value.

Stick on eBay with a reservation of the minimum you would be happy to accept as it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If someone fall in love with they my pay a premium for it, or sites like Etsy maybe better for something that's hand painted.
    Panting or print? Signed or unsigned? (edited)
    While walking down the main street in Yogyakarta in Java (Indonesia) a couple of years ago 3 people in a row tried to coax me into nearby galleries to sell me a 'batic art' painting. Needless to say these are all overpriced/low quality scams, so be prepared to be disappointed...

guideyourtravel.com/the…or/
's avatar