Posted 6 days ago

Monitor Recommendations please

Hi all - I'm looking for recommendations for a monitor replacement.
I currently have a 24" 1920x1200 Dell display. After 12yrs it has decided to give up the ghost, so I need a replacement. Thing is - technology has moved on an awful lot, so I'm looking for some recommendations based on the following:

• 24" - 27" (Seeing 27" displays not really a premium over 24", favouring the larger display)
  • Internet, Office, Image Manipulation / Photo Editing & some streaming (no advanced gaming features required)
  • 1920x1080 (I'll get used to the slight drop in real-estate from 1920x1200. Not adverse to higher resolutions if they meet all the other requirements)
  • HDMI & DP if possible (HDMI if not. I know HDMI to DP conversion is all nice and simple if I need it)
  • Height Adjustable (Number one must-have. Will be on a desk, don't want to use the "reems of paper monitor stand" system
  • Not bothered about brands (Was a massive iIyama fan about a decade ago. This Dell has done me well at 12yrs)
  • Budget: £100 - £150 (there is some room for movement, but would like to remain as close to this as possible)

I suspect the main answer here is going to be "anything you buy now will be better than a 12yr old display - I do appreciate this. But would like to buy something based on general or personal opinion.
Community Updates
New Comment

1 Comment

's avatar
    Really, it's just a case of finding something cheap, that matches your pretty basic requirements. Have a look on both the monitor deals page here and amazon warehouse and just pick one that give your the most for your money.

A few extra suggestions from me though... 27" is pretty small these days. I reckon you'll be able to pick up a 32" at close to your budget.

I'd also say look at QHD, instead of 1080P. 1080p is pretty crappy these days, and unless you have old/bad eyes and need everything extra large anyway, I'd def go for more pixels, especially on a larger screen. 1080p on on 27 or 32" screen isn't good to look at, or work with.

Also don't let the stand put you off any otherwise perfect choices, or limit you. adjustable stands are cheap and readily available on Amazon etc. (edited)