Posted 15 December 2023

Baked beans recalled because they may contain rubber balls

"Small rubber balls have been found in tins of baked beans sold at Asda, Sainsbury's and Tesco (edit, also includes Morrisons), prompting a recall notice. The balls, about 2.5cm in diameter, are a choking hazard and have been found in tins of beans sold at (edit, four) major UK supermarkets. The recall notices only apply to products with the specific best before dates and batch codes listed. No receipt is needed to get a refund. " Sky news

Asda Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce - 200g
Best before November 2025, batch code 3313 and 3314

Asda Mixed Bean Salad - 400g
Best before October 2027, batch code 3293 and 3303

Branston Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce - 4 x 410g Plastic Wrapped
Best before December 2025, batch code 3338

Sainsburys Baked Beans & Pork Sausages in Tomato Sauce - 400g
Best before November 2025, batch code 3312

Tesco Mixed Bean Salad in Vinaigrette - 400g
Best before October 2025, batch code 3299

Tesco Baked Beans & Pork Sausages in Tomato Sauce - 395g
Best before November 2025, batch code 3312

Sources :

Baked beans recalled because they may contain rubber balls | UK News | Sky News

Princes Group recalls various canned bean products because they may contain small rubber balls | Food Standards Agency

Asda, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Morrisons urgently recall tins of baked beans over fears they contain rubber balls | The Sun

Product Recall: Asda Baked Beans 210g, and Asda Mixed Bean Salad 400g
Community Updates
New Comment

29 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    So those ones do come from the same factory?
    I prefer M&S beans
    I have worked in food factorys in the past. Usually a shop specifies the recipe / costings and the batch is different, other times you literally just change labels.

It is most likely that the beans are exactly the same just the sauce is different at the depositor batch to batch.

Sainsburys were always the most strict, and inspected the factory loads to make sure everything was up to their standards.
    And Morrisons email to me

The precautionary recall in UK and Ireland concerns only Branston Baked Beans 4 X 410g with best before date December 2025, batch code 3338.
    Appreciate the heads up.
    I like the way the skirt over the reason as to why there may rubber balls mixed in with the beans...
    We are the mushrooms, who just pay for everything. Most likely part of some machine in the factory. Although I'd have thought they'd be metal bearings and not rubber?
    51757908-Bfq5V.jpg
    Thanks, i got some Branstons in the cupboard so checked them, they're dated Jul 2025 so i'm good
    I was thinking on the same lines this morning regarding advocados would it kill the makers to include a different toy, like a mood ring or a novelty eraser rather than the same old wooden ball? Which incedently are a health risk if swallowed..
    "2.5cm in diameter"

not many per tin

(edited)
    Bouncy bouncy!
    Bouncing bombs?
    It's a few brands by the look?
    Shows that you may as well buy the cheaper ones', as they're all made in the same place.
    Just because they are made in the same place doesn't always indicate they are the same though?

May use different sauce recipes, differ on ratio of sauce/beans etc.

Wont always be the case.
's avatar