Posted 26 April 2024

Please share S23U vs S24U camera performance,especially night shots.

I have a S21 ultra 16gb ram/512gb and was thinking if worth upgrading to S24U. After seeing its jaw dropping prices for same storage or 1tb I'm more inclined towards S23U, which basically still retains the 10x optical zoom of S21U but upgrades from Exinos to Snapdragon 2nd gen. The S24U has now 5x telephoto but not sure this AI features make so much difference to compensate for a loss of 5x. SNAP 3rd gen not so much better for real life daily stuff I suppose. Now they brought back the flat screen which actually I liked in the past but now don't care much the slightly difference with recent curved ones. With a S23U ranging from £520 to £700 on giffgaff refurbished phones (apparently already "good" ones are almost pristine iin most cases) I don't see more value on spending £1200-£1300 on the S24U 512gb.

Unless the quality of the photos and videos of the S24U are mindblowingly far superior by a lot in every situation and especially on night shots, while still retaining a optical-like 30X zoom, I don't see any reason to buy the S24U over the S23U. I know S22U is the one to skip, just wondering if S23U is now the one to go for soon.

I would appreciate any real life comparisons and links and info to understand if my reasoning is right or not.

Thank you everyone.
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    S23 Ultra it is then
    Definitely get the S23 U. There wont be that much of a difference plus your saving money.
    Along with others on here I paid just over £600 for my 512GB S24 Ultra on launch without any trade in. I've also owned the S23 Ultra, not much difference to be honest, only biggie for me is no more curved screen, hated that about the S23.
    How did you get it 600 without the trade in ?
    I got it at release for 600 but it was by trading in the s23 (edited)
    gsmarena should have reviews.
    Author
    Thanks everyone. After seeing several reviews and videos comparisons I can't see how to justify the hefty price tag difference between S23U and S24U. The few things where S24U is slightly better than S23U are not worth more than double the price versus a Pristine S23U around £675-£700 (probably around £600). I could justify £800 for a new/like new S24U 1TB but that's the limit.
    Will probably wait for a £500-£550 S23U deal or a contract in June if reasonably priced.
    not looked at the phone but don't Samsungs usually have an SD slot...so if you ever want a phone, as long as it has an SD slot, just got the smallest in storage space size, no point paying 100s more for extra storage when its super cheap to just buy an SD
    Most Samsungs don't have an SD slot now.
    i am protecting my s23 ultra like a little baby... glass screen protector - lens protector case and now a little padded pouch to keep the screen cosy...
's avatar