Posted 1 day ago

Ear plugs

I use ear plugs when I sleep and I have been using 3M ear plugs but they are disposable.

I was thinking of getting silicone ones that can be reused. Has anyone got experience of using silicone ear plugs over extended periods and can comment on their longevity and their effectiveness? They need to be comfortable to sleep with.

If you could recommend non disposable ear plugs that you have had good experience with, that would be very helpful. Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I sometimes use them, silicone ear plugs they are great I have them in lightly not fully I find that comfortable for me, they are easy to clean and use
    Author
    Have you got a link to one so I can see?
    might get these and give it a try as i work nights and any noise wakes me up during the day.
    Author
    i find that i can't sleep without them as they don't block all the noise out but they dampen them so I don't get woken up all the time as I am a light sleeper.
    I use Earsoft FX amazon.co.uk/10-…2Z8, but they are on the large size. While they are disposable, I keep them in a small plastic tub and they last a few days without issues.

I did think about going to a hearing centre and having some custom moulds made, places like Specsavers do it now. My mate said his were the dogs proverbials and was happy to have spent the £100 or so quid to get them made. I never got round to it, the Earsoft worked well for me.
's avatar