Posted 18 May 2024

Crocs Classics fakes or not?

My daughter has asked for a pair for our holiday in July.
The white ones she wants are £44.99 on the Crocs site and Amazon but I've seen sellers on eBay selling them for around the £15 mark.
Anyone bought them from eBay?
Are they just cheap Chinese fakes?
Tia 🙏
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Just set up an alert on here for crocs and they're under £30 direct from crocs pretty much every month.
    I got the bayaband ones for £29 a few weeks ago, you have plenty time yet (edited)
    Author
    Yeah, I've set an alert up but you know what kids are like 😁
    She wants them now, even though we are 2 months from going away.
    Idk about private sellers or if fakes even exist like a really good copy that you can't tell. But amazon directly even sell them cheap sometimes. Have a look at Croc deals on here and set a alert. The prices of £45 etc is just over inflated marketing strategy.
    I've bought genuine Crocs from Amazon before for £15
    I feel your pain. I've also got a daughter who only wants original white crocs. Pink Primark ones won't to.
    Author
    Yeah, we've had this problem for sometime now.
    My wife bought her some lovely trainers from Primark.
    My daughter, 10 at the time said "I'm not wearing them"

She's almost 15 now and is so much worse.
    Depends what seller name is? I’ve bought lots of pairs of crocs online for £12-18
    Author
    From eBay though?
    If they are a 3rd retail price logic would suggest 100% fake.
    Author
    It was my understanding that eBay didn't allow fake items for sale.
    I once tried to sell some Dr Marten boots on eBay and they were reported as fakes.
    I had to provide proof that they were genuine.
    I actually bought myself a pair on Amazon a year ago for £15.
    So logic really doesn't come into it.
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…ils
    I bought these at a discount of £12. They immediately struck me as fake. The paint is not as shiny as in the pictures and doesn't have a logo like the ones on the Crocs' website. I'm pretty sure they're fake. I'm returning them.
    If you mean they don't have the Crocs-brand Jibbitz, some purchasers on Amazon received some, some didn't (not sure why that would be) but that doesn't automatically mean they're fake. Did a recent Amazon Warehouse Deal post about them and this was mentioned.

( Discussed it in the OP, under the Size Guide screenshot - hotukdeals.com/dea…071 )
    The quality of Crocs has went downhill over the years, which muddies the waters somewhat. Absolutely you can bag a bargain (maybe some resellers are getting them from places like Amazon Warehouse and the like) but they're not the cushiony soft soles I remember from years ago.

They've got harder and less pliable than they used to be. Bought two different Crocs styles in the last year or two and they've been disappointing (from Amazon).

Chung Shi Dux clogs are much better (wearing a pair right now) - German brand, they sell a Skechers-type shoe range. Teenagers don't think in those terms, though, they just want the 'brand' to fit in with their peers. (edited)
's avatar