Posted 28 November 2020

Carplan Demon Ice for a frozen windscreen

I got up on Wednesday morning and my car windscreen and windows were frozen up - so I used a few jugs of cool water and a scraper to clear them. On Wednesday night, however, I thought that I would try Demon Ice by Carplan - it says to spray it over the car windscreen, etc, on the night that frost/ice is forecast and that in the morning no ice would have settled. So I did this (sprayed plenty on as well) but when I went out on Thursday morning, my car was frozen up exactly as it was on Wednesday, so I had to resort to jugs of water and a scraper again!

Has anybody got any suggestions as to something to use to stop the car windscreen, etc, freezing up overnight, that actually works? A few years ago, I tried out a heavy weight magnetic car windscreen cover, but come the morning, that had actually frozen fast to the windscreen, so I never tried it again. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I just use a blanket, held in place by closing the front doors on the excess blanket.
    RainX works for me, it doesn't stop the ice from forming but it makes it easier to scrape.
    That demon ice you speak of also acts as de icer if required on a morning
    Large cheap shower screen works well.
    No frost for me yet. Car plan de-icer and a foil screen.
    Put on screen and close in doors then put wiper on it.
    Change pollen filter every year helps stops some condensation inside.
    Plus 2 Dehumidifiers like these, to stop mould and smells
    In the last 2 weeks the dehumidifier has filled up about a quarter
    poundstretcher.co.uk/cat…er+ (edited)
    ncd28/11/2020 21:06

I just use a blanket, held in place by closing the front doors on the …I just use a blanket, held in place by closing the front doors on the excess blanket.

Used to do that until one time it rained and the water soaked the blanket including soaking through to the excess inside the car, so it left a nice puddle of water on the car floor inside on either side. (edited)
    NCIS28/11/2020 22:41

Used to do that until one time it rained and the water soaked the blanket …Used to do that until one time it rained and the water soaked the blanket including soaking through to the excess inside the car, so it left a nice puddle of water on the car floor inside on either side.

To be honest, I just look at weather for the night ahead.
    Get a thick food or freezer bag and fill it with hot water and tie it, move it from the top of the frozen windscreen to the bottom and it will quickly clear the frost/ice, no scraping needed, when the water has cooled just open the bag onto windscreen.
's avatar