Posted 3 days ago

HUKD Hall of Fame for Useless tat

Hello HUKD Rabble,
What do the good folks think would be the winner over the years, in useless tat that we have bought because it was cheap - only to be forgotten about somewhere until it was ready to be thrown away.
I know I've had my fair share
Couple of Raspberry Pi Zero
Bluetooth speakers
Headphones etc
That reminds me. I have to hide a kayak box before the wife starts complaining
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

23 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Those expandable hose pipes
    There are certain things that should never be posted on here. And they should be on the list
    Thompson & Morgan 'free' plants. Free plants. Just pay postage. The catch is, the plants you receive are the seedling batches which pretty much all failed and died, so all you're really paying for is to put Thompson & Morgan's waste into the bin for them.
    Ditto. I got a refund for both orders from them. The plants were beyond poor.
    Probably the wretched £9.99 pocket microscope, shared by, ah playdumb
    Author
    Ha, a blast from the distant past. Thx for the reminder. Our kids did use the microscope for a year as a novelty 🏼 (edited)
    Google Nest Hub 2 from JL, should have been free with orders over a certain amount but could be added free with any order (I bought a towel). I couldn't find any use for it so gave it away (edited)
    Super cheap earphones for me.. bought them as a backup pair but they were very uncomfortable so they never got used. I bet a lot of other HUKDers are in the same boat. Also, you threw away a couple of Raspberry Pi's? How could you! (edited)
    Author
    What's the repent process for Pi Zero abuse?! I better atone for my sins, in case I'm denied any part in future deals
    just reminded me I have a couple of useless tat Nintendo consoles.
    I got a phone charger and usb speakers that were used a couple of times

I have a few things that aren't exactly useless but I haven't really used them much, but they may become useful one day
    Those stupid cheap headphones, a "free" deal for a portable cigarette ashtray that I ended up having to pay the postage cost for! - I don't even smoke!
    Almost forgot those £30 Canon CS100 connect stations - useles tech, but at least I was able to repurpose the 1TB hard drive... (edited)
    Just remembered. Head thermometer and blood pressure measure.
    Oximeter during COVID!?
    Yep, got one of those, never used. (edited)
    Simon optix game. Sure it was about £2 from Tesco many years ago. Bought 4, don't think they were used for more than 5 mins then charity shopped
    Reminds me of the Toast, Bean and Egg Makers that were reposted on HUKD a lot at one point. People seemed to love them! (edited)
    Anything with the words 'echo' and 'show' in its name.
    Now we use these every day...
    The omelette maker just gone to the charity shop
    Various speakers... Hanging about somewhere... Having a family to pass things to helps😁
    I bought a car phone holder 2 months ago. Just after the end of the Amazon return date, I bought a new car with built-in sat nav.
's avatar