Posted 2 December 2023

How's this remotely insensitive? It's a joke!

4254124_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Because we live in a world where everybody is offended on behalf of other people. Also a lot of cultural appropriation.
    Being offended is a full time occupation for many and a huge money making business for some. And social media is the perfect vehicle for it.
    Indeed, including rage baiting and then grifting off of the resulting interactions in a monetary, political or ego boosting/attention seeking way, is very common now.

It doesn't help that people have seemingly shorter attention spans nowadays and refuse to independently research past the headline/buzzwords. (edited)
    It’s because Offended will soon likely be declared a gender!
    I'm offended you have a discussion about this. I demand you delete your thread.
    I'm, offended that you're offended & I will now shout louder than you about how offended I am without givining an articulated answer to why & demand that you never talk to me again......

....... Oh but you have to still do all the work & cook my meals.
    My wife can't understand how the Amazon advert never got pulled. The Get Ready for the Amazon Black Friday .
    The dancers by the lake a few weeks ago.
    I'm with her on that. We cringed watching it. I told her to complain but she never...
    The world is baffling sometimes (edited)
    She's a product of her generation. It's no wonder our kid's are sadly suffering mental health issues with people like her influencing them. Only their opinions matter and what they think is right regardless of facts.
    Don’t think I agree, kids these days seem much much worse with huge chips on their me-me shoulders.
    Probably showing my age here but does anybody remember Mary Whitehouse who used to spend her entire living life being offended by everything and anything on TV.

When I was a wee lad and eager to see lady parts on TV I used to think if she’s so offended why the bloody hell does she keep watching!
    I remember her. She was a classic old fashioned, No sex please, were British. I Tried it once and didn't like it?

She did it for the publicity and controversy. Just like social media does today.

It's always been about the money and power.

If you don't like something, turn it over or turn off.
    Sometimes, I'm offended at how easily offended some people get..
    Mary was wrong? Hum

It is said that most 10 year olds have seen more sex than anyone born around 1900 did in a lifetime.
    Probably seen more death as well. And all sorts of horrific things.Thats on TV, nevermind the internet (edited)
's avatar