Posted 28 July 2011

How can I stop both LG tvs from reacting to one remote?

I've just bought a new LG tv and it's in the same room as my computer for which i use another LG tv as a second screen on. But now when I use the remote for the new tv, both televisions react to the button presses. Is there anyway i can stop this? thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    look for a purply/redish bit of plastic or rtm to see if they point out the IR
    sowotsdis

Had same problem but simply fixed ....Cup your hand around the remote to … Had same problem but simply fixed ....Cup your hand around the remote to avoid a wide IR beam or attach a short cylinder in fron of the remote such as an empty 3cm smartie tube or smaller and point directly at your intended target making sure you don't bouce the IR beam off any shiny surfaces like glass or mirrors...and hey it works..no?

A much more fun way is to set up a complex pattern of mirrors throughout the house so that the beam is reflected at only the device you require. This allows you to use the remote from anywhere in the house also.
    rtfm perhaps?
    (edited)
    Doubt you can. Some TVs remotes can have TV ID changes made but not sure this is supported on most home ones.
    Electrical tape over the monitor sensor?
    blinkers on the remote
    bazzaric

Electrical tape over the monitor sensor?

^^^This^^^

Find the ir receiver on the TV you don't want turning over and stick something over it.
    Author
    I'll try the tape idea thanks. should the sensor be next to the standy light cos i cant seem to see it. may have to be trial and error.
    Had same problem but simply fixed ....
    Cup your hand around the remote to avoid a wide IR beam or attach a short cylinder in fron of the remote such as an empty 3cm smartie tube or smaller and point directly at your intended target making sure you don't bouce the IR beam off any shiny surfaces like glass or mirrors...and hey it works..no?
    Do let me know your outcome
    GOYA
    Hmmmph
    bazzaric

A much more fun way is to set up a complex pattern of mirrors throughout … A much more fun way is to set up a complex pattern of mirrors throughout the house so that the beam is reflected at only the device you require. This allows you to use the remote from anywhere in the house also.

I actually did this once when I had to sit in a chair at a wide angle to the TV box when I had a shoulder operation. Set a mirror on the table to bounce the beam towards the TV box. Worked a treat. LOL!
    sowotsdis

Had same problem but simply fixed ....Cup your hand around the remote to … Had same problem but simply fixed ....Cup your hand around the remote to avoid a wide IR beam or attach a short cylinder in fron of the remote such as an empty 3cm smartie tube or smaller and point directly at your intended target making sure you don't bouce the IR beam off any shiny surfaces like glass or mirrors...and hey it works..no?

Blue Peter badge on it's way
    wrap the monitor in lead. Sorted.
's avatar