Posted 27 December 2023

Best budget 65’ TV?

Hi all,

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent 65’ TV? Budget between 500-700.

Cheers
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Do you have any specific requirements for the TV other than just size and price. Gaming?
    Does it need to be purchased from a certain place?

I presume your talking about LCD and not OLED, as you won't get one for less than about £800, for a small one.

TV technology has advanced a lot over the last few years. 4k, 8k, LED and tiny mini led backlights behind the LCD panels. QLED filters to improve colour accuracy and vibrancy, HDR, local dimming and full array local dimming.

Unless you can afford more. Your looking at Hisense or TCL. They have more features for the money. If you go for a premium brand like LG, Samsung or Sony, you'll need to spend a bit more or end up with a more budget feature set, like old style edge lit, or basic direct lit. Instead of full array.

Ideally you want a full array or mini led set, with QLED for the best picture, colour and brightness, for HDR.

If you can't afford that, consider going down to 55", but up a model to get a better specification as opposed to just a big screen.

Avoid brands like Hitachi, Toshiba, JVC, sharp, Panasonic and polaroid. Their all made under license by other manufacturers.

Consider

Hisense E7 or E7 pro or better one of the U series u6, U7, u8.

LG qned 866,

Philips Xtra or "the one", are their only mini led sets. The rest are edge or direct lit.

TCL C series are better than their P series. So c641/c645, c741/c745, c805, c845.

Samsung neo qled range. ALL the standard crystal and QLED range are mostly edge lit, with a few direct LED.

Sony x75 or x80 or higher model LCDs
    Author
    Thanks for the write up, that’s really helpful. I have an LG C2 as my main TV, so yeah this TV is just something for a ‘spare’ if you would. My girlfriend wants something for downstairs but it won’t be used all the time so a budget screen is a good option for now!

Thanks again.
    Loads of TCL and Hisense TVs have been posted in the deals section in recent days