Posted 10 July 2023

Currys - 11 days days ago I've bought a laptop - now is discounted

Hi everyone.

Like in the title. On 30/06 I've bought a laptop from Currys and now is on sale. Can I return this one I buy again the cheaper one??

I have found somewhere that Currys accepts open items up to 14 days from purchase.

Any advice on that is welcome
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Changed your mind?If you purchased online, you can return your item within 30 days even if you have opened it for inspection. It must be returned as new and where possible, in its original packaging.

If you purchased in store, you can return your item within 30 days in its unopened and sealed packaging along with proof of purchase (excludes connected products with airtime, such as a mobile phone, sim contract or broadband connection*).

*Returns policies for connected products differ by network. You can change or cancel your contract with ID within 14 days of purchase. You are not able to change or cancel your contract with Vodafone.

source currys.co.uk/ser…tml
    If you bought in store you can't take it back opened unless it's faulty even if you bought it 10 minutes ago. If you bought it online you can return opened providing it still looks like it did when you had it delivered.

Source: I used to work there. (edited)
    I’d contact them and see if they’ll sort the difference out for you, seems a more efficient option rather than returning and buying again for both sides.

If they say no, just return and buy again for sure.
    My cousin bought a couple of tablets just before Christmas, couple weeks later they were about £60 cheaper, he went in-store showed his receipt etc and they refunded him with no issues
    Give it a try? If it says you can then do it
's avatar