Posted 16 September 2023

HUKD App crashing

Has anyone else recently had trouble with the HUKD app crashing when opened? I tried restarting my iPad Pro 2020, I tried reinstalling the app, but it still crashes.
Community Updates
Usually no problems but today when I open the app it immediately crashes. Don’t even get to the home page. I’ve deleted and reinstalled, restarted my phone but made no difference. All other apps on my phone are fine. Is anyone else having any issues ?
New Comment

44 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Hi All
    We are aware of this issue and we have reported it to the relevant team. I can only apologise and hopefully, we can get this fixed asap.
    Thanks hopefully be working soon then
    I'm having issues on Android. It keeps making me buy things I don't need, but are too cheap not to buy
    I am also having this problem but I don't think it is the app that is the problem
    Yes, I can’t start the app at all. Odd as it was working fine earlier today.
    Must be an issue with iphone app then. Kind of annoying as the app is so much nicer than the web version on safari (edited)
    Not working on my iPhone, but works fine on my android
    Yep, same on my iphone.

Also not getting notifications within the app, been like this for ages and have to manually click the bell icon to get my latest alerts.
    Me too, been having that problem with notifications for weeks. They don’t show unless you manually press the bell. Annoying 
    Yes. I’ve the same issue on iPhone app. Every time I try and open the app it terminates immediately. Was working fine this morning. (edited)
    Yes having same issue. Keeps crashing every time you try to open the app
    Yes same here, can open on my iPhone but not ipad
    Me too 
    Works on iphone for me but not iPad.
    App appears to be working fine again now on my iPhone (and iPad). 🤷‍♂️
    Yep will not load inc beta version 
    No issues here on iPhone
    I had this for a few mins earlier
    I guess they have no one available OOH to have a look at the issue. I’m sure it will be looked at first thing on Monday morning!   

This started yesterday afternoon. Thank god its not just me. Probably the most used app and most frequently opened app on my iPhone. So you can imagine what it's like when you can't open it or use it. I can probably say I'm like many thousands using the app everyday several times a day 🫣
    I think the recent update from Apple has caused this issue. I am unable to access HUKD via the app, safari and chrome from my iPhone. Managed to log in through FB, but seems strange that everything else just crashed immediately. I guess it’ll save me some money today
    Yes. Just reinstalled but still crashing 
    Same, I usually check for 5 minutes in bed but last night it was insta crashing, I checked when I woke up just now and its still doing it, android works fine currently.
    Yes yesterday
    Same here, tried going through web browser too as well as app, no luck.
    Hope I’m not missing some great deals.
    Author
    For what it’s worth, in the meantime, the browser on my iPad works a treat.
    Just a quick update for you all. We now know that this is an issue that has affected all Pepper iOS Apps, across Europe. The team are on it now, working on a workaround, but they've advised us that unfortunately, the Apple reviewing process can take a while. (edited)
    App hasn’t been working since yesterday and didn’t have any joy today. Deleted the app and reinstalled. All seems to be working fine now. (edited)
    Had this issue also since yesterday…managed to reinstall there and by luck remembered my password so all good now!
    Delete and reinstalled app yesterday on iPhone didn’t work. But reinstalling just now did! iPad not affected.
    Reinstalled and works now.
    Yes, all working now after reinstalling
    I had the TestFLIGHT version installed, ran into the error, uninstalled, reinstalled, nothing, rebooted, still nothing, went back to the old version STILL nothing, my iPad version is working fine (for now) and I had asked around and thought it was just me. Finally thought I’d check here…

Somewhat relieved to find it’s not just me.
    Same here on iPad, most disconcerting as I need to check for hot uk deals !
    Mine was crashing for a few days. Just started working right now. Without AppStore update. They must have changed something over the air.
    New app update has fixed the issue that I had with the app on the iPad.
    Any fix for older app users v6.15.0 on IOS 13?
's avatar