Posted 8 January 2024

Meta Account Help

Hi,

My son got a Meta Quest 2 for Christmas and when I set it up for him I put the wrong year of birth, since he's been using it he's had a few emails asking him to verify his age. I've sent pictures of his passport and also explained that I'd put the wrong date and could they change it, but because the passport has expired they won't accept it. His account has now been suspended, can someone point me in the right direction to contact Meta to sort this out and also suggest other ID he could send? He's only 11 so the only photo ID is his passport.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Set it up as yourself as an adult then add him with you as his guardian. That way you will only need verify your own identity instead of his. Iv just got a quest 3 and did it this way for my daughter
    Ive never had any contact from them, why would they ask for age verification, is it because its someone under 18 ?
    Soon as someone young puts the quest on it’s recognises they are potentially underage and asks you to verify
    Can you you set up a new account now or is this suspended account attached to the device?
's avatar