Posted 17 January 2024

Online Carpet Recommendations

As title suggests, I’m looking for recommended online carpet retailers for good quality carpet at better value than the likes of CarpetRight, Tapi etc please. Ideally one that also sends out free samples. TIA  
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Flooring superstore
    Author
    Thanks, I’ll have a browse
    Every big town usually has a small carpet retailer with a little shop front, usually away from the town centre where rents and business rates are high. They always work with a trusted fitter and seem to be able to access all good quality carpet brands. I wouldn't use any other method unless I was intending to do my own DIY fitting work. (edited)
    Author
    I went to a local small business the last time I carpeted my house, but just over 7 years later and it needs replacing. I’m trying to cut out the middle man and go direct this time around as I now also have a contact for fitting (which I didn’t previously) and about to spend a pretty penny on other house upgrades. Thank you for your reply though, appreciate it
    designer-carpet.co.uk/ are great. Some good value high quality remnants too depending on size you need
    I’m in a similar position. Needing new carpets all over the house.

I managed to get carpets measured by an independent and was quoted a “deal” price which was c. £10 a sqm more expensive than I later found online, plus more expensive for the fitting and also they suggested ordering about 15 sqm more than I needed. It put me completely off buying through them so I too, am cutting out the middle man.

If I was you (and this is how I’ve done it)…I would go to an independent or any large store, look through all the samples and then write down the name of the one you like, google it and find a decent company that sell it online.

I’ve found mine through Remlands carpets online and they are around £10 cheaper psm than I was quoted in the shop.

Same with underlay, find a decent one and look around online. I’ll be saving about £1,500 doing it this way around.

We’ve gone with a Lifestyle Floors carpet and there are loads of samples you can get ordered online if you need to.
    I've used Online Carpets a few times. Samples are free and quick, prices decent, and they always delivered on time.
's avatar