Posted 30 November 2022

New TV from Richersounds has a deadpixel

hi guys
my new telly from richersounds has one dead pixel. its only visible when you look right next to it though.
will they exchange for new?
Community Updates
New Comment

28 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    [deleted]
    uhhh what? This is a shopping forum

You might have mixed it up with mumsnet? or nafsa.org

I doubt the OP is responsible in any capacity for Europes electricity or gas issues, and regardless someone is always suffering somewhere, doesn't mean everyone should give up everything.

The facepalm is for your comment i'm afraid. (edited)
    Former fan of Richer Sounds here - even applied to work for them when I left school.

Re their gurantees, yes - they will replace or refund you as a last resort.

But, you will have to jump through hoops re the TV being collected etc and they will try to do everything to dissuade you from getting a refund.

I would never use them again and I shopped there for twenty years.
    Hey OP Pixel Peeper;

I tried to work out as a percentage, how defective your 4K TV was. It's so small, even my scientific calculator would only show it in "Scientific Notation".

48891231-TqMla.jpg
    Unlucky for you, RS will rightly politely tell you to "Get the Fork Out", so that us bright people, who respect honest businesses, can continue to get good products and after sales service.
    Someone's not getting enough are they Mr irrelevant
    Whilst I agree with you in principle, 1 pixel that can only be seen close up and doesn't interfere with the use of the telly in any way doesn't matter.
    I think you're comment is a bit harsh.
    A lot of people probably have had dead pixels on their screens for years and not even noticed.
    The problem is that the op has seen it and will now notice it all the time and it will ruin the experience.I would advise a return on this one and no pixel peeping on the replacement. (edited)
    How did you find the dead pixel? Is it obvious when watching or did you go looking for it?

If you did run test patterns to look for it then this is exactly why when I got my LG OLED I didn’t, I sat down watched some 4k and normal content to see if I could spot anything which I couldn’t and just enjoyed the TV.
    I am trying to remember which manufacturer it was but their warranty excluded up to 5 dead pixels from being counted as a defect. OP - why don't you call Richer Sounds first and see what they have to say? (edited)
    That’s actually quite generous.

TCL for example have a policy of what acceptable amounts of dead pixels are.

1080p TVs are allowed up to 4, but their 4K ones are allowed up to 16!

48892287-RTtyk.jpg
    I'm not aware of any TV manufacturer that would consider 1 pixel a fault. As others have said if it's an online purchase within 14 days send it back, assuming you have all the packaging.
    Lots here mentioning warranty, Manufacturers warranties are in ADDITION to your other rights as a consumer. Not in place of them. People seem to confuse the two! Your first port of call is the retailer and the protection given there.

You can still return this TV if you purchased it online within 14 days, you don't even need to give a reason. A change of mind will suffice.

A manufacturers dead pixel policy is frankly irrelevant in this instance

You will need to arrange shipment back of course, but you can also drop it to a local store yourself.

If the retailer doesn't contest a fault, then of course returning as faulty means Richer Sounds should pay for and arrange for the return of the item (edited)
    Define new?
    Did you buy online? If so you have 14 days to notify of return for a refund if they refuse to exchange (so I suspect that they would).
    Author
    Why do you suspect they would? Also I'm worried that the next telly they send out could be the same as I know dead pixels are common
    I keep reading stories on here, that richer sounds are great when it comes to returns, with your 5 year warranty
    I tried that once but I just couldn't excite the pixel.
    As said many times above if you bought online you have 14 days to return.

Richer Sounds policy on dead pixels can be found in their t&cs.

”Please note that today's production techniques cannot guarantee an absolutely perfect LED / OLED display and buyers should be aware of the possibility of imperfections in the form of a few isolated constantly lit or unlit pixels (or stuck pixels). As a result of this, there is a commonly accepted tolerance level by which LED / OLED screens may display such imperfections without being classified as faulty. As such, we can only take back displays as faulty for refund / repair if the number of affected pixels exceeds the manufacturer's guidelines, subject to the Terms and Conditions.“
    sorry to ask, i should probably know this but how do you spot a dead pixel? Got my TV arrivin this weekend want to make sure its okay I~ guess you just run a white page and look where theres a black spot? (edited)
    yes, and try another colour like red in case the stuck pixel is white

Lots of other issues to check for like vertical banding, clouding etc etc tho..
    So , what did RS say?
    , my LG C1 OLED from Richer Sounds arrived with a couple of dead pixels. They offered to replace it with a new set, no questions asked. Just contact them. (edited)
's avatar