Posted 11 June 2018

Help 2 Buy Window Scheme.. Is this genuine or fraud?

I've seen an ad on Instagram on how working family and retired could be eligible for free double glazing if current ones are over 5 years old. The company is called Help 2 Buy Windows. Has anyone dealt with them?

2954757-sSpAv.jpg
help2buyscheme.co.uk/fun…BwE

I don't want to be filling any forms if they're dodgy.

Community Updates
[Guide] Help To Buy Windows Grant Scheme

A new grant advertising to help you buy new windows has been doing the rounds on social media advertisements. With the prospect of subsidised or even free windows being quite enticing, it’s no surprise that these advertisements have caught many people’s attention. But is it a legitimate scheme? This short guide helps to clarify.

Grants for Windows and Doors from the Government – Is This A Government Scheme?

On the Help 2 Buy Windows website, the scheme is upfront about the fact that it is not a government scheme. It states that it is an “initiative [...] funded entirely by private donations from the company, its staff, contracts and partnering organizations.”

H2B windows – Is it a scam?

On the FAQ section of their website, the Help 2 Buy Windows Scheme states it only offers grant to the “most needy persons” on a first come, first served basis. As of December 2019, they only support homeowners living in certain situations (Single parent homeowners with disabled or critically ill children) or those earning below £10,000 per year (if they are a full-time carer, employed or self-employed). This is highly specific set of circumstances that the vast majority of people are unlikely to qualify for any free funding, particularly when you consider the difficulty of owning a home on such a low income.

If you don’t qualify for a grant under these circumstances, Help To Buy Windows claim to offer alternative sources of funding or financing via a partner company. Help To Buy Windows does themselves not offer this financing.

While the above doesn’t by any means meet the criteria of being a scam, the very particular criteria for being offered a grant and the offer of alternative financing is at least deserving of some suspicion. It is extremely unlikely that the average homeowner will qualify for any free doors and windows

Help To Buy Windows reviews

On trustpilot, Help To Buy Windows has a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5, meaning that trustpilot deems it as being trustworthy. Help To Buy Windows also posts its own testimonials on its YouTube channel of people who have made use of the company in the past, so it does seem at least some people are genuinely being given grants to get their windows and doors upgraded.
New Comment

55 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    So...let me get this straight - the only two people with any experience of this 'deal' joined in the last two days simply to post on a resurrected thread?
    Mods should expire as spam.
    deleted206382904/10/2018 20:56

We applied back in August for the grant scheme, one of the directors came …We applied back in August for the grant scheme, one of the directors came out to visit us along with a surveyor and measured up our windows and doors. He explained that because of our circumstances we qualified for a full grant. We had our windows and and a new composite front door installed in September. We couldn’t be happier with our experience, I can’t speak for the other services they provide as obviously we received the grant. The way the website reads is that when you apply they sort out which option you would qualify for either grants, funding or incentives and then give you the options to choose from. At no point are they claiming to be a government organisation they are really upfront and honest about that! They simply find the best alternative and funding option that best suits your situation, so many people look to be judging them I couldn’t disagree more as without them we would be going in to another winter and having to tell our son he needs to wear his coat in the house because we can’t afford the winter heating bills.

So you got them replaced for free?
    deleted12678305/10/2018 05:14

So you got them replaced for free?

funny smell of burning hot spam here

We applied back in August for the grant scheme, one of the directors came …We applied back in August for the grant scheme, one of the directors came out to visit us along with a surveyor and measured up our windows and doors. He explained that because of our circumstances we qualified for a full grant. We had our windows and and a new composite front door installed in September. We couldn’t be happier with our experience, I can’t speak for the other services they provide as obviously we received the grant. The way the website reads is that when you apply they sort out which option you would qualify for either grants, funding or incentives and then give you the options to choose from. At no point are they claiming to be a government organisation they are really upfront and honest about that! They simply find the best alternative and funding option that best suits your situation, so many people look to be judging them I couldn’t disagree more as without them we would be going in to another winter and having to tell our son he needs to wear his coat in the house because we can’t afford the winter heating bills.

Its a con..... seem to provide 'grants' for (probably) over-priced windows/doors. I wouldn't. There is an HM Government energy efficiency scheme but that is through energy suppliers (ECO obligations).
    Misrepresenting a Govt subsidy scheme. More like Fraud than a con.
    I will help you buy a window or anything, what do you want lets make it simple, a cuppa from a high street coffee shop I will charge you a fiver but you only have to pay £2.40 deal? There are many companies doing this sort of thing but dont say they are helping to buy, just try and get a kitchen, driveway, window quote.

We once had a quote 20 years ago for a kitchen in our small flat only about 5 units, first price came in at 20K, but of course they could help us buy and knock of x, then y then..... Once had to physically pick up a salesman from our house who just wouldnt leave when he came to give us a quote for new paving. There are many companies out there who are genuine but many who are simply taking the....
    I'll drop a few points here to give you a few points to think about.

Check out the reviews for one of the directors dissolved companies.
    en-gb.facebook.com/Rhi…ar/
    They seem to have replaced that with a new company, Solar Panel Funding Ltd. Get yourself some solar panels while you're at it.

Also their Facebook profile for Help 2 Buy Windows has a post from 2016 facebook.com/Hel…ws/, but according to suite.endole.co.uk/ins…ltd it was incorporated on 20/06/2018. Even has a positive review posted before incorporation.

EDIT:

facebook page for RhinoSolar has been taken down, and so too has the google business listing. Just for the record they weren't good reviews. (edited)
    We applied back in August for the grant scheme, one of the directors came out to visit us along with a surveyor and measured up our windows and doors. He explained that because of our circumstances we qualified for a full grant. We had our windows and and a new composite front door installed in September. We couldn’t be happier with our experience, I can’t speak for the other services they provide as obviously we received the grant. The way the website reads is that when you apply they sort out which option you would qualify for either grants, funding or incentives and then give you the options to choose from. At no point are they claiming to be a government organisation they are really upfront and honest about that! They simply find the best alternative and funding option that best suits your situation, so many people look to be judging them I couldn’t disagree more as without them we would be going in to another winter and having to tell our son he needs to wear his coat in the house because we can’t afford the winter heating bills.
    I completed an enquiry form online as we are looking to replace our windows anyway, and thought it was worth a try. Just had them on the phone and someone is coming on Monday to measure up. I was told that you are left with a quote, and what options are available to you. I am naturally a very sceptical person when it comes to this sort of thing, and said that I do not want a double glazing salesman in my home for hours trying to sell me windows - I was assured this is not the case. I asked if they were a Government scheme (although I have seen clearly on their ads that they are not), and was told that they are not. He said, from what I told him (basic details) that we qualify, but didn't quantify what that qualification is, so I will grill the person due to visit on Monday. Having researched new Windows extensively, and having a good knowledge of how much they cost, I'm well prepped, so we will see. Of what they offer is significantly cheaper than what I've costed replacement to be, we will probably go for it. He did say all quotations and our qualification is valid for a year too. So, I will post back on Monday - my husband was in sales for years and is probably even more sceptical than me, so we certainly won't enter into anything unless it really is a good deal!
    I was just looking at one of these ads on Facebook & it does repeatedly state "is not a government scheme"
    Author
    deleted129385404/10/2018 07:38

I was just looking at one of these ads on Facebook & it does repeatedly …I was just looking at one of these ads on Facebook & it does repeatedly state "is not a government scheme"

I find it to be a bit shady then
    Van197305/10/2018 15:00

So what is the criteria in order to get new windows and doors?Who is …So what is the criteria in order to get new windows and doors?Who is "they" of "they wanted to help reduce peoples energy bills......."?

It was a combination of things my income and the fact i am a single parent supporting a child with a disability.

The grant was provided by Help 2 Buy Windows, i seem to remember him mentioning that there was copy cats trying to piggy back off the name.

Says the boss of H2B! The only activity on this account is three comments on this post! Pfft....
    danielwarelow07/02/2019 19:41

Says the boss of H2B! The only activity on this account is three comments …Says the boss of H2B! The only activity on this account is three comments on this post! Pfft....

Thank you for the the compliment Daniel, unfortunately i am not in such a wonderful position to help people as this company.

Don't take my word for it here are some videos from their youtube channel

deleted206382905/10/2018 15:28

It was a combination of things my income and the fact i am a single parent …It was a combination of things my income and the fact i am a single parent supporting a child with a disability.The grant was provided by Help 2 Buy Windows, i seem to remember him mentioning that there was copy cats trying to piggy back off the name.

"We applied" "our child" thought you was a single parent! sorry if you are genuine but your posts does seem to be more of an advertisement than a review!
    The Help 2 Buy windows scheme is an absolute con!
    I filled in the online form and was called by a lady the next day. We went through the questions and she said we qualify for a full grant. I asked what that meant and she informed me there would be a discount of £200 per window and that all the fitting and labour was free!
    Well today, Weds 25th September, a guy came to the house to go over the scheme. He was in fact a salesman for a window company. When he asked what sort of money we were budgeting for I told him about the scheme and what the lady said on the phone. He was furious to hear this. He told us that there are no grants, just a discount of 20% for recycling. He asked to be excused while he went outside to make a phone call and we could hear him outside swearing down the phone at someone. To be fair it was not the salesman's fault, it was the lies we had been told by the Help 2 Buy people.
    After this experience I would advise everyone to avoid it like the plague. It's just a middle man team who get paid by window companies for leads.
    Sounds like a lead generation scheme .. sales-MAN comes round and tries to pressure sell overpriced accoutrements with the "I am sitting here till you sign".
    Trying to piggyback on the help 2 buy advertising. God knows what they actually say indoors, unrecorded.
    I actually fit the “free” criteria but surprise surprise I have been on the waiting list for 6 months and all I get is repeated phone calls and emails trying to get me to buy reduced price windows definitely a scam
    Author
    deleted245776518/03/2020 02:21

I actually fit the “free” criteria but surprise surprise I have been on the …I actually fit the “free” criteria but surprise surprise I have been on the waiting list for 6 months and all I get is repeated phone calls and emails trying to get me to buy reduced price windows definitely a scam

I went for free boiler fitting. The guys said because I'm moving from system to combi and not getting underfloor insulation fitted I have to pay them £800.

If I was getting underfloor insulation and it was a straight swap it would be free.

My friend who has combi boiler he wants straight swap on and agreed to the underfloor insulation has been quoted £800 also. These guys are scammers. They charge the governments on energy suppliers and pocket money from customers also.
    100% a scam! They messed up and didn’t tell the sales guy they were at my house 2 years ago. The price was inflated this time by 40%, but guess what, I qualified for a 40% discount! No money is paid for you, they just reduce it, but they have put it up first. Don’t be fooled.
    Author
    Splodger10111/06/2018 20:41

Its a con..... seem to provide 'grants' for (probably) over-priced …Its a con..... seem to provide 'grants' for (probably) over-priced windows/doors. I wouldn't. There is an HM Government energy efficiency scheme but that is through energy suppliers (ECO obligations).

So one can get the cheapest quote and then apply for government scheme? I remember alot of people were getting free boilers fitted. And I was offered it but was sceptical. Now other have new boiler and I don't.
    deleted24841511/06/2018 22:14

So one can get the cheapest quote and then apply for government scheme? I …So one can get the cheapest quote and then apply for government scheme? I remember alot of people were getting free boilers fitted. And I was offered it but was sceptical. Now other have new boiler and I don't.

Sounds like manipulative marketing. If you can find a h2b window scheme on Gov website it will tell you the procedures, but if it ain't there... gov.uk/ene…tor
    I've seen some questionable marketing suggesting some companies are providing a product via a government-sounding scheme (that doesn't exist), but there's occasionally a disclaimer at the bottom of the flyers / websites stating something like "not associated with any Government scheme" - but that is just from some of the more ethical fraudsters.

So one can get the cheapest quote and then apply for government scheme? I …So one can get the cheapest quote and then apply for government scheme? I remember alot of people were getting free boilers fitted. And I was offered it but was sceptical. Now other have new boiler and I don't.

There isn't a government scheme for glazing (and rightly so)
    deleted206382905/10/2018 11:23

Comment deleted

So what is the criteria in order to get new windows and doors?

Who is "they" of "they wanted to help reduce peoples energy bills......."?
    deleted206441905/10/2018 17:40

I completed an enquiry form online as we are looking to replace our …I completed an enquiry form online as we are looking to replace our windows anyway, and thought it was worth a try. Just had them on the phone and someone is coming on Monday to measure up. I was told that you are left with a quote, and what options are available to you. I am naturally a very sceptical person when it comes to this sort of thing, and said that I do not want a double glazing salesman in my home for hours trying to sell me windows - I was assured this is not the case. I asked if they were a Government scheme (although I have seen clearly on their ads that they are not), and was told that they are not. He said, from what I told him (basic details) that we qualify, but didn't quantify what that qualification is, so I will grill the person due to visit on Monday. Having researched new Windows extensively, and having a good knowledge of how much they cost, I'm well prepped, so we will see. Of what they offer is significantly cheaper than what I've costed replacement to be, we will probably go for it. He did say all quotations and our qualification is valid for a year too. So, I will post back on Monday - my husband was in sales for years and is probably even more sceptical than me, so we certainly won't enter into anything unless it really is a good deal!

So what happened then Nikki ? (edited)
    I’ve also seen this ad and was sceptical. Only scheme I’ve found that our local council run is you get your windows done but the cos or loan goes on as a land registry loan, usually ultra low APR ( waiting to find out ) and it gets paid off when your house is sold or when you pay your mortgage off. It’s not an unsecured or secured loan on the property but on the land itself
    .I had a similar loan placed on my land registry years ago which were solicitors fees from my divorce settlement in 2005

Curious how you got on Nikki and what your local council your under as I’m also a line parent with a special needs child.
    I really need new windows so i rang this company up to find out more, as soon as they said we can come out tonight but make sure your husband is there i said who is the company that will be fitting the windows and the said SAFESTYLE ! Safestyle send out bullying salesman that bully you in to buying windows there and then. No way will i have a safestyle saleman in my house ever again, as the last time i felt really threatened and had to tell him to leave my house.
    I entered my details in to this, and was rang by a gentleman. he asked the standard questions, how many windows/external doors ect. It sounded great, he then said i have to pass you through to safe style windows to confirm the appointment. When i got through to them, he said just to confirm we are not part of any government scheme, we just give you a free quote, confirmed my time for appointment and that was it.

I really dont understand it to be honest. It seems just a clever marketing scheme to refer people. maybe ill be proved wrong.
    I agree about Safe style once a reputable company but have just been bought out the person from help to buy told me.
    I requested a quote,the salesman who was from Bradford, quoted me 900 then brought it down to 580. So that is bad for me as he maybe used to haggling but not for me.
    Same me with the door quoted 3,300 would you believe. I mean really! Brought it down to 1,700 still too much but said that included a window as well. When I rang up to cancel was told only a door had been quoted really again!
    Next minute I get a call from Help to Buy who I had contacted previously. What a surprise! Self Style uses them !!! So I rang up to cancel. Dont use them they are con artists and have been fined because of aggressive sale tactics.
    They keep ringing you up, supposedly to ask if your satisfied but really to sell you some more.
    Pity as they are nice windows.
    37189989-qDoxt.jpg37189989-3xOzo.jpgNo one is getting these free

Same as a car dealer scrappage scheme, maybe a discount on an already high price Bit no grant or help to buy them

Those posting above claiming there had them are spamming
    mrwhitelabel05/03/2019 06:58

[Image] [Image] No one is getting these freeSame as a car dealer scrappage …[Image] [Image] No one is getting these freeSame as a car dealer scrappage scheme, maybe a discount on an already high price Bit no grant or help to buy themThose posting above claiming there had them are spamming

Clearly nobody gets it for free
    deleted206382905/03/2019 10:13

Clearly nobody gets it for free [Video]

which is what the OP was asking and is what the initial misleading advert suggests....
    Safestyle *ucked my house ! Now they can go and *uck themselves... useless bunch of
    @$$ clowns !
    Stay away people!!
    deleted206382914/02/2019 13:50

Thank you for the the compliment Daniel, unfortunately i am not in such a …Thank you for the the compliment Daniel, unfortunately i am not in such a wonderful position to help people as this company.Don't take my word for it here are some videos from their youtube channel [Video] [Video]

Compliment? What compliment????
    deleted7595305/10/2018 10:47

funny smell of burning hot spam here

You are too polite. Hard sell type scam. Pressure selling kicks in as soon as they get an invite. (edited)

If you're still looking for boiler grant schemes, Npower have one for their customers on benefits, they should be doing it now, also insulating loft scheme is going on too through eon, grant funding started a few weeks ago, doesn't matter what energy provider you're with, number is 0800 054 6250

I've come across this company "helptobuyscheme", it was a nice guy who came to my home, done a survey, said I could only take one of their options to lower the cost, "helptobuyscheme" or other one - something like 10% off, sat for 45 mins, telling me about their company and material used and showed me a preview window.

It was the lowest quote I got @£3000 but still found it to be somewhat unusual as ofcourse if one person in the household is on a certain benefits they should able to offer better discounts through grants as they do with loft insulation.
    I was quoted for '2 conservatory pvc doors, 2front room windows and 1bathroom window'. This scheme looks like they're created it just to get in more customers, it's not a government scheme and the prices still seem high after discounts

Can't find much online on Windows, have called around though and most companies have said if you don't have double glazing or have poorly installed Windows and your on pension credit or universal credit, income support (those type of benefits) then they can get a grant directly from gov/DWP but you have to call around, there's also a list on gov.uk website under making home energy efficient, put post code in, a list of installers come up.

I hope this helps someone.
    deleted221063611/04/2019 21:17

Comment deleted

Blatent spam. Joined just to post this. Mods should delete this rubbish.
    Author
    Pauladin9111 h, 15 m ago

Blatent spam. Joined just to post this. Mods should delete this rubbish.

The post is here to make people aware of these things. At least now you know

"The director came out to quote"! Sounds like a stratup...the sad thing is that most would jump right in and order without checking. There is a reason why grant schemes are regulated. By stating this is not part of one gives them licence to make any scheme up, inflate the price then lower it based on what plan they have created and slap some finance on it.

Cannot afford winter bills but can get new windows, to get that you would presumably be on a very low or no income then source funding for it. Is there a billionaire knocking about paying for this, the funding has to come from somewhere.
's avatar