Posted 12 February 2021

Argos refund policy

I am thinking of buying a router from argos, and I am not sure of how good it'll be, does anyone know the return policy?

It says you can return if unopened... but how are we meant to see if its ok without opening...?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You aren’t. If you open it and it turns out to be faulty then that’s fine, you just return it as being faulty. But you aren’t meant to just buy something, try it out for a bit, and then decide that you want to return it because you’ve changed your mind or don’t like it. That’s why it’s important to do your research well before you buy. (edited)
    HappyShopper12/02/2021 20:02

One of my worst retailer experiences was with an Argos return several …One of my worst retailer experiences was with an Argos return several years ago.Returned a sealed, unused USB hub which I didn't end up needing - the employee opened the package and proceeded to examine the hub closely as if she was a forensics detective examining a crime scene. Seemed to take forever after which I was given my refund. It took all my will power not to say anything to the jumped up Saturday girl playing at being the store supervisor/manager.

I had something similar a few years ago. Was on business in Leicester and thought I would need a 2Tb drive for the work I was doing so popped out to Argos nearby and purchased a drive.

Turned out that I didn’t need it so again on Business in Bracknell popped into the town centre to return the unopened drive. The girl proceeded to open it all up, she even checked the booklets to check what the contents should be, didn’t say a word but when she agreed to a refund I asked her why she opened it up. She told me that a lot of people open things up, pinch stuff, seal it and return it, asked her how Argos could now sell it, we’ll just tape it shut she replied.

I can see why they check the returns thoroughly but if ever buying from Argos now first thing I check are the seals to see if it’s been taped shut.
    You could buy and pay online then collect in store which you'll be covered under Consumer Rights.

Opening, using, feeling it's not fit for purpose is probably a moot point. (edited)
    wanderer12/02/2021 18:31

Nope this is argos they make up their own rules Our local store is flat …Nope this is argos they make up their own rules Our local store is flat refusing any returns and insisted I travel 15miles to a sainsburys argos to return an item I had purchased from a normal high street argosWhich in this case was damaged in transit one same day delivery and refused to refund the delivery charge of £3.95And to top it off a different county and tier

I mean, it is in their current terms and conditions of sale for refunds.....

43859433-4f7nT.jpg
    Pandamansays12/02/2021 18:50

Argos returns are very variable, sometimes they are helpful, most times …Argos returns are very variable, sometimes they are helpful, most times not.

One of my worst retailer experiences was with an Argos return several years ago.

Returned a sealed, unused USB hub which I didn't end up needing - the employee opened the package and proceeded to examine the hub closely as if she was a forensics detective examining a crime scene. Seemed to take forever after which I was given my refund. It took all my will power not to say anything to the jumped up Saturday girl playing at being the store supervisor/manager.
    wanderer12/02/2021 20:16

It would be nice to inform the customer that local stores are not …It would be nice to inform the customer that local stores are not providing returns and that you'll have to travel out to return or even say it'll be picked up but there was nothing just an airport style chute to slide goods out off

It’s on the website as Arcade showed and at my daughters store it’s a table across the doors and as I said her store tells people when they pick up.

Not every store is as good as each other and sadly customer don’t bother to read just shout when things don’t go their way and sadly staff still have to deal with it.

Edit Oh and by the way at the top of the home page it even there with an exclamation mark. Not sure what else they can do. If people don’t want to read it
    deleted234448012/02/2021 19:43

I mean, it is in their current terms and conditions of sale for …I mean, it is in their current terms and conditions of sale for refunds.....[Image]

(edited)
    deleted234448012/02/2021 19:43

I mean, it is in their current terms and conditions of sale for …I mean, it is in their current terms and conditions of sale for refunds.....[Image]

Hmm maybe I should have checked the banner that's usually at the top of web pages
    Or if you have prime, buy it from Amazon, try it out and send it back and buy from Argos (assuming it’s cheaper) if you’re happy with it.
    samosa12/02/2021 16:28

You could buy and pay online then collect in store which you'll be covered …You could buy and pay online then collect in store which you'll be covered under Consumer Rights.Opening, using, feeling it's not fit for purpose is probably a moot point.

Nope this is argos they make up their own rules
    Our local store is flat refusing any returns and insisted I travel 15miles to a sainsburys argos to return an item I had purchased from a normal high street argos
    Which in this case was damaged in transit one same day delivery and refused to refund the delivery charge of £3.95

And to top it off a different county and tier (edited)
    trevg7612/02/2021 17:36

Or if you have prime, buy it from Amazon, try it out and send it back and …Or if you have prime, buy it from Amazon, try it out and send it back and buy from Argos (assuming it’s cheaper) if you’re happy with it.

Amazon is my favourite site ,just as long it's from Amazon and not a marketplace item (edited)
    Argos returns are very variable, sometimes they are helpful, most times not.
    Once you have broken the seal and there is no fault with it argos will not refund you. Read on their website returns & refunds section.
    Argos are the worst company for returns.
    Even if the router turns out to be faulty you'll still struggle to make them take it back.

I bought a mobile phone from them recently and the Wifi connection was erratic, meaning it would continuously drop connection and start using data. The branch manager flatly (and smugly) refused to take it back.
    The Argos website chat was just as horrendous, the woman frankly it wasnt their problem and I should have read the small print before buying the thing.

I eventually had to contact Samsung who accepted there was a fault and sent me a replacement,
    I recently returned a cheap pair of PC speakers to Argos because they where making a buzzing noise. All they did was look that they where in the box asked to see the receipt and put the money back on my card. No problem at all in and out within minutes.
    wanderer12/02/2021 18:31

Nope this is argos they make up their own rules Our local store is flat …Nope this is argos they make up their own rules Our local store is flat refusing any returns and insisted I travel 15miles to a sainsburys argos to return an item I had purchased from a normal high street argosWhich in this case was damaged in transit one same day delivery and refused to refund the delivery charge of £3.95And to top it off a different county and tier

If that’s at the moment it’s because they are only open for click and collect nothing more. You can return to a Sainsbury’s Argos and they can do the return. If you had it delivered call them up and they will pick it up again they did for us in the first lockdown.

Daughter works their at the moment while at college and they tell all customers that they cannot return when they pick up. It’s not their fault it’s the current rules that only allow them to open for click and collect and as above it’s on their website.
    deleted7595312/02/2021 19:53

If that’s at the moment it’s because they are only open for click and col …If that’s at the moment it’s because they are only open for click and collect nothing more. You can return to a Sainsbury’s Argos and they can do the return. If you had it delivered call them up and they will pick it up again they did for us in the first lockdown. Daughter works their at the moment while at college and they tell all customers that they cannot return when they pick up. It’s not their fault it’s the current rules that only allow them to open for click and collect and as above it’s on their website.

It would be nice to inform the customer that local stores are not providing returns and that you'll have to travel out to return or even say it'll be picked up but there was nothing just an airport style chute to slide goods out off
    I think they dont refund the postage (edited)
    Never had any problems returning things at Argos, bought some cheap headphones for my son to tide him over as he'd asked for wireless ones for xmas. Ended up returning them every few month when sound would only come out one speaker. Got a new pair no problem every time. Didn't even have box for them or anything
    gav.black14/02/2021 09:51

Never had any problems returning things at Argos, bought some cheap …Never had any problems returning things at Argos, bought some cheap headphones for my son to tide him over as he'd asked for wireless ones for xmas. Ended up returning them every few month when sound would only come out one speaker. Got a new pair no problem every time. Didn't even have box for them or anything

Yes but they had developed a fault. The op is pondering on how helpful they would be at returning an item you've just decided to test out for awhile then take back for a refund..
    Alexanderlocks14/02/2021 16:06

Yes but they had developed a fault. The op is pondering on how helpful …Yes but they had developed a fault. The op is pondering on how helpful they would be at returning an item you've just decided to test out for awhile then take back for a refund..

It was more a reply to those that said Argos returns are useless even when there is a fault
's avatar