66 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Instead of introducing yet another badge for the most prolific users to look to achieve can the powers be look to introduce a feature where we can mute users/retailers from showing up on the feed.
    You can use your ad blocker to hide deals you don't want to see

Blocking a merchant by name e.g. Argos
    www.hotukdeals.com##.cept-merchant-name:has-text(Argos):upward(.thread)

Blocking a deal by title e.g. Nintendo
    www.hotukdeals.com##.thread-link.cept-tt:has-text(Nintendo):upward(.thread)

Edit: added missing ':upward(.thread)' (edited)
    Thanks Killefitz, would i need to just add the url with my choice of keyword to the adblocking list ?
    Would this actually make the deals not appear in the list ?, or still appear in the list but just prevent the url from opening ? (edited)
    I have the NSFW setting off, yet blurred deals show in my feed. As with any setting, one expects that once set, there won't even be a hint of the existence of such things. Showing that they not only exist, but are accessible via a tap, completely renders the setting obsolete.

There are people who choose not to be smeared with cr@p every time we open something in our phone. Are we also welcome to use your app or should we accept your discrimination?
    There isn't an option to remove specific deal categories or key words from your feed, but the team are aware and may consider for future updates. Unfortunately it's not an available feature in the current platform design. We would also like to advise members that they can use the 'For You' feed too, as this is designed to showcase and include deals that match your browsing interests with better automatic personalisation:

hotukdeals.com/dis…108

If you don't browse or open lingerie deals, then they won't be featured as regularly on that forum view.
    Posted the following earlier as a separate feedback thread but was apparently merged with this without my comments showing up, so reposting here...

Adult Lingerie - can we have a feature to opt in / out of this section (possibly others) in our Account Settings please?
    Is there any way we can vote on having this feature added?

Don't get me wrong, the pieces are beautiful & everything but some of us are simply fed up of seeing these very obviously being voted hot for the wrong reasons, clogging up Today's Hottest deals & others we are more interested in.
    Also, quite fed up of some posting laddish / immature / disrespectful to women comments that seem outwardly benign just to gain cheap attention & likes - can post examples below.

Does anybody else feel this site is becoming more like a hotlingeriedeals or hotladiesdeals (edited)
    How is this still not a feature. If I have to see one more deal for crotchless lingerie from Lovehoney which I am not able to exclude, I swear I will lose my mind. Please PLEASE can excluding a certain retailer be added.
    I came here for this exact same reason. Non stop crotchless lingerie being posted by the same few users. Fairly sure they work for those companies yet nothing is being done about it.
    Ever since the 'Highlights' page has become personalised, I've seen many types of deals which I'm no longer interested in but keep popping up over and over because I clicked on them once or twice in the past.

It would be nice to have the option to mention that you're 'Not interested' in that type of deal anymore so you no longer get those suggestions.
    I keep seeing these LoveHoney deals all the time and have no interest, but there's so many that it seems to clog up the feed at times. Would love the ability to mute them.

I did look at muting individual posters posting them, but at least one was a Deal Editor, who users are unable to mute.

[Edited for context as posted something separately that got merged into here] (edited)
    I am recently noticed that I am seeing deals showing half naked women especially from Lovehoney. It feels as Lovehoney is sponsorship Hotukdeals.
    I am not interested in seeing these deals from Lovehoney. Could you please remove them?
    Hi,

We are often asked for this feature and I would really like it to be implemented one day. Unfortunately it is still not planned.
    Thanks for the feedback

We're always looking at ways to improve the deal experience so i'll pass this suggestion along
    I'd like the ability to block / unfollow certain types of deals or members.

For deals, it would need to allow you to block key words, including the retailer name.

There are a lot of thirsty middle aged men posting lingerie deals and it's a little sad.
    Get rid of the love honey nonsense
    While I agree, it's not going to happen as it's bringing in revenue to the site.

What I proposed in my earlier comment is to give members the simple option to include or exclude certain sections or subsections - if they have tick boxes & toggles for so many other aspects in account settings, shouldn't be difficult to add this as well. (edited)
    In our household we buy many items from many different deals and whilst we don't buy 99% of the things posted here I don't really want them hidden, blocked or excluded as I like to scroll deals sometimes just looking for something new.

I can definitely see the option to hide, opt in-out sections would be a bonus for some users though.

Personally if I don't like a deal I keep scrolling, Can't you simply scroll past too. That is a thing. I am sure many people browsing the site scroll past hundreds and thousands of lingerie and none lingerie deals normally and don't want them removed or hidden for the wrong reasons.
    I agree with some of what you say, but what messes things up is when most of these deals are voted hot for the models & not for the quality of the deal itself - easily put to the test by posting pics of the lingerie only without the models.

The laddish, immature, silly & disrespectful comments for the sole intention of gaining attention & likes is another annoyance - these are reducing as people have complained, but now every single comment has to be closely monitored & moderated, which proves another point.

These are about the only types of deals with photos where you cannot buy everything being displayed in the photo, & this is another aspect that messes with one psychologically - mental torture that some of us would like to have the option to avoid, thank you very much!

If this was a certain kind of site, catering to a certain kind of clientele, then everything would be having a party & no one would be objecting to anything.

Things have to be seen in context, HUKD please see the absurdity of it all & give us the freedom to choose. (edited)
    Hello, I have noticed more and more material has started appearing on site of this content and appreciate the hide button. Could you possibly create another option to not show this content at all? This would make this more kid friendly.

Thank you
    Hi unfortunately there isn't an option to exclude this type of specific content at this time. What you can do is opt to use the 'For you' page as your default login page as the content suggested here will also include your browsing interests, so if you don't look at these types of threads such as lingerie, adult products then it's less likely that you will then see these deals highlighted in your feed

*For You Feed Discussion link
    Simple but will be very effective i saw on many nudy adult deals people aren't really interested, so let us just be able to completely not see them censored deals on our feeds.
    Hi, unfortunately this isn't something that is planned at the moment, but I will share your feedback with the team.
    Hi

It's something that has been requested a few times so I will pass on the feedback to the product team

Nathan
    Add this to your adblocker:

! 2023-04-06 hotukdeals.com
    www.hotukdeals.com##.cept-merchant-name:has-text(Tokyo Laundry):upward(.thread)
    Still no option to filter products? Why even have an account then? That's like the most basic function.
    I don't have a problem with the Lovehoney flood but the thinly veiled "polite" comments are annoying. Unfortunately, moderation on HUKD is used as a very blunt instrument rather than with surgical precision.
    I think we're seeing a few more lingerie deals recently because of the daily Amazon gift voucher rewards. More often than not the lingerie deals attract enough positive votes to put them into the top deals of the day in the fashion category and some of the people who are creating these deal threads know this.

I had suggested to exclude lingerie deals from the rewards but that would be unfair for people sharing what they think are genuinely good offers. I also suggested to not allow the images to be shared in the thumbnail(?) and that it should only be the companies' logo in place of them. I also think they should not be shared in the description either because it seems that some people are voting up based on the images alone. The people who may be looking for such deals may still click through and look to see the product to make a purchase.

The past week I have been thinking that I should try and find some good lingerie offers and share them so that I can receive a reward myself.
    Can't stop the lingerie deals altogether as it brings revenue to the site (not like they are likely to go under without them!), but give the rest of us who are not interested for whatever reason an option to exclude seeing them altogether, not just blurring out images.
    This would solve all the problems - no one wants to stop the site from earning revenue from them, deprive anyone who likes to view/interested in buying the products, earn vouchers or even stop the silly comments if that's what they choose to do.
    This is not controlling or preventing anyone from doing whatever pleases them, but gives everyone a choice to join in or opt out depending on their interests, sensibilities or whatever.
    Is it possible to hide certain deals from your feed via keyword, akin to setting up alerts with the same? I find it frustrating seeing deals that aren't available to me and not being able to just blanket-hide certain retailers or brands that don't interest me.

If this doesn't exist, does anyone know if this feature is in the pipeline?

Thanks in advance for any info.
    Is there a way (in the app) to simply hide deals from certain stores?

My example is Amazon. I cancelled Prime after the 'last straw' of them bumping up the Prime cost and adding advertising to Prime Video (plus sick of all the no-name junk on there now).

I'd like to simply hide any Amazon deals as I won't be buying anything from there.
    Hi unfortunately there isn't an option to exclude stores &/or categories at this time. You can opt to use the 'For you' page as your default login page as the content suggested here will also include your browsing interests, so if you don't look at Amazon deals (open Amazon links, vote on Amazon deals, comment on Amazon threads) it's less likely that you will then see these deals highlighted

*For You Feed Discussion link
    Hi - is it possible to exclude or hide certain deals from my feed? For example, retailers such as Morrisons or Aldi aren;t available where I live. I would want to also hide 'local' offers like 10p bananas in Tesco Cheltenham, or ladies fashion deals which I can;t conceive a use for.

I know I can easily ignore these but thought I would ask...
    It has been requested many times but it's not possible to hide deals from certain retailers.

You can hide all local offers or chose to only show local offers in your area (see link below).

hotukdeals.com/com…422 (edited)
    Thanks for this Russ - good job re. the local at least.
    Hi guys,

It would be great if when setting up an alert you can add exclusions.

For example if I setup an alert for 'watch', it would be great if I could select keywords to be excluded and not trigger the alert. For instance if I am not interested in smart watches, I would exlude any watch deals with the keyword 'Apple' or 'Samsung' in the title.
    Can we block deals, fed up seeing Tokyo Laundry clothing, just ripping people off selling poor quality clothing. It’s a shame as some looks ok but in reality that aren’t.
    +1 for this feature. It really would help make my alerts (and possibly other sections) more efficient in showing what I'm interested in rather than scrolling through posts that don't.
    Afraid not
    Thanks for the reply

Do you know if there is a procedure in place to make suggestions to hotukdeals to improve the user experience ?
    It’s a great idea. I would kill to remove ebooks and foreign PSN game deals.
    Is it possible to permanently filter out any Star Wars related deals ?
    You can't mute retailers AFAIK, but you can mute users.

Just go to the profile page, and you'll see a mute button under the user overview.

50439759-yNdJH.jpg
    As it is, muting only hides the user’s comments for you but still shows you that you have muted them.

50439803-SpYGA.jpg

It would be better where if you post a deal, and comment or react to a comment it shouldn’t be seen by the muter! Same for retailers.
    Please folks, someone tell me how to stop recieving certain deals on my feed, namely the games and video stuff, there are so many, I don't need them....I have tried unfollowing many posters but that doesn't work for me, thnx
    Hi guys,

Sorry if this is obvious and enabled somewhere.

Can you filter deals for sellers to never show? Basically I want to permanently hide House of Fraser and Sports Direct deals.

Thank you!
    Hi, unfortunately there isn't an opt-out option currently. We also recommend that members look at setting up their 'for you' feed, which provide a list of more personalised relevant deals based on your activity. See my post *here for further discussion 

Please can you do the same for dead animals as you do for bras etc and blurr/sensor the image?

It's pretty grim scrolling seeing various chopped up animal limbs and meat
    If you feel that an image on a current live deal requires review because it is only suitable for adult viewing, then please report the thread for review using the report link.

If you are referencing everyday grocery products, then that isn't a genuine feedback request and we can remove this thread.
    No it's nothing adult content related, but seeing dead parts of once living things can be distressing, particularly for my daughter.

Would be nice to have a filter to hide the images
    Hi , Currently there's no way to filter out categories in the main feeds.

I've found 2 alternatives that might or might not be off help to you.
    1. You can use our new search bar to filter out categories when searching.
    2. You can set up custom alerts for when deals are posted that fall into your interests.

I will pass this onto the team, but in the meantime if you need any help with the above, please just reply back !

Hope you have a lovely christmas!
    & - sorry guys these are currently not possible & no idea if they'll feature in the future.
    Is there a way to disable notifications/alerts for a specific category? I have amazon keyword as an alert but want to ignore the 1000000 kindle book posts that gets added on here everyday
    unfortunately not, and nobody likes those alerts
's avatar