Posted 11 January 2024

Power Bank Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a decent power bank that fast charges, 10,000mAwh minimum at a decent price please? Prefer Anker really and looking for something around £20 or under.

Want it to charge a Pixel phone at least once and when full, for it to be able to charge an iPad Air.

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Anker all the way
    I use my Gooloo GT4000.
    Runs my fridge freezer for 36-48 hours.
    A bit over the top for phones though.
    I got a couple of Aukey ones a few months ago with built in cable, my phone is fussy when it comes to chargers but this does it well fast. I'll try and find a link.

Mine were the PB-N73C but rare as hens teeth now.

This would be similar:

mymemory.co.uk/auk…tml (edited)
    Have a look at INIU they make good ones and they always go on sale. INIU Power Bank, 10000mAh Slimmest Fast Charging Portable Charger, 22.5W Mobile Phone Charger PD3.0 QC4.0, Powerbank USB C Input & Output Battery Pack for iPhone 15 14 13 12 iPad Samsung S23 etc amzn.eu/d/2…4mf
    Author
    Thanks. I've never heard of that brand though. Do you have one yourself?
    I went down the DIY route and bought several battery banks where you fit you own cells - at least that way you know the capacity is genuine and failing cells can be swapped out.
    Author
    It's so confusing. I have a Pixel and some of the Anker ones support fast charging, but apparently you have to look for 'PD PPS' as otherwise they still charge slow?
    PD is 20w charge from memory.
    Author
    I currently have a small 5200mAw Anker charger, 2nd Gen Astro e1 and this takes about half an hour just to get MY Pixel to 10%. I would presume this is a 12w charger, so will I need at least 20w to charge it a lot quicker?
    Asda do 10k.ones for £20
    Expensive. Are they even fast charge too?

10k fast charging iniu come up on here all the time for around 10 or 11 quid.

Quick search will show
's avatar