Posted 6 days ago

Butter fingers or a screen issue

As far as I know, I have never been dyslexic.

However, for some time now I've been noticing an awful lot of misspellings when typing a lengthy paragraph on my phone (poco f3).

Maybe something with my fingertips, or the sensitivity of the phone's screen - because this doesn't happen when I use a computer.

Autocorrection is not an option.
Please advise if you had a similar experience
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'm the same - even in short texts - especially if I try swipe writing. But individual characters aren't great either.

I put it down to poor typing on touch screens for my part.
    Author
    Do you also speed type without looking at characters? 😔 Because I guess I have myself to blame rather than my poco..
    I do a lot of typing and I find that it is better with autocorrect as you can type faster if it recognises the words itself. It does mean you have to read the message before you send and I do find that I read what isn't there! That there are words missing or the wrong word, which my brain fills in! I then only notice these errors when I read it back at another time!
    Author
    What about words you use that the correction doesn't recognise? Or if I have to type in 3 different languages? Is it still possible?
    Yes ! I also experience this on my Poco F3 ! I wasn't sure if it was my fault or some issue with the phone. Thankyou for sharing, now I know I'm not alone 🙏
    Author
    I also managed to - by chance - observe today one instance of a word auto-completing itself. I was typing away and saying '.... chances...' in an email'. By the time I reached the chanc-, it automatically appeared as 'change'. I was like what the hell... And as mentioned autocorrection switched off. So defo NOT going crazy
    Hello again this morning there was something very wrong with my Poco F3 touchscreen 🤦 when trying to tap an individual letter it was detecting swipes, and I needed to touch the screen considerably below what I actually wanted to touch . . . I reset the device, and I cleaned the screen (still has the protector on it came with) with a piece of antibac wipe. Seems ok now. But it is concerning
    Author
    Im trying to force myself to change it to pixel 8. Also because it drives me mad how truly isolated from each other the apps are. Sooo many Times I was opting in for the phone to remember my passwords, yet it never does:/
    I have that issue if I ever use the Nextdoor app. Every day it results in typos, some due to me mistyping and others I genuinely don't know. Never does same issues on other apps (like on here, email, Signal, etc). Tried emailing them, they said it was due to my phone settings. But then I don't understand as if I type with my phone in a text to something, I can see it replace words that I've messed up. But on Nextdoor, the errors seem to be more than my stupid errors

I've sorted of given up on Nextdoor. Good excuse to give up!
    Could you try a keyboard with bigger, or adjustable size, keys, such as Big Thumbs?
    Try installing and using a different keyboard such as Gboard
    Author
    Have it already
's avatar