Posted 1 day ago

Apple Carplay/Android Auto Help

Hi guys,

I have a Peugeot 2008 (Allure 16 plate) and it has apple car play built into the touch screen display but not android auto. Instead of buying a new display (£300) is there a cheaper way?

Some said by a cheap iPhone and use and tether that (which I might do) but would rather get Android Auto or something else working. Any suggestions?

Cheers, Jamie.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    52560621-wIRja.jpgAccording to this it does have it
    They lie. I have a very similar Peugeot, it says that in the manual, but all the unit supports is ApplePlay.
    I spent a long time trying to find an answer to this and got nowhere. The main dealer will offer to replace the screen/unit, but they charge a stupid price and say it might not work!
    Get a phone holder if your phone has large screen

Alternatively, plenty of portable screen for android auto under £100 at amazon
    I have a Peugeot van that is based on 2008 same radio etc and supports both.
    Have you installed Android auto on your phone?
    Android auto is rubbish though. CarPlay is far better. (edited)
    He mentioned he had a pixel. Android auto is preloaded on pixels. Baked in one could say
    Just to add to this conversation, I have Android Auto, and noticed using certain USB cables would not activate the Android Auto
    Also there were a number of different audio players I could use on my phone, which provided, either better or worse functionality ( using musicolet at the moment)
's avatar