Posted 21 hours ago

Eufy doorbells suddenly losing connection. Anyone else?

Has anyone else found that lately their eufy doorbells lose connection to the base station? I have used one for 3 years with the base station located in the same place, now it's losing connection.

I also had a spare one brand new in the box which has also got the same issues, I have moved the base station to the nearest window so it has line of sight between them and still get the issues. The only time it seems to be connected is if the front door it's attached to is open :/
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Seems your issue may be unique.
    Maybe time to test helpfulness of Eufy support?
    support.eufy.com/s/c…-us
    Maybe they will start to to introduce a fee
    Author
    Not with the poor service and amount of users.
    Just get a Reolink PoE.
    Not sure if this helps but I have some eufy cameras and the one at the rear of the house was losing connection occasionally. It took me a while but eventually realised that the mesh node that was serving that camera would periodically change from a 2.4 AND 5 GHz broadcast to just 5 GHz. The cameras only operate over 2.4 GHz so that was causing the issue. Restarted the whole mesh system and that fixed the issue but it's happened a few times now
    I would also download a mobile app called wifi analyzer, (there are other similiar ones) which will show you who is using up the wifi channels near you on the channel graph. Sometimes someone upgrades their router, and it hops onto a channel you have been using for years and causing interference affecting you. Worth a look.

Ideally you want your channel on 2.4ghz to be clear of any of your neighbours, so if a channel is saturated you might want to change the channel your router is on (edited)
's avatar