Posted 18 hours ago

Does Marks Electrical charge more for delivery above a ground floor flat?

Edit: They do Indeed charge £30 for any delivery above ground floor which negates their free delivery.

Hi i haven`t used these guys before but i was going to order a washing machine from them but saw this at the checkout when delivery is supposed to be free.
" Please check your delivery requirements
This delivery must include no more than 4 steps or have a working lift available. If your delivery includes 5 or more steps and there's no available lift, then please call our sales line, 0116 2 515 515, to arrange your delivery. Alternatively, by proceeding with this order online, we can offer you delivery to an easy access ground floor area. Delivery upstairs/downstairs must then be arranged privately."
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Well, yes it was an oven weighted 60kg I was told by them on the day when they came informed me that I have to pay extra if I wanted them to take the heavy oven to the first floor…

But then I said NO CANNOTPAY lol then one of them said he would just take it to the first floor for free ✌🏻 (edited)
    Author
    haha well played
    Do you have a lift?
    Author
    nope unfortunately on 1st floor not many steps
    I was going to order an American fridge freezer last month from them until I seen they charge more to deliver in flats so went with another retailer who doesn’t charge more…end of the day if I’m buying an appliance and pay a delivery charge I expect it to be delivered to my door not having to pay more…I don’t understand the companies that do this…anything to fleece more money out the customer and they don’t even have a valid reason for this when other retailers will gladly deliver above ground floor without an extra charge!
's avatar