Posted 2 days ago

Camera for a beginner (property photography)

Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone could perhaps recommend a camera for property photography? Ideally I would like to shop around 2nd hand as it's not urgent.

Thank you in advance!
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    A friend of mine decided to take up photography a couple of years ago and joined the local camera club .. I think for something to do during the winter.

He bought a new Canon DSLR which came with a medium length zoom lens.

At the club he goes to, there are a few 'old folk' with DSLR cameras, but many of the younger people just use their phones. It's amazing the quality some of these phones can give nowadays, most phones having 2 or even 3 lenses.

And don't forget, a good photographer with cheap kit will probably always take better shots than a beginner, even with the best camera possible.
    try facebook gumtree ebay for some old kit
    If it's for property you'll need a lens that can do very wide angle, but also avoid mustache distortion. Though you can probably fix in software but more faffing.
    What is your intended use - just viewing and sharing online or producing large prints ?
    Any idea of budget ?
    Do you have any previous photographic experience and processing software
    Presumably you're using your phone at the moment. If so what doesn't it do that you want a camera to do
    With a bit more info you'll get some more targeted advice
's avatar