Posted 28 March 2022

Looking for alternative for Lekman Ikea boxes

Any cheaper alternative to the Lekman plastic boxes from Ikea?

I can't find anything similar (plastic and clear) for better price.

Thank you.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    slimy3128/03/2022 08:49

It's a 2x4 on top of a 4x4, and yes it's about 2-3 inches off the ceiling. …It's a 2x4 on top of a 4x4, and yes it's about 2-3 inches off the ceiling. The Drona themselves are sticking around, the styles change quite frequently. We've found that if one has torn or got something on it, we've never been able to go back and get the same ones. After having a mismatched set we got to buying spares while they had the ones we wanted

I bought all the units off fb marketplace, often with doors included, but most of the dronas I got myself plus the fabric drawers. I have a 4x4 in the office with 2 2x2 ekets on top (slightly smaller) to get a similar effect, was doing the room up on a budget and was offered 4 of the ekets for £25 so have another similar setup in my sons room.

These are the boxes from dunelm, the doors were ikea ones that came with another unit. Ignore the mess, this was when I first got the stuff!

47162372-bnftH.jpg
    You will be hard pushed to beat some of Ikea's prices, and even if you do it might be a step down in quality.

Personally we went for the fabric ones (Drona?), mainly because we went for a 6 x 4 Kallax and buying 24 of anything was going to be expensive. That's the only way to really save money, but it's very much use case and user preference.
    tek-monkey28/03/2022 07:57

Didn't realise they did a 6x? Should be near the ceiling if stood that …Didn't realise they did a 6x? Should be near the ceiling if stood that way?Dig fan of the drona too, managed to get some cheaper ones in dunelm for the kids room recently as well but looks like they were being phased out.

It's a 2x4 on top of a 4x4, and yes it's about 2-3 inches off the ceiling. The Drona themselves are sticking around, the styles change quite frequently. We've found that if one has torn or got something on it, we've never been able to go back and get the same ones. After having a mismatched set we got to buying spares while they had the ones we wanted
    slimy3128/03/2022 07:47

You will be hard pushed to beat some of Ikea's prices, and even if you do …You will be hard pushed to beat some of Ikea's prices, and even if you do it might be a step down in quality. Personally we went for the fabric ones (Drona?), mainly because we went for a 6 x 4 Kallax and buying 24 of anything was going to be expensive. That's the only way to really save money, but it's very much use case and user preference.

Didn't realise they did a 6x? Should be near the ceiling if stood that way?
    Dig fan of the drona too, managed to get some cheaper ones in dunelm for the kids room recently as well but looks like they were being phased out.
's avatar