Basket Buddy - HUKD Grocery Deals app...new version released!

Supermod 164
Found 5th Apr 2012
The latest version of the HUKD grocery app is now live so check the first post for the links where you can download it for free.

Please let us know your thoughts and feedback etc in this thread.

Details from iTunes...

Get your UK grocery deal & printable coupon information from the biggest and best community of deal hunters. The official hotukdeals.com grocery app lets you save on your grocery list by bringing you the best information on deals, printable coupons, discounts, and freebies in your local UK supermarkets.

With a view of all the grocery stores near you, you can quickly and easily find the closest supermarket and the best deals and printable vouchers that are on. We have deals and vouchers from hundreds of grocery stores including Tesco, ASDA, ALDI, LIDL, Marks & Spencer, Waitrose, CO-OP, Sainsburys, Morrison, Netto, Home Bargains, Costcutters, Booths, Budgens, BHS.

We are offering this application so people can make use of the huge collective deal knowledge of the hotukdeals community to help people save on their groceries. We appreciate all feedback and will work hard to continually improve to help everyone save as much as they can!
Community Updates
MiscGroceriesBasketApp
164 Comments
Original Poster Supermod
Download Basket Buddy Android by clicking the image here>

https://lh4.ggpht.com/GMzFT_eLbEARDgx4wwMWWMUGYw6jxqiYshMzPpEoLN6nKhkQy9SxZJtNLCyN9A=w124

Or click the image here to download from iTunes>

https://lh4.ggpht.com/GMzFT_eLbEARDgx4wwMWWMUGYw6jxqiYshMzPpEoLN6nKhkQy9SxZJtNLCyN9A=w124

Please make sure you let us know what you think by leaving a rating! Thanks!

[img]desmond.imageshack.us/Him…php?server=441&filename=dfb55f051.jpg&res=landing[/img]

Edited by moderator: "edit" 6th Aug 2012
in b4 it doesn't work.
Doesnt give a free keyring, voted cold!
Banned
Oh god, yet another ill-conceived, barely functioning app.

Suppose, keeps the developers in a job since the main site is functioning at 100% and is totally error free...

Oh, wait.
Edited by: "backinblack" 5th Apr 2012
Original Poster Supermod
backinblack

Oh god, yet another ill-conceived, barely functioning app.Suppose, keeps … Oh god, yet another ill-conceived, barely functioning app.Suppose, keeps the developers in a job since the main site is functioning at 100% and is totally error free...mOh, wait.

What is it in particular about the app that you don't like or doesn't function properly?
backinblack

Oh god, yet another ill-conceived, barely functioning app.Suppose, keeps … Oh god, yet another ill-conceived, barely functioning app.Suppose, keeps the developers in a job since the main site is functioning at 100% and is totally error free...Oh, wait.

Personally I still want the old UI back of which I and I'm sure many others are the same.
Grocery app, must.. resist....
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/tumblr_l7qse5wJZ31qaqggd.gif
Nice one MJ
WTF is the Windows App?
i just tried the app, it works fine on my android tablet and i really like the idea too. not tryna kiss the mods ásses either, no homo
sboh247

i just tried the app, it works fine on my android tablet and i really … i just tried the app, it works fine on my android tablet and i really like the idea too. not tryna kiss the mods ásses either, no homo

It wont get you a keyring so no point
Original Poster Supermod
sboh247

i just tried the app, it works fine on my android tablet and i really … i just tried the app, it works fine on my android tablet and i really like the idea too. not tryna kiss the mods ásses either, no homo

Thanks!
Banned
its like around me but with vouchers ..
shauneco

WTF is the Windows App?

Still awaiting a response, Are Windows phone users invisible or something?
Banned
shauneco

WTF is the Windows App?

It's an app for Windows?

Oh, you mean WHERE TF....

That's not WTF. HTH.
backinblack

It's an app for Windows?Oh, you mean WHERE TF....That's not WTF. HTH.

Why, Where, Whatever

I think they know which abbreviation I meant.
shauneco

Nope, just very hard to see

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-04Za67KOxaw/TjsHloJoboI/AAAAAAAAAVc/XhlZCeqdZrA/s1600/Nielson-pie-chart.jpg

Original Poster Supermod
shauneco

Sorry, wasn't ignoring you. Will try and get some feedback for you on that.
dxx

Nope, just very hard to see

It's a growing market, Their is an app on W7P for HUKD, No reason not to support the future.
shauneco

It's a growing market, Their is an app on W7P for HUKD, No reason not to … It's a growing market, Their is an app on W7P for HUKD, No reason not to support the future.

The future? They have done with Android and iPhone.
Banned
SpeedJunkie

The future? They have done with Android and iPhone.

Statistically, they should be supporting Blackberry 1st.
WP7 will be 2nd soon, watch out apple fanbois.
Let's hear it for the bada community?

Wikipedia figures show it beating Microsoft despite being the newer of the two.

It is stronger in Europe, and especially, France. I think it is absent from America.
dosnt work keeps closing on my phone
ants97

in b4 it doesn't work.

Downloaded the Android version, ran it, & declined the kind offer to track my location by GPS.

Was dropped into "London" (the Docklands), I moved around for a couple of seconds & stopped at Liverpool Street station.

I looked at the single Thorntons deal.
I then moved East to find the nearest Tesco.
Viewed all the deals there.
I then click the [Stores] button to view all local supermarkets.
I didn't scroll or click any items.

Accidentally I then dropped back to my Android home screen.
I restarted the application & it is just showing me the "Loading..." message (& the "two flames" logo).

The [Stores] [Saved] [Submit] [Feedback] buttons are at the bottom of the screen.

I will leave it in this state (for some time, within reason) in case you would like me to do or report on anything else.

BFN,

fp.

PS. This is on *a* Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY, Android Version 4.0.2.A.0.32.
Edited by: "fanpages" 6th Apr 2012

lol looks like my suggestion from this thread was implented, admin does listen after all,

hotukdeals.com/fee…377

ants97

you know the more I think about this location thing the more I think it … you know the more I think about this location thing the more I think it wouldn't work, for example somebody posts that they found a ps3 for £100 instore at asda. now its a nationwide promotion but because they put the location down as croydon me up here in glasgow wouldn't spot the deal if I searched for glasgow deals, similarly if I searched for deals in govan would glasgow deals appear. while in theory its a good idea I can't see it working in practice on hukds. I suppose you could always rip off the app that matt from heroes made and get actual retaliers etc to sign up and offer deals etc that way, here's his app, http://getyowza.com/

fanpages

...I will leave it in this state (for some time, within reason) in case … ...I will leave it in this state (for some time, within reason) in case you would like me to do or report on anything else...PS. This is on an Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY, Android Version 4.0.2.A.0.32.

The application has finally decided to stop "Loading...".

I am now back at the list of stores around the location I stopped at (South Quay Plaza, London).
Dropped back to my home screen again (on purpose this time).

I clicked the application again to open it.

The "Loading...". has now been on-screen for 2 minutes.

It is not really that useful if it takes this long to start-up.

(I have not been prompted again to ask if I wish to use GPS to track my location).
Let me translate it to bada.
Still "Loading..."
Still "Loading..."

(I know I'm in London, & nobody talks to each other here, but after this length of time I may as well ask somebody if they know where the nearest supermarket is)

Sorry, Tipping Canoe, this Android application needs testing before the next release.

PS. Anybody had trouble with the iPhone variant?
Edited by: "fanpages" 6th Apr 2012
sammy12345

dosnt work keeps closing on my phone

and mine, using a htc evo3d
Original Poster Supermod
Cheers all for the feedback. I will obviously make sure it is reviewed!
Great idea thanks, I always use tesco free wi-fi when in store to check hukd on my phone and see what deals have been posted.
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! For anyone having issues with the app loading or crashing can you please post a message with your phone type as well as operating system version just as fanpages did at the end of his comment:

"PS. This is on an Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY, Android Version 4.0.2.A.0.32."

Another way to provide feedback is to use the feedback tab that is built into the app which will send us all of the phone related information we need with your comment automatically. Of course this isn't an option if the app wont open for you so then this thread would be the best place to post and comments.

Any other information about the error would also be of help such as, "I was scrolling when viewing the map and then the app closed".
Samsung Omnia 7 - App not available
How do u sign in on the app?
Not compatible with my phone 'Samsung GT-I5500'

fanpages

Downloaded the Android version, ran it, & declined the kind offer to … Downloaded the Android version, ran it, & declined the kind offer to track my location by GPS.Was dropped into "London" (the Docklands), I moved around for a couple of seconds & stopped at Liverpool Street station.I looked at the single Thorntons deal.I then moved East to find the nearest Tesco.Viewed all the deals there.I then click the [Stores] button to view all local supermarkets.I didn't scroll or click any items.Accidentally I then dropped back to my Android home screen.I restarted the application & it is just showing me the "Loading..." message (& the "two flames" logo).The [Stores] [Saved] [Submit] [Feedback] buttons are at the bottom of the screen.I will leave it in this state (for some time, within reason) in case you would like me to do or report on anything else.BFN,fp.PS. This is on *a* Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY, Android Version 4.0.2.A.0.32.

Upgrading to Version 1.01 (9 April 2012) has not resolved my issue.

[EDIT]: Clearing the existing data & then re-trying did! Thanks. [/EDIT]
Edited by: "fanpages" 10th Apr 2012
Basket Buddy sounds like some sort of gay euphemism. Is that intentional?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions