Posted 2 days ago

Camera Boffins - Would like your input

Hi all,

With the recent post about ring etc, I think some people may want to know similar answers to what im curious about. I had replaced my system with Eufy ages ago. Cameras are great, but doorbell is pants.. its the delay in the app.

So i was thinking about keeping my camera system for now, but looking elsewhere for a doorbell. Ive read bits and pieces about Reolink and other doorbells which supposed to be very good.

I suppose what im wondering is if I make the shift (or even is possible with my eufy ones) is there a way to record everything from every camera locally, on like a raspberry pi server etc. I know i have the homebase 2 with Eufy, but just thinking long term would rather try and have something networked

any idiots guides etc showing whats avilable?
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Not fully sure what you're asking but I use a Reolink doorbell camera and "iSpy Agent" DVR (free) software, it runs as a service and everything is done through a browser. Lets you connect lots of cameras for future proofing.
    Author
    Hi sorry about the delay, so you do this via something like a raspberry pi or leave your pc on all the time? to run the ispy

Can you set it to record as well?

Assuming it will support most cameras.