Posted 15 January 2024

EU plug on X box series X. Problems? Or not?

Looking to buy X box series X from TGC ( offer posted on here - thank you ). It comes with an EU plug. Is it hard wired or a plug in power lead? If hard wired, can I cut off the EU plug and replace with a UK plug? Are there any voltage issues?
Sorry for what sense like silly questions, but never bought anything with an EU plug before and if I make a mistake.... ..
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Here you go amazon.co.uk/Plu…c=1

Alternatively any C7 ( figure 8 ) lead will do. (edited)
    Not quite - it's best practice to use the correctly rated fuse for the appliance. The cable that ships with the UK model has a 5A fuse rating.
    Note that in the UK the fuse in the plug is there to protect the cable, not the device. (edited)
    It's just a standard plug in one.
    Using an adaptor would make more sense, in terms of warranty. There are no voltage issues.
    Author
    Brilliant thanks. Just a mini kettle lad I assume, like the one S?
    Author
    Lead not lad.🫣
    The rating should be stamped or printed on the cable - provided it is rated correctly for use in the UK it should be a simple matter of either cutting the end off and fitting a plug (the "official" UK one is rated @ 5A) or using a travel adaptor.
    Note that in the UK the fuse in the plug is there to protect the cable, not the device.
    Author
    Thanks all. Got several of those leads stored away ( typical bloke, never throw anything that 'may come in handy' ). Will check another before I use. Place the order now then.
's avatar