Posted 16 June 2014

** NOT A VALID DEAL ** 2 x £20 Steam Vouchers just £30 @ Currys/PC World

Just in time for the Steam Summer Sale on the 19th

Starting the 18/6 this promotion will go live midnight online and then 9am in the stores

2 x £20 vouchers for £30.

This will go live on the website aswell so you don't have to go instore.

facebook.com/10w…e=1
Community Updates
New Comment

306 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    2x £20 for £30

3 0

3!

Half Life 3 confirmed!!!!
    Here is the elite way of getting super cheap games on steam during the steam sale.

Buy gift cards using this offer, redeem the gift card, buy LOTS of TF2 keys off the community market once they start dropping in price ONLY when the steam summer sale starts, as people will want lots of money for the sale, thus start flogging their keys for low prices.

Next, go to TF2 Outpost/Steam trades, search for your game thats on offer and being sold by Russian/Ukraine/Brazil sellers. Add them on steam, and trade TF2 Keys for the game you want. You will save so much this way. You usually get games for at least half the price they are on the UK site during the steam sale.
    The silly bickering and arguing must stop
    Any more will be deleted and the poster suspended
    Author
    bouncy99

or alternatively, but your games from the likes of online retailers (cant … or alternatively, but your games from the likes of online retailers (cant say there names, i think they got banned for promotional stuff), who sell them £15-£20 cheaper than steam, yet you put the codes into steam!

Not during the Summer Sale they don't. Always best to buy from Steam than grey key sellers aswell
    Jerry springer's final thought: "Take care of yourself and each other"
    I'm not being funny.

You lot are absolutely pathetic, sitting here fighting over what bloody section a bloody online deal should be in.

REALLY?

off all the things you have to do with your time, you're here, smashing your keyboards into oblivion.

Jesus, the world cup is on, go and watch that or something, the weather is lovely, go outside and enjoy it.

And yet here you are, spreading hate to people you'll never know or meet. Shame on you, you need to have long hard looks at yourselves.
    jaystan

Have you read all the comments ? Staff have confirmed it and:I would just … Have you read all the comments ? Staff have confirmed it and:I would just keep quiet next time if i was you (_;)

I see every couple of days you commenting about deals that are not up yet or are just rumors. Deals then get pulled because of it.
    ....A hypercritical response from you tbh.

This listing should be pulled and put up Wednesday as it's still rumor and not officially confirmed or live. You call for it every time your not first to list the deal.
    I always see £20 Steam vouchers for £13-£14 (or even less) & £50 vouchers for £30-£35 nearly every week from legit places, so this ain't even a good deal!
    Late

lol @ the hobbit with zero deals posted.

Is that how we measure people now, by how many deals they've posted to the internet? And people who haven't posted enough get laughed at and their opinions don't count?

Grow up.
    Steamachine

To be fair I am sorry for how we got here Jaystan

jaystan

We are cool mate. Next one I post will be an active deal

22079668-tlcWi

BuzzDuraband

Deeky, Why do you keep putting words into my mouth? Did I say I was … Deeky, Why do you keep putting words into my mouth? Did I say I was confused (<--- I can underline too)Just because a user creates a thread does not mean it is a 'deal' (<---- bold type)Jaystan has created 1169 threads (not sure where 1200 came from, as you seem to want to be factually correct) (<--- brackets)I always assumed the concept of the site was to let the other's determine if they were deals or not? But I forgot I'm in Misc, Where Deeky and his mate create the rules.

I'm not going to waste any more time trying to explain after this. You're a VIP, you should at least have an idea about how the site works. Jaystan has started 1240 threads (activity). Of those 1240, 1169 are actual 'deal' threads - posted in the 'DEALS' section. Others determine how hot or cold the deal goes, not whether it's a deal or not.

[image missing]

See where it says 'deals posted'? It says he's posted 1169 deals. That's deals posted, not threads started.

BuzzDuraband

But I forgot I'm in Misc, Where Deeky and his mate create the rules.

Don't be silly.

I'm out.

(edited)
    or alternatively, but your games from the likes of online retailers (cant say there names, i think they got banned for promotional stuff), who sell them £15-£20 cheaper than steam, yet you put the codes into steam!
    That'll make buying a £40 game on Steam, for £30, still overpriced haha
    Steam works because the games are digital and the prices are low... Simple.

If you could get new releases on the consoles at half their current release prices then I could see people being happier with digital versions that they couldn't trade.

crabby
    bjjs

Lol sad human who spends his "life" posting pc game bargins - who is the … Lol sad human who spends his "life" posting pc game bargins - who is the sad one lol tata

LOL! I have reported this listing & the sad truth is that I know this person must sit there doing the same to other listings nearly every hour of the day.

The difference is that this deal ain't officially confirmed (and isn't even that good! - but that's not a reason to report) plus isn't for a couple days let alone most listings get pulled for being a couple hours early, even when legitimate sources confirm it.
    clewis09

Jesus, the world cup is on,

This is partly why I spend so much time on HUKD.....
    jaystan

...How has the POS been discredited in the last hour ?

Careful!

Oh... Point of Sale. My mistake. Sorry.
    So basically a song (Rik Mayall) that has been the same price since 2011 is 'allowed' to flourish for over a week stays in deals and not misc where is should be ("oh but I'm just alerting the community to the need to get this song to number one") but yet this is removed....

Well clap clap to the Mods! Lacking consistency yet again! Why, if like you say it's not a real deal not leave it as it was till promised date/timing of deal, If it doesn't show delete the thread? What has this action actually achieved?
    jaystan

Hehe just after i had stopped hearing about that one i go and do this. I … Hehe just after i had stopped hearing about that one i go and do this. I should learn

TBH you post more good than the very very small amount of bad

keep up the good deal hunting Mr Jaystan
    Just confirmation.

22082194-PO0F5

Still good work Jaystan, can't expect you to know that they'd pull a promotion.

(edited)
    faster4233

Its best to buy in places like Amazon,greenmangaming, cdkeys and … Its best to buy in places like Amazon,greenmangaming, cdkeys and simplycdkeys for steam games. Steam games are very overpriced. unless they have a sale on but the sales now seem to be full of green light rubbish. Buying away from steam is like getting £20 off every time.

You've obviously never experienced the summer sales. The sales now are completely different.
    (edited)
    Author
    Steamachine

Rumor and not live/running at the moment. You can't stop going on about … Rumor and not live/running at the moment. You can't stop going on about these situations when people post first but it's fine with you!Double standards...

Have you read all the comments ? Staff have confirmed it and:

[image missing]

I would just keep quiet next time if i was you (_;)

bjjs

Lol sad human who spends his "life" posting pc game bargins - who is the … Lol sad human who spends his "life" posting pc game bargins - who is the sad one lol tata

Steamachine

hypercrits

You certainly could. It's hypocrite. Hypercrite would be the opposite.
    22068226-NHrrc
    Hredknapp

how anyone can trust pc world / curry's is beyond me - crap service, crap … how anyone can trust pc world / curry's is beyond me - crap service, crap stock inventory, crap site, crap prices !

You cannot even trust them to put an apostrophe in their name.

Amateurs!
    Steamachine

Hi,Thanks for getting in touch. I have been in touch with our Head Office … Hi,Thanks for getting in touch. I have been in touch with our Head Office about this matter. They have confirmed that there is no truth in us running this deal. Regrettably the rumour seems to have escalated very quickly through the forums online.Kind regards,IanKNOWHOW Social Media

I knowhow they operate.
    Author
    Steamachine

Hi,Thanks for getting in touch. I have been in touch with our Head Office … Hi,Thanks for getting in touch. I have been in touch with our Head Office about this matter. They have confirmed that there is no truth in us running this deal. Regrettably the rumour seems to have escalated very quickly through the forums online.Kind regards,IanKNOWHOW Social Media

Love how they word it. Like it was all rumour. Not saying they have pulled it
    BuzzDuraband

I always assumed the concept of the site was to let the other's determine … I always assumed the concept of the site was to let the other's determine if they were deals or not? But I forgot I'm in Misc, Where Deeky and his mate create the rules.

So, you say that it is entirely up to individuals to choose what is a deal and what isn't. (Something that is entirely subjective) However, you then have a issue with people who decide something is a deal, if it doesn't fit in with your idea of a deal?

If you don't like Misc and you don't agree with the way this site is run too, you know where the door is Buzz. You don't have to stay here. Nobody's forcing you to. You've posted some great deals and earned your V.I.P. Badge, however, that doesn't give you the right to talk down to others here and treat them as if they don't know as much as you.
    deeky

Others determine how hot or cold the deal goes, not whether it's a deal … Others determine how hot or cold the deal goes, not whether it's a deal or not.

BuzzDuraband

Enough said, Maybe your right with the VIP badge I may understand how … Enough said, Maybe your right with the VIP badge I may understand how the site work's, Maybe that's how they are distributed.Go figure.

i dont abuse em fp!

buzz, could you confirm how many deals jay has posted please?
    (edited)
    J-Dog, why you do this to me? Great deal, just in time as you say Heat from me bud

Don't forget to check out the weekly competition
    A thousand curses to jaystan for once more posting yet another fab deal to make my bank manager frown!
    Author
    redarrowrules

And when MS tried this with the X1 the Internet went on fire with hate. … And when MS tried this with the X1 the Internet went on fire with hate. But for most Steam is fine. I could never figure that one out (_;)

Steam don't charge £55 a game and don't have shareholders to keep happy. Microsoft have proven they are not trustworthy just look at GFWL. Valve on the other hand have rarely put a foot wrong.
    jaystan

Have you read all the comments ? Staff have confirmed it and:I would just … Have you read all the comments ? Staff have confirmed it and:I would just keep quiet next time if i was you (_;)

What the hell does that prove? (_;)
    Last Christmas the op thought it clever to get my steam Christmas sale removed because it was 4 hours early even though I proved via paypal backup it was happening, the forums a mess. Op is out of control. Same rules for everyone
    Author
    BuzzDuraband

What the hell does that prove? (_;)

I know, i will ask the member of staff to post a picture of themselves with todays newspaper next time for proof of life
    Author
    bjjs

Last Christmas the op thought it clever to get my steam Christmas sale … Last Christmas the op thought it clever to get my steam Christmas sale removed because it was 4 hours early even though I proved via paypal backup it was happening, the forums a mess. Op is out of control. Same rules for everyone

Umm you had a Steam Christmas Sale thread removed because everybody knew it was happening it was leaked well in advance like this one. You made a thread with no idea of the games or prices expecting to update them as they came through. That is not how it works

This is how it works

hotukdeals.com/mis…667 (edited)
    Late

Woah guys, its getting hot in here, calm down.
    Author
    Steamachine

I see every couple of days you commenting about deals that are not up yet … I see every couple of days you commenting about deals that are not up yet or are just rumors. Deals then get pulled because of it. ....A hypercritical response from you tbh. This listing should be pulled and put up Wednesday as it's still rumor and not officially confirmed or live. You call for it every time your not first to list the deal.I always see £20 Steam vouchers for £13-£14 (or even less) & £50 vouchers for £30-£35 nearly every week from legit places, so this ain't even a good deal!

I can see judging by the heat people agree with you (_;) Another hobbit who complains more than posting. We will have a fellowship soon

(edited)
's avatar