Posted 10 hours ago

New bathroom

Hi I am having a new bathroom fitted and have had a look on Victorian plumbing on line, has anyone got any other suggedtions of well priced bathrooms please
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Just finishing our bathroom this week (well, the builders are) - we went with B&Q - cheaper than everyone else. They did the virtual display in-store and we liked it so bought it there and then.

In retrospect, we could have got it cheaper if we had shopped around but the builder had a window at the end of March that we didn't want to lose so we decided and bought it in one afternoon.

We paid about £2000 for everything (bath, shower, panel, shower door, 2 toilets, new cabinets) then flooring and tiling on top. The skip was £300!
    Author
    That’s helpful, I’ll take a look thanks
    Make sure to get a comfort height toilet, your knees and back will thank you
    These guys are good quality heatandplumb.com/
    link to the comfort height toilets heatandplumb.com/aca…ets
    Author
    Never heard of a comfort height toilet, good advice, thank you
    We have just finished ours, like yourself we got our own fitter and bought all the stuff ourselves.
    We used victoria plumbing, plumbworld and bathroom mountain, we had no problem with any of them.
    Author
    Got a lot of the stuff in my basket for Victoria plumbing, I’ll check our plumbworld and bathroom mountain, thanks
    Hi Lilly,

who is fitting your bathroom? have they bought any catalogues round? I'd really suggest paying the slight extra and buying out of their books. they can get a bit funny with fitting other suppliers as they cant give a guarantee on someone's goods.
    Author
    Hi Its not a company, he’s measured up, told me what I need I just need to order the bathroom now
    We had ours done as wife is disabled. It s 50cm high to the seat.
    The most important thing was the toilet.
    If you are young you don't think about it.
    But when you are getting on a raised toilet is a god send.
    Not to raise or lower yourself onto it is a big thing. (edited)
    I got my stuff through the plumber. That way, if there were any problems, he would sort them and there was a problem with one item and with the tiles. He sorted both out and there were no delays as a result.
    Ive seen and even commented on a thread like this on here before, the initial comments were asking OP to specify region of uk, size of bathroom, and whether you are looking for basic or luxury.

I assume youre looking for supply and fit. This could be £800 for a wc or well over £10k for a bathroom. Depends on the above variables.
    Author
    I’ve found a bathroom fitter, I’m looking for the actual bathroom now, toilet, sink, shower tray etc
    Just remembered we used Victoria plumbing once. The toilet arrived broken and we had to jump through hoops for the issue.
    The toilet wasn’t a little bit broken it was proper broken, they wouldn’t just take the pictures as evidence, had to fill in a form / submit a claim for their claims department to assess and determine if it was a valid claim, took about a week/week and a half to get the replacement. A pain when you have the plumber booked for a specific date for installation.

52513353-Som56.jpg
's avatar