Posted 27 January 2023

Does anyone know about Boots internal validation checks?

I keep trying to order from boots but keep getting 'your order was cancelled because it has failed one or more of our internal validation checks' after payment.

I've tried PayPal and cards but I get the same problem.

Customer support was useless and they can't say why I failed the internal validation check.

I've checked the address and profile information and it looks right, does anyone have an idea what the issue might be?
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Multiple threads about this earlier, you are not alone. No one has figured it out yet.
    This happened to me before Xmas and I was advised that it will lock you out of your account and you won’t be able to successfully complete a transaction online for 48 hours. They also said; every time you log back in during that 48 hours period and try and buy something will restart the 48 hour clock. I was advised to go into store and buy the goods and they would price match if I called CS back up after the purchase
    Stopped considering Boots as a supplier when it started posting this rubbish in its t&c
    ...We may also submit your address, date of birth and the value of your order to Experian Ltd.

This information may be retained by Experian Ltd for future validation enquiries by other companies.

and especially as Boots has adopted a new definition of "supplier":
    hotukdeals.com/com…064
    I have been a Boots customer since time immemorial. I did not have any problems ordering products online until September 2022. From that time onwards, Boots has considered me to be a persona non grata. Every time, my orders have been rejected with this message:"Sorry, we're unable to process your order

This is because your order xxxx has failed one or more of our internal validation checks.

You've not been charged for your order."

I contacted Boots customer services, and they had no explanation for this and advised me to re-order after a few days. This was a waste of time. I also contacted the executive office and all they could do was to confirm that I have failed the internal validation checks. Astoundingly, the executive office does not know why I failed them - and even if they knew they would not be able to tell me why as this is apparently top secret.

I have no problem buying products in their shops with my Advantage card, credit cards etc. So, all this does not make any sense to me.
    Author
    Thanks everyone for your feedback found the Facebook threads too. It's kinda impressive that they have been doing this for years even though every other retailer can let customers check out without problems.
    I have had exactly the same issue, they just keep telling me to wait 72hrs then try again, which I have done 4 times now, I've also tried ordering different products, to a different delivery address and even tried creating a new account but still get the same. I've come to the conclusion that it's because I'm trying to pay with my advantage card points so they think it's fraudulent.
    A year later I'm now getting this problem. Is it anything to do with having complained just prior to my latest attempt at ordering? I wonder if the useless and unhelpful CS staff can put a marker on people's accounts vindictively, or even if Boots system is doing it automatically (due to a glitch) if customers contact them. I find it incredible that a major company/ brand such as Boots hasn't moved heaven-and-earth to sort this issue out, and they can't say why it's happening either. So will I ever be able to order again...? (edited)
's avatar