Posted 2 days ago

Anyone tried Mounjaro or Wegovy for losing weight?

I've heard these actually work but wanted to hear first hand from anyone who has used these? Any info/advice would be be appreciated. Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    IMHO the best way to lose weight is to exercise regularly, eat well and cut out alcohol, sugar and the like from your diet, at least until you have lost your weight or got to your target weight…then you can be a bit less strict with your diet but remain consistent with regular exercise.

Works wonders for your weight and as an added benefit it seems to help with positive thoughts/mind too.

Hope this helps

Chris (edited)
    I read an interesting article from a doctor recently around dieting. Many people are hung up on the idea of dieting the "right way" and see anything else as cheating . Theres' pros and cons to different types of diet but he suggested that if you've spent a big chunk of your life struggling and failing to lose weight then whatever way works for you is the right way.

I don't fully agree with what he said, I'm sure some ways people choose to lose weight can be dangerous or have severe unwanted effects but it opened my mind a little.
    The weight loss injections really do work. There’s currently a meme in American where they say “ozempic for everything”. Once it comes off patent I’m sure GPs in the UK will be prescribing it here there and everywhere. Everything is connected to your weight one way or another.

Tbh it all depends on your budget, they aren’t cheap (but then again can you really put a price on your health), usually between £145-£200 per month! (edited)
    Better to put that money towards clean food and a PT
    if there was a drug you could take for smoking/gambling/drinking addiction and it would help/cure it , why would you not take it ?
    Sometimes being obese is a mental thing and this helps you with that so all good for me but you should wait as there are other brands coming that are even better and muscle sparing ie the technology/drugs is getting better with time and more research.
    With all those things, they are not essential so easier to quit.

I have large people in my family, and like they say they can't quick food cold turkey like cigarettes
    Also bear in mind calories in, calories out, keep active and be stricter but not totally why tryi to lose when you get whhre you want, then maintain.

Also I heard eating say from 10 till 6 is a good time, not starving yourself just eating at certain times
    It's never as simple as eating less and so more ...
    If it were weight watchers would have gone bankrupt decades ago.
    You're fighting genetics and junk food..... The injection will dump loads of weight, but once you stop them it will pile back on as most us users have found.
    There's too much money in keeping us fat and buying cures.
    Improve your diet and drink more water.
    this is gonna be a lifetime meds for some people.
    I have previously done really well with slimming world and over 15 years ago lost 6 stone and got to a healthy weight and BMI.

When I got there, the only way was up.... In weight and there was no contingency for managing a healthy weight, as that is not in their business model.

Since then my weight has fluctuated within a 2.5 stone margin, and when I hit a certain weight it triggers me to shed it again, but yes it's a yo-yo cycle.

4 years ago I adopted a whole foods plant based diet and that definitely helped as it was a very varied diet and enjoyable lifestyle. However I was a regular alcohol drinker, not excessive but consistent and regular. In my mind I replaced junk food sugars with beer sugar and even with huge exercise efforts and having a very very physically demanding job I was still able to be overweight by up to 3 stone.

Then I stopped drinking and over the last 2 years I now train lightly due to age and inflammation and huge recovery times, so I do Pilates and yoga, cycling and walking and I've been very very steadily getting fitter, lighter and less pain filled with next to zero effort.
    I eat when I'm hungry whereas before I ate by the clock.

It used to be inconceivable to not eat all of my 3 meals a day, snacks in between then beer at night.

However I was recommended this book, the yoga of eating and it seems to have reprogrammed my mind to eat when I feel hungry and I feel so free. Whereas I've always been a slave to food and scared to death of being hungry.

Here is a link to the book.

awesomebooks.com/book/9780967089720/the-yoga-of-eating

I was obsessed with food, and no matter what self control I've used I've never been this physique and body shape ever. I can now see all of the muscle I packed on during lockdown in my shed which before seemed to be a waste of time

I wish you every bit of success, freedom from guilt and peace in your world that have transformed a stressed out fat sick and nearly dead pre 50 year old.

I hope this may help you, and perhaps some others and it's never too late, and you can only start where you are at!!

X (edited)
    Yes they work but come with huge risks, these are diabetic medications so think carefully before considering these type of weight loss
    They work and there are risks, however being obese comes with probably even more risks
's avatar