Posted 2 January 2024

Hukd recommendations for men's winter coats?

I'm looking for a winter coat that does a decent job of keeping you warm. Prefer something with a hood and zipped pockets. I don't mind spending more if the quality can justify it. Just curious what folks on here tend to like. I usually buy North Face but that's because I don't know what brands are considered good quality for coats or clothes generally.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Had a Rab goose down puffa coat but wasn't particularly warm. I've a Mountain Warehouse parka, with hood and zipped pockets, for a couple of years and that is almost too warm for SE England winter (it's (not on their website anymore).
    My only piece of advice is to ensure the coat is long enough that it covers well below your backside.
    I always buy Craghoppers when I need a new coat . I think they are fantastic value for money. They range from £60 -£300 . Obviously the cheaper coats won't be as good . But the ones I've bought have been very good and have all the requirements you described
    I bought my son a tog24 parka about four or five years ago and it still looks like new. It is a down filled one and I think I paid about £125. It was warm enough for winter in Krakow and plenty warm enough for Scotland where we live
    Hubby has just replaced a Columbia coat with one from Go Outdoors by I think Didriksen? It was pricey but he said he'd get at least 5 years out of it.

Personally I like Lands end coats - they are often water proof, snow and wind proof and have down for warmth too which is very lightweight but toasty. Would have a look at their website and keep an eye out for extra discounts too.
    IMAX Oceanic Thermo Suit

It's what offshore fishermen use but I use it round the garden and walks in winter.
    marksandspencer.com/bor…072

I bought that just before Christmas, I managed to get 20% off with the M&S "12 Days Of Christmas" thingy...

I'm going to sound old now (which I am I guess lol) but its a real good fitting warm coat.

I'm forever trying different coats on in all kinds of shops just to check what they are like and I actually bought this one! So hard to get something decent for a decent enough price!

(they haven't reduced them in the sale either - I think they are selling too well) (edited)
's avatar