Help 2 Buy Window Scheme.. Is this genuine or fraud?

Found 11th Jun
I've seen an ad on Instagram on how working family and retired could be eligible for free double glazing if current ones are over 5 years old. The company is called Help 2 Buy Windows. Has anyone dealt with them?

2954757-sSpAv.jpg
help2buyscheme.co.uk/fun…BwE

I don't want to be filling any forms if they're dodgy.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Its a con..... seem to provide 'grants' for (probably) over-priced windows/doors. I wouldn't. There is an HM Government energy efficiency scheme but that is through energy suppliers (ECO obligations).
Misrepresenting a Govt subsidy scheme. More like Fraud than a con.
Splodger1011 h, 33 m ago

Its a con..... seem to provide 'grants' for (probably) over-priced …Its a con..... seem to provide 'grants' for (probably) over-priced windows/doors. I wouldn't. There is an HM Government energy efficiency scheme but that is through energy suppliers (ECO obligations).

So one can get the cheapest quote and then apply for government scheme? I remember alot of people were getting free boilers fitted. And I was offered it but was sceptical. Now other have new boiler and I don't.
montana782 h, 45 m ago

So one can get the cheapest quote and then apply for government scheme? I …So one can get the cheapest quote and then apply for government scheme? I remember alot of people were getting free boilers fitted. And I was offered it but was sceptical. Now other have new boiler and I don't.

Sounds like manipulative marketing. If you can find a h2b window scheme on Gov website it will tell you the procedures, but if it ain't there... gov.uk/ene…tor
I've seen some questionable marketing suggesting some companies are providing a product via a government-sounding scheme (that doesn't exist), but there's occasionally a disclaimer at the bottom of the flyers / websites stating something like "not associated with any Government scheme" - but that is just from some of the more ethical fraudsters.
montana787 h, 58 m ago

So one can get the cheapest quote and then apply for government scheme? I …So one can get the cheapest quote and then apply for government scheme? I remember alot of people were getting free boilers fitted. And I was offered it but was sceptical. Now other have new boiler and I don't.

There isn't a government scheme for glazing (and rightly so)
I was just looking at one of these ads on Facebook & it does repeatedly state "is not a government scheme"
littlesarahlady7 h, 45 m ago

I was just looking at one of these ads on Facebook & it does repeatedly …I was just looking at one of these ads on Facebook & it does repeatedly state "is not a government scheme"

I find it to be a bit shady then
We applied back in August for the grant scheme, one of the directors came out to visit us along with a surveyor and measured up our windows and doors. He explained that because of our circumstances we qualified for a full grant. We had our windows and and a new composite front door installed in September. We couldn’t be happier with our experience, I can’t speak for the other services they provide as obviously we received the grant. The way the website reads is that when you apply they sort out which option you would qualify for either grants, funding or incentives and then give you the options to choose from. At no point are they claiming to be a government organisation they are really upfront and honest about that! They simply find the best alternative and funding option that best suits your situation, so many people look to be judging them I couldn’t disagree more as without them we would be going in to another winter and having to tell our son he needs to wear his coat in the house because we can’t afford the winter heating bills.
Simon_day8 h, 17 m ago

We applied back in August for the grant scheme, one of the directors came …We applied back in August for the grant scheme, one of the directors came out to visit us along with a surveyor and measured up our windows and doors. He explained that because of our circumstances we qualified for a full grant. We had our windows and and a new composite front door installed in September. We couldn’t be happier with our experience, I can’t speak for the other services they provide as obviously we received the grant. The way the website reads is that when you apply they sort out which option you would qualify for either grants, funding or incentives and then give you the options to choose from. At no point are they claiming to be a government organisation they are really upfront and honest about that! They simply find the best alternative and funding option that best suits your situation, so many people look to be judging them I couldn’t disagree more as without them we would be going in to another winter and having to tell our son he needs to wear his coat in the house because we can’t afford the winter heating bills.

So you got them replaced for free?
I will help you buy a window or anything, what do you want lets make it simple, a cuppa from a high street coffee shop I will charge you a fiver but you only have to pay £2.40 deal? There are many companies doing this sort of thing but dont say they are helping to buy, just try and get a kitchen, driveway, window quote.

We once had a quote 20 years ago for a kitchen in our small flat only about 5 units, first price came in at 20K, but of course they could help us buy and knock of x, then y then..... Once had to physically pick up a salesman from our house who just wouldnt leave when he came to give us a quote for new paving. There are many companies out there who are genuine but many who are simply taking the....
chocci5 h, 32 m ago

funny smell of burning hot spam here
Simon_day13 h, 50 m ago

We applied back in August for the grant scheme, one of the directors came …We applied back in August for the grant scheme, one of the directors came out to visit us along with a surveyor and measured up our windows and doors. He explained that because of our circumstances we qualified for a full grant. We had our windows and and a new composite front door installed in September. We couldn’t be happier with our experience, I can’t speak for the other services they provide as obviously we received the grant. The way the website reads is that when you apply they sort out which option you would qualify for either grants, funding or incentives and then give you the options to choose from. At no point are they claiming to be a government organisation they are really upfront and honest about that! They simply find the best alternative and funding option that best suits your situation, so many people look to be judging them I couldn’t disagree more as without them we would be going in to another winter and having to tell our son he needs to wear his coat in the house because we can’t afford the winter heating bills.

chocci6 h, 9 m ago

Yes, we qualified for the full grant so had them all replaced free of charge. The only way i will have to pay for them is if i sell the house in the next 3 years. I had to sign a contract to say we would have to pay for them if i sold in that time frame after that i can do what i want. The guy that i met said they wanted to help reduce peoples energy bills and provide better living conditions, they were not meant for people to make a quick profit. I thought it was fair, i live close to an RAF base and the noise from the jets through my old wooden windows was horrendous. Now they have been replaced we barely hear anything! We haven't had them installed long enough to see any difference in energy bills, although it does seem warmer and less draughty in the house. Fingers crossed.
Simon_day3 h, 36 m ago

Yes, we qualified for the full grant so had them all replaced free of …Yes, we qualified for the full grant so had them all replaced free of charge. The only way i will have to pay for them is if i sell the house in the next 3 years. I had to sign a contract to say we would have to pay for them if i sold in that time frame after that i can do what i want. The guy that i met said they wanted to help reduce peoples energy bills and provide better living conditions, they were not meant for people to make a quick profit. I thought it was fair, i live close to an RAF base and the noise from the jets through my old wooden windows was horrendous. Now they have been replaced we barely hear anything! We haven't had them installed long enough to see any difference in energy bills, although it does seem warmer and less draughty in the house. Fingers crossed.

So what is the criteria in order to get new windows and doors?

Who is "they" of "they wanted to help reduce peoples energy bills......."?
Van197328 m ago

So what is the criteria in order to get new windows and doors?Who is …So what is the criteria in order to get new windows and doors?Who is "they" of "they wanted to help reduce peoples energy bills......."?

It was a combination of things my income and the fact i am a single parent supporting a child with a disability.

The grant was provided by Help 2 Buy Windows, i seem to remember him mentioning that there was copy cats trying to piggy back off the name.
I completed an enquiry form online as we are looking to replace our windows anyway, and thought it was worth a try. Just had them on the phone and someone is coming on Monday to measure up. I was told that you are left with a quote, and what options are available to you. I am naturally a very sceptical person when it comes to this sort of thing, and said that I do not want a double glazing salesman in my home for hours trying to sell me windows - I was assured this is not the case. I asked if they were a Government scheme (although I have seen clearly on their ads that they are not), and was told that they are not. He said, from what I told him (basic details) that we qualify, but didn't quantify what that qualification is, so I will grill the person due to visit on Monday. Having researched new Windows extensively, and having a good knowledge of how much they cost, I'm well prepped, so we will see. Of what they offer is significantly cheaper than what I've costed replacement to be, we will probably go for it. He did say all quotations and our qualification is valid for a year too. So, I will post back on Monday - my husband was in sales for years and is probably even more sceptical than me, so we certainly won't enter into anything unless it really is a good deal!
So...let me get this straight - the only two people with any experience of this 'deal' joined in the last two days simply to post on a resurrected thread?
Mods should expire as spam.
I'll drop a few points here to give you a few points to think about.

Check out the reviews for one of the directors dissolved companies.
en-gb.facebook.com/Rhi…ar/
They seem to have replaced that with a new company, Solar Panel Funding Ltd. Get yourself some solar panels while you're at it.

Also their Facebook profile for Help 2 Buy Windows has a post from 2016 facebook.com/Hel…ws/, but according to suite.endole.co.uk/ins…ltd it was incorporated on 20/06/2018. Even has a positive review posted before incorporation.

EDIT:

facebook page for RhinoSolar has been taken down, and so too has the google business listing. Just for the record they weren't good reviews.
Edited by: "mug51" 9th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants