** NOT A VALID DEAL ** 2 x £20 Steam Vouchers just £30 @ Currys/PC World

Banned 306
Found 16th Jun 2014
Just in time for the Steam Summer Sale on the 19th

Starting the 18/6 this promotion will go live midnight online and then 9am in the stores

2 x £20 vouchers for £30.

This will go live on the website aswell so you don't have to go instore.

facebook.com/10w…e=1

306 Comments

or alternatively, but your games from the likes of online retailers (cant say there names, i think they got banned for promotional stuff), who sell them £15-£20 cheaper than steam, yet you put the codes into steam!

i didnt know about this vouchers
thanks OP

Original Poster Banned

bouncy99

or alternatively, but your games from the likes of online retailers (cant … or alternatively, but your games from the likes of online retailers (cant say there names, i think they got banned for promotional stuff), who sell them £15-£20 cheaper than steam, yet you put the codes into steam!

Not during the Summer Sale they don't. Always best to buy from Steam than grey key sellers aswell

jaystan

Not during the Summer Sale they don't. Always best to buy from Steam than … Not during the Summer Sale they don't. Always best to buy from Steam than grey key sellers aswell

That's my summer sale money sorted, just need to figure out how many I need....

When do they go live? (Might be able to collect in my lunch :D)

Original Poster Banned

timz

When do they go live? (Might be able to collect in my lunch :D)

I am keeping an eye on the source thread from one of the store workers will update as soon as it goes live online

Source

jaystan

Not during the Summer Sale they don't. Always best to buy from Steam than … Not during the Summer Sale they don't. Always best to buy from Steam than grey key sellers aswell

and these vouchers make tf2 keys from the community market come out at approx £1.09 eh mate lol thats the first thing I thought of (im 99% we visit the same sites so you know what I mean lol)

jaystan

I am keeping an eye on the source thread from one of the store workers … I am keeping an eye on the source thread from one of the store workers will update as soon as it goes live online Source

Thanks bud

Oh man that's an awesome find. Thank you op. Mrs is gonna buy me some and I'm gonna get myself some too!

EDIT: Just went into my local Currys/PC World (Shirley Retail Park, Solihull, Birmingham) and guy behind the counter checked and there are no offers on as if the time of this post. Couldn't tell me if there was an offer on Wednesday but I only asked one guy so that doesn't confirm or deny this deal. We shall have to wait till Wednesday. I for one am holding out hope.

Edited by: "radiocaf" 16th Jun 2014

That'll make buying a £40 game on Steam, for £30, still overpriced haha

The op in the source got it wrong. It doesn't go live until wednesday the 18th, the guy doesn't know dates.

Is this in store only?

I'll vote when I see it... At the moment this is a fantastic story.

If it were true, buy a couple for the summer sale and probably have some left over for the winter or Mann Up tickets.

crabby

Mark43

Is this in store only?

This should also go live on the website later today. << Its in the title (well first post).
Edited by: "ambc_666" 16th Jun 2014

Holding off voting until I see the deal myself. Wont be the first time a deal get's red hot and turns out to be a lie...

Here is the elite way of getting super cheap games on steam during the steam sale.

Buy gift cards using this offer, redeem the gift card, buy LOTS of TF2 keys off the community market once they start dropping in price ONLY when the steam summer sale starts, as people will want lots of money for the sale, thus start flogging their keys for low prices.

Next, go to TF2 Outpost/Steam trades, search for your game thats on offer and being sold by Russian/Ukraine/Brazil sellers. Add them on steam, and trade TF2 Keys for the game you want. You will save so much this way. You usually get games for at least half the price they are on the UK site during the steam sale.

Do they email you the codes by the way, or is it physical delivery of a gift card?

oUkTuRkEyIII

Yea cos that JayStan is a proper bullsh**er oO

Not saying the OP is lying, I'm saying the source could be. Seriously, some people on this site amaze me

goes live 18/6 not 16/6

On the source link it says the 18th, not the 16th.

Oh man that's an awesome find. Tha thank you op. Mrs is gonna buy me some and I'm gonna get myself some too!

Cepultura

Here is the elite way of getting super cheap games on steam during the … Here is the elite way of getting super cheap games on steam during the steam sale.Buy gift cards using this offer, redeem the gift card, buy LOTS of TF2 keys off the community market once they start dropping in price ONLY when the steam summer sale starts, as people will want lots of money for the sale, thus start flogging their keys for low prices.Next, go to TF2 Outpost/Steam trades, search for your game thats on offer and being sold by Russian/Ukraine/Brazil sellers. Add them on steam, and trade TF2 Keys for the game you want. You will save so much this way. You usually get games for at least half the price they are on the UK site during the steam sale.

Be careful with that though as most major AAA titles are now region locked for RU/CIS and they have even started to region lock for South America too now. Add to that Steam's new rule about retroactive region locking and it all gets a bit dicey.

jaystan

I am keeping an eye on the source thread from one of the store workers … I am keeping an eye on the source thread from one of the store workers will update as soon as it goes live online Source

The source linked the OP is now saying '18th is this Wednesday' so could it be 18th?
Edited by: "timz" 16th Jun 2014

J-Dog, why you do this to me? Great deal, just in time as you say Heat from me bud

Don't forget to check out the weekly competition

Spark

Be careful with that though as most major AAA titles are now region … Be careful with that though as most major AAA titles are now region locked for RU/CIS and they have even started to region lock for South America too now. Add to that Steam's new rule about retroactive region locking and it all gets a bit dicey.

Well yes, of course check if its ROW first, but most are. You can always use a proxy to activate a gift, which many people on Neogaf have done, and steam dont care about that.

Its the cheapest way to buy games now. I do it for 90% of my purchases.

dobis2000

Not saying the OP is lying, I'm saying the source could be. Seriously, … Not saying the OP is lying, I'm saying the source could be. Seriously, some people on this site amaze me

dobis2000

Not saying the OP is lying, I'm saying the source could be. Seriously, … Not saying the OP is lying, I'm saying the source could be. Seriously, some people on this site amaze me

Some people amaze me with how serious they take the voting on here.

Cheers for the heads up jaystan.

jaystan

Its best to buy in places like Amazon,greenmangaming, cdkeys and simplycdkeys for steam games. Steam games are very overpriced. unless they have a sale on but the sales now seem to be full of green light rubbish. Buying away from steam is like getting £20 off every time.

faster4233

Its best to buy in places like Amazon,greenmangaming, cdkeys and … Its best to buy in places like Amazon,greenmangaming, cdkeys and simplycdkeys for steam games. Steam games are very overpriced. unless they have a sale on but the sales now seem to be full of green light rubbish. Buying away from steam is like getting £20 off every time.

You've obviously never experienced the summer sales. The sales now are completely different.
Edited by: "Dr4gOns_FuRy" 16th Jun 2014

Awesome, will need to grab lots then as I spend far too much on Steam.

Everyone is rushing to Steam. Let's not forget Steam is a double-edged sword. You can't trade your game, you don't own your game (merely licence it), they can, as Spark points out, retroactively region lock your games or they can, with sufficient grounds, shut down your library (many posts on this site are for US Amazon/Steam transactions). So your licence lasts as long as Steam does - which presumably will be quite a while, but it's not a perpetual licence.

Having said all that, it's a decent deal but only with the Steam Sale coming up.

Original Poster Banned

Yeah Source link has changed he got the date wrong. Will go live 18th. Still in time for Summer Sale. Corrected Op aswell

A thousand curses to jaystan for once more posting yet another fab deal to make my bank manager frown!

Nice work, Jay. Sounds awesome, but I'll see once the Summer Sale arrives!

Original Poster Banned

Cepultura

Well yes, of course check if its ROW first, but most are. You can always … Well yes, of course check if its ROW first, but most are. You can always use a proxy to activate a gift, which many people on Neogaf have done, and steam dont care about that.Its the cheapest way to buy games now. I do it for 90% of my purchases.

Steam do care about that. If you get caught is another matter.

Flash Sale, Community, otherwise get TF2 Keys and get on the trading sites! Makes it better than CDKeys! thanks Jay

Smokin' hot!

Hot thanks

Awesome deal, will this work online? buy 2 and still get the discount?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions