Posted 7 hours ago

Microwaves

Hi folks I'm looking for a well built microwave for no more than £150 if such a thing exists,obviously I would be very happy to find one a lot cheaper than that.I would like a ceramic interior.Has anyone bought one that you're happy with ?
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I bought a Panasonic microwave for £100 and I'm happy with it amazon.co.uk/Pan…c=1
    Author
    Thanks
    I'd get an inverter microwave. They are like the 1980s ones which don't have the daft turntable.

Much easier to keep clean, don't rust after time, and generally all round better.

I have a Russell Hobbs inverter microwave for about 5yr and it has been excellent. Still looks like new too.
    Author
    Thank you
    Panasonic is the only real option for well built microwaves in the UK as of late. Many of their models are actually made in the UK too. It's just a case of picking a size and power level that suits your needs and budget really.

I'll give a honorable mention to Sage and Samsung. Both make pretty good microwaves if you want to explore them too. But Sage tend to be more expensive than your budget really allows and not ceramic inside, and Samsung, while reliable do have their flaws (Doors are thin and plasticky, and completely blacked out in the name of design - You can't see inside and that's led to making a big mess to clean up a few times now)
    Author
    Thank you,I remember people posting photos of old Panasonic microwaves that they still use that were approaching 40 years of age!,built like tanks.I know what you mean about Samsung they seem to pull people in with the ceramic inside,I've got one and the door is so flimsy like you say.So it looks like a Panasonic or Samsung then. (edited)
    Unrealistic to base durability expectation for recent models to be comparable to models built even a few years ago,
    and certainly self-deluding to base durability comparison expectation on models designed & produced 20+ years ago.
    But equally not aware of a big-brand manufacturer that will openly declare that its models are routinely not good for at least 6 years of service so all should be well for that period,
    unless you live in Scotland which reduces durability expectation enforcement to maximum 5 years.

Samdung is a little coy about its MW products' implied durability but will offer 3 years warranty on MW products that have a selling price of typically £150+ from the usual outlets;
    which is strangely typically equivalent to £180+ from Shamdung-warranty-approved suppliers.

Its hard work to wade through the Shamdung terms & conditions to assess the feasibility of the warranty registration time obligations, purchase date window, targeted models, varying warranty duration and, bizarrely, no obvious indication of qualifying suppliers at
    samsung.com/uk/…ty/

If OP is comfortable jumping through hoops to confirm model applicability, implied supplier applicability, registers on-time, conforms to all the other qualifying t&c:
    below may be a Shamdung 3yr wrty qualifying model/supplier at under £150 with not only the desired ceramic interior but 'Superior Ceramic' interior.
    Hilarious.
    hughes.co.uk/pro…3as
's avatar