Posted 20 November 2023

Help with a fraud website on trainers

Can anyone please help me I bought some trainers from this website thinking it was official nothing states it isn’t on-runninguk.com/col…r=2 and when the on trainers have come they look so fake 🤦🏻‍♀️ I have emailed them and they have emailed back from a Chinese email address saying to send them back to somewhere in china and they will refund me what is left after the customs charge! Is the anyway I can get my money back without been scammed again when I send them back?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

26 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Chargeback via payment mechanism.
    Author
    How do I do this please
    I got this when visiting the site

51505870-quoqf.jpg
    As others have said, if the goods are counterfeit, check your card provider's ( bank's ) website for how to do a chargeback.

As the site is probably dodgy, you might want to contact your bank even if the transaction hasn't shown up yet.

I would also suggest emailing the genuine brand's contact address to get some conformation that its not a legit site and the goods you bought are counterfeit. They might also try to get the site taken down.
    Author
    Good idea I have just emailed on official with the link to there website and explained the situation. I have spoke to my bank I have to wait until the 30 day mark is up before then can try help with chargeback
    i always check "contact us" when i buy anything and if i only see an online form to contact the retailer and no address or UK landline, then forget it as they can ignore these online forms very easily and you have no way to contact them properly. and i tend to avoid sites where there are world flags as it often means the company is not located in the UK.

their return policy does not state free return so i think they are within their right to ask that you pay for postage. if on receipt the item is shown to be faulty, they will refund you the postage. that is the strict legal obligations as far as i am aware.
    51504506-YTIYn.jpg
    Update your browser!

Way too many 🚩🚩🚩
    You need to look into how a chargeback works with your own bank but here are some pointers:

visa.co.uk/how…tml
    on-runninguk.com/ret…tml

Return policy states: "We're Bummed If You're Not 100% Satisfied With The Items You Received"

Says it all really....
    I thought you was pulling my leg

51504634-vNLCm.jpg
    Probably a dropshipper who uses a UK warehouse for the outbound, and the discouragement of an international address for the return.
    I had this with eBay once, to which they refunded the money, I kept the item, and the seller lost in every way.
    Try a chargeback if the items were not to a suitable standard (edited)
    Author
    What is a chargeback can you give me some more info go I do this please it said when I purchased the item it was up then when it didn’t arrive within a week I contacted them and realised it was coming from over seas
    I think you’ll have a job on if I’m honest. Did you pay via credit card?

Prices are a concern straight away, odd amounts. Return Policy is also a mess which would have set the alarm bells ringing. I’m sure someone else will check the time the website has been registered for. Sore one but always worth getting a legit check on here to save any hassle.
    Pricing is probably converted from euros or USD which is why it looks 'odd'
    Website is blocked by kaspesky, no real need for me to look further, but for a change it was registered years ago in 2015, currently registered in Arizona though
    Told I was going to an 'unsafe site' - says all you need to know when clicking on the link provides responses like that
    How did you make payment?

I also think if you do send back you can claim back the customs fees you've paid.
    Author
    I paid by my bank card but now the transaction isn’t on my statement when I look back?
    Author
    51504844-IwwL4.jpg
    This was the reply I paid by my bank card but can not find the transaction in my history for some strange reason?
    Do you have any email confirmations etc? You may have been charged in USD/EUR, which may show a different merchant name.
    Author
    51512390-AZn9S.jpg
    They are now saying the trainers are authentic
    No, the phrase is:
    original from (unidentified) factory
    which is as vague as it gets.

Plus it is highly unlikely that a shifter of non-authentic as authentic would state the product was non-auth.

Bottom line:
    does the product you received meet the appearance/quality of genuine / authentic / official / original non-second from (brand name) factory?
    If not, the product is "not as described."
    For "not as described" scenario you can raise dispute / chargeback with payment mechanism,
    where you may or may not be required to indicate the not-as-describedness.

Your choice to attempt to recover from reckless purchase, or not.
's avatar