Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 17 December 2016

Are there any free online courses which will get me a .ac.uk email address?

Needed to get a NUS card
Community Updates
New Comment

139 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    stevo610517/11/2018 21:24

Login to your university/college portal to get this totum card. So how do …Login to your university/college portal to get this totum card. So how do you get it ?

No idea why there you mention of university / college cos you don't need to be a student.
    Go to cards.nusextra.co.uk/
    Enter email address
    Select learndirect as place of study (and as many peeps have difficulty spelling that pos, the first six characters are: learnd)
    Decide wot course your're not studying
    Upload a cute pic
    Pay minimum £13.50 to the conmercial company that runs the scheme.
    Obtain your membership the instant your payment is processed.
    it's so simple even my cat has an NUSx card.
    Any idea of this still applies?
    I've actually accidentally found a solution to this.

I signed up to a free distance learning course (NCFE Cache Level 2) at a local college a few months ago. Give them a search, many have them since covid. Mine was free if you complete it, but with a charge if you don't - but many won't have this charge as they are part of a scheme for free distance learning.

I expected to not be considered a student, but a week or so later I received a text that I had been enrolled and was given a .ac.uk account. I immediately bought a student discount card for 3 years and it's been serving me well.

Guessing the .ac.uk email will be deleted after a while, but as I bought the physical card it won't matter.
    Did they chase you from the start with calls or emails etc? They have a throwaway email that works. Nothing else is valid.
    I have just been through their form as one course interested me, but I gave crap info as I wanted to see where it would all lead. For an online course, why should you have to give a secondary contact? That's quite intrusive.
    I am not show how valid it all will be as they could not list my school, and I am damned if I could find my qualifications from 40 years ago. How would they get around that? There is no info on the site (edited)
    learndirect doesn't seem to be available from the dropdown list. Can anyone else confirm?
    muntarmadness31/01/2019 19:58

Only has the collect option ? (From their student union)

It should give you option to deliver to your address if you entered it on your details page

36960948-FCK8w.jpg
    36722757-PqrH8.jpg
    Swags27 m ago

I didn’t have to put anything like that in. There was no field and so was a …I didn’t have to put anything like that in. There was no field and so was a simple registration.

This is what im presented with now, i can try another uni but it then only lets me deliver to the uni's address?>
    I don’t even see Avado from the drop down. Anyone else with any other training providers
    elisa.rosai16 m ago

Hello I did use your link but still I get only the deliver to child …Hello I did use your link but still I get only the deliver to child central training ltd. Any idea?

I've just tried myself. It looks like they've stopped posting to home addresses
    Sorry!
    Swags17th Dec 2018

Try AVADO (Home Learning College)

I tried to use Avado but it's trying to deliver to their main address. Which is:
    The Old Lab, 3 Mills Studios
    Three Mills Lane
    London
    E3 3DU

How did you amend the delivery address or physiclaly obtain the card?
    leelou90511/03/2019 08:13

Avado also worked for me too.

What did you put for the college membership number? Ive tried a few combinations of random digits and it keeps saying ‘the details you entered are not valid
    bump
    Bump
    Any new updates to this to get an ac.uk email? i need one too (not a student).
    same here lol
    muntarmadness31/01/2019 22:19

Oh so I buy now and it will give me that option later ? Cause this is what …Oh so I buy now and it will give me that option later ? Cause this is what I’m getting after I select child central training ? [Image]

Try using this link. It seems to work different

cards.nusextra.co.uk

You still get the totum card
    Try AVADO (Home Learning College)
    Just used avado and it gave me option of home delivery and didn’t ask for student id number. Paid for 3 years . Love NUS card, well worth a try. Thanks for all the above comments, very helpful x
    Im still wondering how to get a free .ac.uk email for UniDays and Student Beans lol
    tejjy

​put in the shaw academy, don't think it's checked, I put in my email a … ​put in the shaw academy, don't think it's checked, I put in my email address for my student number

Use E-careers
    Madchester

It's asking for my place of study on application page, shall I put "The … It's asking for my place of study on application page, shall I put "The School of Life" LOL

You literally can put any university. Make up your course. Deliver to home. Done. No need to listen to these wallys using groupon courses etc!
    I’m also looking for any way to get a ac uk address due to Spotify’s new renewal rule!
    deleted203396911/11/2018 10:09

How do you get amazon prime for students without an .ac.uk/.edu address? …How do you get amazon prime for students without an .ac.uk/.edu address? pls

By buying Totum membership as mentioned in few preceding posts (minimum £13.50 for 12months); then send proof of Totum membership to Amazon as stated at amazon.co.uk/gp/…813 . Fastest way: immediately after Totum application install Totum app to mobile device, add your Totum signup ID to app and then use screenshot of your Totum profile page as the scan that Amazon requests.
    stevo61057 m ago

thats what I didPut email in and then it asks for me to log into my … thats what I didPut email in and then it asks for me to log into my portalOh it's the learndirect that does it What about the next sectionAsksCourse disciplineStart yearEnd year

C'mon dude, you're pulling a blag. Just blag it.
    stefos8911 h, 9 m ago

Try using this link. It seems to work …Try using this link. It seems to work differenthttps://cards.nusextra.co.ukYou still get the totum card

Thanks very much mate, worked a treat
    Wow, thanks mate!worked a treat and i could even choose the delivery address, so all sorted now! A big thank you for your help, those like you make this place a hot spot for deals and helps us save a penny or two...lol!
    yvonnekearsley43 m ago

delivery address is Child Central Training Ltd. cant get it delivered to …delivery address is Child Central Training Ltd. cant get it delivered to my home address. i thought id finallycracked it

Wonder how many get sent to the university and then binned when no one collects them as people just use the app.
    Any places to get .ac.uk for unidays?

NUS is crap anyway!
    Bumping for ac.uk help
    Any new updates for ac.uk email please?
    still looking as well
    Author
    I'm just looking at TEFL language courses on Groupon. Does anyone know if they give .ac.uk email?
    Shaw academy free online course, you can get nus card.
    Madchester

Do you need to be a student though?

Absolutely not
    Author
    MrQosmio

Absolutely not[/quoteAbsolutely not

It's asking for my place of study on application page, shall I put "The School of Life" LOL
    Madchester

I'm just looking at TEFL language courses on Groupon. Does anyone know … I'm just looking at TEFL language courses on Groupon. Does anyone know if they give .ac.uk email?

​No one will give you an ac.uk email for online courses. You could do an OU course but it's not worth it to try & save money
    Just register with the Shaw academy in a free course and you will be able to get an nus card, just did it myself
    Madchester

It's asking for my place of study on application page, shall I put "The … It's asking for my place of study on application page, shall I put "The School of Life" LOL

​put in the shaw academy, don't think it's checked, I put in my email address for my student number
    MrQosmio

You literally can put any university. Make up your course. Deliver to … You literally can put any university. Make up your course. Deliver to home. Done. No need to listen to these wallys using groupon courses etc!

I can verify this- just make it all up and ask for it to be delivered to your home address...
    Caroline_1993

Use E-careers

​Theres no need to buy a course, done it for free using the Shaw academy a few weeks back, and they didnt check, so you can literally make up a course and get one for free, without a .ac.uk email address
    Sorry for bumping another old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has found a way around how NUS (or now, Totum) have blocked renewals and new applications for online courses from ecrears etc? I went to renew mine again but this time, nothing
    deleted50493130/10/2018 22:22

Sorry for bumping another old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has …Sorry for bumping another old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has found a way around how NUS (or now, Totum) have blocked renewals and new applications for online courses from ecrears etc? I went to renew mine again but this time, nothing

Select the dropdown text string of provider "learndirect" on the Totum sign up page. No need to be a student. Never has been.
    deleted50493109/11/2018 07:06

I just checked, there isn't an option for that now, or even a drop down …I just checked, there isn't an option for that now, or even a drop down box anymore (trying it on the chrome app). There's a learn at home - so I might try that later. Thanks for the heads up though!

09 November 2018:

35999277-wFYDS.jpg

's avatar