Posted 9 December 2023

Laptop from Amazon

Hello

Please can someone with a bit more knowledge help me pick a laptop for my daughter

Max £400 preference to Amazon as I have a gift vouchers unless there is a too good to miss deal else where

School work and light gaming, hopefully run Fortnite? half decent screen I see people slate TN screens

Any help appreciated just seems a bit of a minefield to me.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    From my experience the best deals on laptop is from the dell refurbished website, they always have codes that stack with Amex offers and you get £100s off. If you contact dell agent they might even be able to give you money off as a custom deal. When I bought my mum a laptop, she was unsure as to if she would use it and so I started a return. a dell phoned me up to give me a extra £60 off to keep it.
    dellrefurbished.co.uk/laptops

BTW if the laptop processor ends in U it’s for power efficiency and battery life which makes it a no go for playing games. (edited)
    You won't find a laptop that runs Fortnite in this price
    Maybe best for the OP to play via GeForce Now so won't need to worry about the laptop's spec. as much?
    Fortnite is playable on Amazon Luna streaming service (with Prime), works really well
's avatar