Posted 19 January 2024

Back to the Future reboot?

With all the old movie franchisees having a reboot of some sort how do people feel if they were to take out a new version of Back to the Future? For me I would be rather excited if they were to come up with a fresh storyline loosely based on the original trilogy. Have a look at what one YouTuber has come up with...joe.co.uk/ent…141
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Films are pathetic now compared to the 80's and 90's. Back then it was about making something enjoyable with the best available talent. Now it's all about messaging and diversity.

A remake would be tragic. (edited)
    Sometimes they act as technology showcases such as effects.

You could say the same for a lot of games as well - back in the day it was all gameplay over graphics. Nowadays it's all either big budget photo realism or small indie titles harking back to the gaming of the 80s.

(There was a story yesterday on a.n.other site about the 40th(?) anniversary of Elite - the story was larger in byte size than the entire original game)
    not for me.

just leave it as it is. they will just ruin it
    Basically, the movie business has run out of original ideas. First it was sequels, now remakes. The Lion King remake was terrible in my opinion, so were a few others. (edited)
    Author
    I think the majority of the cases this is true with a very few exceptions where the remake is acceptable . Thinking of Star Trek , X Men....
    Zemeckis has stated many times that he'll block any attempts at a remake while he's still alive, so unless he's had a change of heart or his bank balance has taken a hit then I can't see it happening any time soon. (edited)
    I don’t mind reboots, but they should be for movies that didn’t get it right the first time around. Rebooting popular, successful movies should be left alone.
    The trilogy in my opinion is near perfect as it is. There is absolutely no need to remake and if they do, it will lack story/substance and be filled with CGI etc to flesh it out. That seems to be the current trend, more explosions/car chases/bullets and less everything else. (edited)
    3 was a bit meh.
    Hollywood is now too political and its not just limited to movies. As others have pointed out they'd butcher a classic, they'd give the story a more diverse cast, change the car to a Tesla or some other EV and the story would centre around how alien a sheltered Gen Z Marty would find the 80's.
    no, no no.
    Lets put it this way - I wouldn't pay to see and I have paid to see a lot of dross over the years (Ghostbusters "reboot" anyone?)

Actually - could you imagine they make the reboot with the new DeLorean? (edited)
    52020657_1.jpgwoohoo great Scott! (edited)
    They have already got the cast sorted

52024922-Obam8.jpg
    52024922-JghYk.jpgLooking forward to it.
    No, absolutely NOT. (edited)
    The video linked was a fan made and it was pretty terrible with really bad voice over at points.
's avatar