Groups
    EXPIRED

Mighty Deals.co.uk feedback

I've just gone through a deal to a website called mighty deals and they were selling 32gb memory cards for £10 so I bought 2 and I got 2 emails with "voucher" codes to another website I've never heard of and the other website charges £4 each for delivery. I don't want to enter my details on there aswell to get ripped off again.. Is there anything I can do? Please help!

378 Comments

How did you pay?

Original Poster

sancho1983

How did you pay?

Visa debit, lloyds TSB

Deal Terms: Once deal is purchased, Mighty Deals will send you your … Deal Terms: Once deal is purchased, Mighty Deals will send you your confirmation of purchase with unique voucher code and website link to redeem from.Voucher valid for 3 months. Multiples may be purchased. Delivery is an additional £3.99. Please allow up to 14 days for delivery.

Link removed

Edited by moderator: "Feb 23, 2012 20:53" 23rd Feb 2012

Original Poster

The thing that stopped me on the other site is I can put as many as I want at £4 each.. Why would they send 2 codes if I can order as many as I want

Original Poster

Shadow-360

Comment above
    Edited by moderator: "Feb 23, 2012 20:56" 23rd Feb 2012

The deal has been marked as spam by ourselves for at least the 2nd time today as we were unable to check who the supplier of the stick is as Mighty Deals did not reveal the merchant.

However according to Lacies own website they do not sell a 32gb stick in that design. Only a 8gb and 16gb which was another factor

lacie.com/uk/…531

Should remove that link, Sy has removed it once already

Original Poster

Syzable

The deal has been marked as spam by ourselves for at least the 2nd time … The deal has been marked as spam by ourselves for at least the 2nd time today as we were unable to check who the supplier of the stick is as Mighty Deals did not reveal the merchant.However according to Lacies own website they do not sell a 32gb stick in that design. Only a 8gb and 16gb which was another factorhttp://www.lacie.com/uk/products/product.htm?id=10531

Been scammed then will the bank do anything?

is this a scam? as ive ordered and 280+ other people have (or so i think)?
    is it a proper site?

Original Poster

sme24185

is this a scam? as ive ordered and 280+ other people have (or so i … is this a scam? as ive ordered and 280+ other people have (or so i think)?is it a proper site?

Looks like weve been ripped off

Syzable

The deal has been marked as spam by ourselves for at least the 2nd time … The deal has been marked as spam by ourselves for at least the 2nd time today as we were unable to check who the supplier of the stick is as Mighty Deals did not reveal the merchant.However according to Lacies own website they do not sell a 32gb stick in that design. Only a 8gb and 16gb which was another factorhttp://www.lacie.com/uk/products/product.htm?id=10531

I’ve changed my mind! What can I do?Every Mighty Deals offer comes with a … I’ve changed my mind! What can I do?Every Mighty Deals offer comes with a full money-back guarantee. Simply let us know by calling us on 01483 412 978 or emailing us at [email protected] with your name and order reference number, within 7 days of your purchase, and we will give you a full no-questions-asked refund, provided you have not taken up your deal. Refunds will be processed in 7 business days.

According to Mighty Deals you can have a refund

Whilst i'm not saying the merchant selling the stick is a scam you can indeed get a refund. On a quick look at the merchant they have only been in operation for little over a month but i've not had a full look at them

Any problems then feel free to PM me

RandomUsername

Looks like weve been ripped off

dont no? there a voucher code email going to send it off

Whois suggests the domain was only created last month.

Google Streetview of the supplied address and supposed location of the official store brings up a residents only area in Bradford.

Looks like you've been had I'm afraid, though I can't say for sure.
    Edited by: "Shadow-360" 23rd Feb 2012

oh no this seems a little funny?seems cheap and unsure if ive done the right thing in ordering? and placing the order,
    ive been reading alot about account numbers where they can take more payments? unsure if true?
    i wonder where i stand if its wrong? where ill get a refund from? cause its 2 different places.

Original Poster

sme24185

oh no this seems a little funny?seems cheap and unsure if ive done the … oh no this seems a little funny?seems cheap and unsure if ive done the right thing in ordering? and placing the order, ive been reading alot about account numbers where they can take more payments? unsure if true?i wonder where i stand if its wrong? where ill get a refund from? cause its 2 different places.

You won't get a refund. The number is registered somewhere else and the address is flats

there is 32gb models so 14pounds down? is that the least of my problems? as they have my bank details.

32GB Model certainly exists;

http://www.saverstore.com/product/20042112/7725665/LaCie-CooKey-32GB-USB-20-Flash-Memory-Drive

£62.08 above. But for £9.99? If It's too good to be true...

They won't have your bank details unless you went through their own payment processor.

It says on the page that 'Delivery is an additional £3.99.' so that's something you should have known when buying it. But it says multiples may be purchased so you'd assume £3.99 delivery is the same no matter how many you buy.

I don't think Mighty Deals are a Scam, but as with any of these kind of sites, the companies they have deals up for may be dodgy. There's a canvas one that Kelkoo Select advertise that aren't.. or weren't a VAT registered business AFAIK.

It is very wrong Mighty Deals don't tell you what company you are going to be buying from mind...
    Edited by: "mamboboy" 23rd Feb 2012

well ill keep a open mind as 300+ have had the deal now, i paid md by bank and p+p paypal so hope im safe?

Original Poster

mamboboy

It says on the page that 'Delivery is an additional £3.99.' so that's … It says on the page that 'Delivery is an additional £3.99.' so that's something you should have known when buying it. But it says multiples may be purchased so you'd assume £3.99 delivery is the same no matter how many you buy.I don't think Mighty Deals are a Scam, but as with any of these kind of sites, the companies they have deals up for may be dodgy. There's a canvas one that Kelkoo Select advertise that aren't.. or weren't a VAT registered business AFAIK. It is very wrong Mighty Deals don't tell you what company you are going to be buying from mind...

I bought 2 and it gives me a link to another website and I can change the quantity to as many as I like for £4 each. Then the other website will have your bank details aswell.

RandomUsername

I bought 2 and it gives me a link to another website and I can change the … I bought 2 and it gives me a link to another website and I can change the quantity to as many as I like for £4 each. Then the other website will have your bank details aswell.

very true you have to pay 2 sites but i used 2 different payments

dcx_badass

Why not try and order it now and pay the postage with paypal?

thats what ive done

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Why not try and order it now and pay the postage with paypal?

I don't think PayPal will even refund me anyway because they won't reply to them and the actuall address might be an empty house or something

RandomUsername

Been scammed then will the bank do anything?

which.co.uk/con…ds/

Original Poster

The Therapist

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/

I'll ring the bank tomorrow, see what they can do. Thanks

But what if it's not fake?

Banned

There is so much fail ITT

RandomUsername

I'll ring the bank tomorrow, see what they can do. Thanks

did you ring? if so what did they say?

Original Poster

sme24185

did you ring? if so what did they say?

havent rang because i don't want my card cancelled. I'm going to email them first and then ill ring the bank after

Ok mate let us no how you get on, I'm unsure at min it be a top price if it's a true deal but don't want to mess owt up with it at min

they have changed the deal a bit now its not a lacie no more and looks alittle different

Original Poster

sme24185

they have changed the deal a bit now its not a lacie no more and looks … they have changed the deal a bit now its not a lacie no more and looks alittle different

i noticed that aswell, still no reply to my message i sent

is it just me who was tempted to try to log into to RandomUsername, with RandomPassword oO

Original Poster

splatsplatsplat

is it just me who was tempted to try to log into to RandomUsername, with … is it just me who was tempted to try to log into to RandomUsername, with RandomPassword oO

Hahaha... Changes password... Jk

Has anyone got it yet

Hi, I am a Director of the very reputable Moneyexpert.com which owns Mighty Deals. I can assure you that your bank details are entirely safe with us, and are not passed on to any merchants. We do offer a 'no quibble' 7 day refund guarantee. So, if you do want your money back simply get in touch within the 7 dys and it will be refunded without problem.

Hi, I am a Director of the very reputable Moneyexpert.com which owns … Hi, I am a Director of the very reputable Moneyexpert.com which owns Mighty Deals. I can assure you that your bank details are entirely safe with us, and are not passed on to any merchants. We do offer a 'no quibble' 7 day refund guarantee. So, if you do want your money back simply get in touch within the 7 dys and it will be refunded without problem.

i bet! ps. its days

Here is the full details of the company
    Copyright Mighty Deals.
    Mighty Deals is a trading name of Money Expert Ltd. Registered address: Craven House, Station Approach, Godalming GU7 1EX.
    http://www.moneyexpert.com/
    company house details

Name & Registered Office:
    MONEYEXPERT LIMITED
    CRAVEN HOUSE
    STATION APPROACH
    GODALMING
    SURREY
    UNITED KINGDOM
    GU7 1EX
    Company No. 04765843

Date of Incorporation: 15/05/2003

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Nature of Business (SIC):
    6523 - Other financial intermediation
    Accounting Reference Date: 31/12
    Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2010 (FULL)
    Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2012
    Last Return Made Up To: 15/05/2011
    Next Return Due: 12/06/2012
    Last Members List: 15/05/2011
    Previous Names:
    Date of change Previous Name
    23/07/2004 BLAYS HOLDINGS LIMITED
    15/07/2003 FOLLOW AROUND LIMITED

DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / NIGEL DUDLEY WARR / 15/05/2010

Original Poster

Still not received my refund you promised on Tuesday!...

Mighty deals are not reputable! I too ordered the lacie 32gb drive only to find that they have changed the spec to an unbranded USB key! Dodgy del boy Market trader tactics coming from a company claiming to be money experts!

7day refund policy worth nothing when spec changes after many have been misled into buying an item that they have no intention of fulfilling!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
    2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
    3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
    4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions