Posted 20 hours ago

Cheapest courier

I normally sell items on ebay and use royal mail £2.99 (collect from my house & delivery to customer)
The price has gone up again by 20p so now its £3.19.
Does anyone know any cheaper companies?
Ive checked dpd , hermes and evri and they cost more!
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Did you try one parcel2go. Although to be fair If I'd been buying from you and you put your postage price up by 20p can't say I'd be fussed, I'd rather Royal mail then most of those others you listed but just my opinion (edited)
    By the time you've paid an alternative courier for comparable inclusive insurance and PoD,
    it's very plausible that RM is still the most cost-effective.

Could even likely justify spending an additional 20p on top of the additional 20p you mention to benefit from using RM Tracked48 for
    • up to chunky 2kg
    • £150 inclusive compensation
    • delivery notifications to buyer (assuming you hold / have permission to use a functional buyer e-address)
    • and the all-important eBay-seller-protection-qualifying proof of delivery (no signature required)
    all for total £3.39 .
    Surely worth it just to bypass all those chancer arrived-busted or INR claims if otherwise sending via cheaper service not having inclusive comp/PoD ?
    In theory you should get delivery confirmation on regular 2nd/1st class now with the 2D barcodes.

However a lot of posties do not scan them on delivery so the confirmation never comes through. I'd say only about half of mine get scanned. Most of my items are cheap though so I role the dice. (edited)
    Parcel2Go is pretty much cheapest. The store to door Yodel service starts at £2.75 but there is no compensation, and you'd have to drop it off.

At 2kg small parcel size, Royal Mail is still cheapest.

The only other thing is to look for occasional postage sales - eBay used to do them a fair bit but there haven't been any in a while.
    I'd just up your price by 20p if you've been happy with the RM service
's avatar