Posted 5 days ago

PCN for stopping in box junction

Not contesting that I didn’t stop although I don’t remember doing so but the pic does show me in the junction with my brake lights on.

Occurred on 30/01/2024, first letter came through on 07/02/2024, second letter came through on 18/03/2024 and the fine has now gone up from £65 to £195.

I’ve been out of the country, flew out on 04/02/2024 and just arrived back today 25/04/2024 so are there any grounds for appeal on the basis that I wasn’t in the country or am I simply wasting my time? Had I been I’d have simply paid the £65!
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    No video of the offence ?
    You could be slowing down (hence brake light on ) so you haven't stopped , you could be turning right .

But just to confirm you being out of the country makes no difference
    Ring them and ask. Assuming you have your tickets and hotel confirmation available as proof if required.
    It's unfortunate but that's how the system works. The humans on the other end are often OK, and if you approach politely, acknowledging you screwed up but would like to sort it out, then they might override it. After all, they can cancel, so why not.
    Don't deal with the auto system
    Were you turning right out of the box?
    You are allowed to enter if turning right.

tfl.gov.uk/mod…ons
    I would say most certainly contact them explaining that you were out of the country and send your tickets or whatever as proof. 100%.

Ask if you can please pay the £65 (if you don't intend to appeal) because obviously you did not receive the letters until you returned home.

If they say no then fight it.

(edited)
    Author
    There are no real contact details as such except a representation email address so I’m going to email them and see what they say
    Author
    No it’s def my car and I was in that area on that day so no denying that it was me and my car. I’ll be honest I don’t remember committing the offence but the pic does show my car in the junction with my brake lights on, as it’s a still image not much else to go on as the pic doesn’t show the entrance or the exit of the box junction.
    Go on the moneysupermarket forum dedicated to parking fines you might find an idea of how to tackle it there.
    Author
    I requested the vid and I was going straight, what essentially happens is traffic is flowing and then it just stops at which point I enter the box junction so I then stop right at the start of the junction, where my car is it’s not blocking the road to my left but I have stopped within the start of the box junction, when traffic then resumes I continue.

Bit of a bummer really but it is what it is.

52644747-Hkr1c.jpg (edited)
    100% clear cut bang to rights on this one. Nothing to argue about.
    Have you not seen the above image ?
    Author
    Just to close this off, I got a reply back but it simply said as I had not replied back within the specified time and that the PCN was now at a stage called "Charge Certificate" there is nothing that they can do.

I could battle away filling in forms PE3 and PE2 but I decided life's too short so just paid the PCN. So have a glass for me this evening as I'm now £195 lighter
's avatar