Posted 14 November 2019

Has anyone ever used garmin.uk.factoryoutletstore.com?

I am looking for a Garmin Fenix 5 and I saw an ad from them. The domain of factoryoutletstore seems to be based in US. So contacted them over the chat feature and mentioned that they are based in Sutton but there is no reference on the website or online to support that.

They get really good reviews on trustpilot but the reviews are also based in the us.

Has anyone used them before?
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Not used them and not comfortable after a 60secs wander around the website.
    FactoryOutletStore II LLC... "These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York..." and quotes a US-based contact tel number that is the same as the website for the domain without the questionable garmin uk prefix, where questionable appears to apply to the entire concept. No refs to UK legislation. Would be brave to continue without significant further due diligence.
    39859633-AzFAw.jpg
    I found this discussion after looking up the website on google, when g.uk.factoryoutletstore.com came up as the cheapest place for the model I was after.

Their website now shows a business address in Southampton as well as some reference to Sutton. I'm suspicious of this site too. I've just been on the live chat to see if I could get any sense that they were actually a genuine Garmin authorised dealer (as they claim at the top of the site). There was no engagement at all with that question, despite several attempts (i.e. Is there a Garmin list that shows them as an authorised dealer?) - all they could do was tell me that they're an online retailer and ask me for a product number repeatedly, when I eventually gave them one to keep the discussion going they would only link me to the page and tell me I could buy it there.

The site could be genuine but I'm not taking the risk to save a few quid. And even if it it, my live text chat did not inspire confidence that if anything happened within the warranty period it would be straightforward dealing with them! (edited)
    Looking at the website t&c’s, it shows:
    All DVDs, Blu-Ray Discs and similar products sold are for private, home use
    They don’t even sell these items! An obvious cut’n’paste schoolboy error.
    AVOID (edited)
    If it helps, I ordered a Garmin Forerunner 235 from them on 25 Jan, got confirmation it was on its way on 27th and received it on 30th. All packaging looked new as did the watch. I only saw the Trust Pilot reviews before purchase. If I'd seen the negative ones, I may not have taken the chance. But I'm happy.
    deleted244110907/02/2020 18:15

If it helps, I ordered a Garmin Forerunner 235 from them on 25 Jan, got …If it helps, I ordered a Garmin Forerunner 235 from them on 25 Jan, got confirmation it was on its way on 27th and received it on 30th. All packaging looked new as did the watch. I only saw the Trust Pilot reviews before purchase. If I'd seen the negative ones, I may not have taken the chance. But I'm happy.

Well that’s good news that you received it and are happy.
    Would you mind uploading a photo of it please with your username on a piece of paper, so that we can see your comment is genuine.
    Thank You (edited)
    It's listed on the Garmin website, took all of 30seconds to search in Google.

>>LOOK<<

They are not affiliated with Garmin and the full list of affiliations is available in that link. (edited)
    EchoCR07/05/2020 22:53

It's listed on the Garmin website, took all of 30seconds to search in …It's listed on the Garmin website, took all of 30seconds to search in Google.>>LOOK<<They are not affiliated with Garmin and the full list of affiliations is available in that link.

Looks like it took about 3 months not 30 seconds.
    Doesn't seem to get good reviews sitejabber.com/rev…com I think if they are in the USA and you but a refurb that goes wrong they have you by the short and curlys.
    deleted244110907/02/2020 21:17

[Image]

Thank you for uploading the photo, the trouble is, with this type of question you can get so many new members signing up, leaving good reviews, never to be heard of again. Which unfortunately doesn’t weed out the genuine replies and those that are posted by the employees of subject rogue websites.
    Now you’ve found our community, have a good look round, post some deals or try and answer a few more questions, or just join in the banter in discussions. (edited)
    AndyRoyd07/05/2020 22:59

Looks like it took about 3 months not 30 seconds.

but still 3 months quicker than you
    I bought my fenix 5 Mx from here and has no issues. Shipped from within the uk and arrived in 3 days. You can pay with PayPal and the shipment communication was really good via UPS.
's avatar