Posted 29 August 2023

by Amazon Cola, 2L

amazon.co.uk/dp/…OLE

Useful if you can't get to the shops and have Prime No reviews yet, though!

• Aspartame free
  • Contains approx. 8 servings
  • Best served cold with ice
  • Suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets
  • Carbonated cola flavour soft drink with sugar and sweeteners

Ingredients:
Carbonated Water, Sugar, BARLEY Malt Extract, Colour (Plain Caramel), Acid (Phosphoric Acid), Flavourings (contain Caffeine), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Sweeteners (Acesulfame K, Sucralose). For allergens: see ingredients in CAPITALS.4192890_1.jpg4192890_1.jpg4192890_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

59 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Shame that it has sweeteners in
    50884609-AYINf.jpg
    You beat me to posting Rola Cola

Can also be used for cleaning your toilet bowl (edited)
    "Aspartame free" but full of sugar. That's like advertising something as "GMO free" but filling it with lead.
    I would rather have sugar than aspartame
    Lidl 49p stuff is better if its close by.
    Lidls is the best one so far.

Virgin had a good one back in the day and M&S was also good a long time ago.
    5% sugar, so sadly that becomes the trend.
    Author
    It does say Apartame Free, though I'd agree Sweeteners (Acesulfame K, Sucralose) from the ingredients list isn't promising.

About the only fizzy drink I take (rarely) is Italian Taste Sanpellegrino (the one without Stevia).
    Should be called Amazon Customer Services Cola, leaves a bad taste in your mouth 😁
    Got sweeteners so no thanks
    I used to love RC cola, you could get it from asda a few years ago but not seen it for ages now
    Thanks OP. Amazon got their fingers in everything! Bought to see what it tastes like
    Amazonian exotic cola!!
    50884969-HssgH.jpgThe good ol' days...
    I'll raise you50887844-Xukgd.jpg
    Taste any good? Thnx
    Author
    I'm the completely wrong person to ask, I drink tea all day

Boyf's favourite fizzy pop is Diet Dandelion & Burdock...wonder if Amazon do that one?
    Author
    There's a Diet version for 2p more (72p), weirdly amazon.co.uk/by-…F8K
    50884186-izBF6.jpgA few more drinks here (halfway down the page - Amazon's filtering is a bit shonky - though some other by amazon grocery items come up, a few I might actually buy!) amazon.co.uk/s?k…ank
    50884186-54mNW.jpg (edited)
    thats why i let HUKDers find the grocery deals. Impossible to find food stuff on Amazon outside their 'Fresh' range.
    Also bought to see what it's like. Very rarely drink fizzy so one won't hurt. Thanks op
    Right so amazon is now doing their own branded fizzy drinks, they were doing their own orange/apple juices.

Only a matter of time till amazon becomes my go to supermarket. Worth a try at 70p.
    Interesting to see the transaction of cola in Spanish, explains the taste of some of them...
    Joja cola strikes again!
    Any better than the new Pepsi "regular" 
    Tried a can of the new pepsi regular last week, I was pleasantly surprised as its very reminsicent of Pepsi regular and no aftertaste either, also no aspartamine. I've drank pepsi/coca cola since I was a kid and can taste the difference between different versions so it's not an opinion from someone who rarely drinks the stuff. Understandably everyone's tastes are different.
    Make use of my Amazon prime for 1 bottle to be delivered. Just wait until I hear my wife (edited)
    Sugar and sweeteners, so like Coke medium then?
    Is this halal friendly?
    On cordial terms
    Author
    Sugar is the new demon the way full-fat milk, butter and cream were in the 1970s / 1980s, but are the artificial sweeteners added to everything to avoid sugar tax even worse for us?

About the only artificially-sweetened thing I consume regularly is Wrigley's Airwaves. There are warnings on many of these products saying not to overdo it as it would have laxative effects Can't say I'm an expert on artificial sugars, though.
    Author
    This article is from June, though it's The Sun: Best Pepsi and Coca-Cola dupes from the major supermarkets revealed - and they’re up to 80% cheaper | The Sun

Strangely, a cola taste test from The Guardian really hated Aldi (Vive) Cola - The Sun loved the Aldi version (of course, taste is subjective) - but this Guardian article is likely pre-sugar tax jiggery pokery Cola taste test: the best and worst alternatives to the ‘real thing’ | Soft drinks | The Guardian

Only a matter of time before the by amazon option makes it onto taste tests. Can't find any - yet! (edited)
    It tastes seriously good. Better than every supermarket cola i've tasted. I think its because they have caffeine and other natural flavourings.
    Well since i got one its gone up 7p...
    For anyone who hasn't picked this up yet, it's pretty terrible. It's almost tasteless and not very fizzy, nowhere close to the original.

I submitted a negative review and Amazon rejected it which would explain why the product has such high reviews.
's avatar