Posted 5 October 2021

Power bank UK post

hi what service can be used to post the power bank within UK , royal mail is not allowed for sure ,any1 knows what courier can be used, thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    gguglani8105/10/2021 17:41

This is from royal mail prohibited list ,Batteries, specifically new and …This is from royal mail prohibited list ,Batteries, specifically new and used lithium batteries when not sent with or connected to an electronic device(Including power banks)✘ ✘

Which it is. Battery is connected to case and circuitry which makes a powerbank.. Its not a battery on its own or taken out of powerbank. Get and post it.. Be honest though and stick battery sticker on.
    I'm sure powerbanks are fine UK post, just not overseas?
    Thought you could with royal mail as long as battery is inside device which it is and you stick one of those battery stickers on? What I did last time.
    Has rules changed?
    Author
    wayners05/10/2021 17:14

Thought you could with royal mail as long as battery is inside device …Thought you could with royal mail as long as battery is inside device which it is and you stick one of those battery stickers on? What I did last time.Has rules changed?

Yes but i have to post just the power bank and as per royal mail power banks are not allowed to post
    wayners05/10/2021 17:14

Thought you could with royal mail as long as battery is inside device …Thought you could with royal mail as long as battery is inside device which it is and you stick one of those battery stickers on? What I did last time.Has rules changed?

Surely a powerbank is a device. It's the untethered batteries that seem to have the ban.
    Author
    This is from royal mail prohibited list ,Batteries, specifically new and used lithium batteries when not

sent with or connected to an electronic device

(Including power banks)

✘ ✘
    kireir05/10/2021 17:35

I'm sure powerbanks are fine UK post, just not overseas?

It might be advisable to understand what UK actually means as the comment may indicate an uncertainty or misunderstanding.
    Author
    wayners05/10/2021 17:50

Which it is. Battery is connected to case and circuitry which makes a …Which it is. Battery is connected to case and circuitry which makes a powerbank.. Its not a battery on its own or taken out of powerbank. Get and post it.. Be honest though and stick battery sticker on.

Just spoke to royal mail power bank is classed as dangerous goods and not allowed to post in UK ,she even double chkd with some1 else and definitely not allowed
    Historical similar threads indicate UPS will permit carriage of powerpacks / battery packs.
    Can normally obtain reasonable UPS pricing via a parcel broker, although the parcel broker may overrule the individual carrier's restricted products list. Go figure

Regardless, the Royal Mail restricted/prohibited items text including the phrase "battery packs" can be viewed at
    personal.help.royalmail.com/app…ers
    You'd be hard pushed to find someone to carry it - IF it's a faulty one. If ok, then I'm sure DHL carry them
    gguglani8105/10/2021 18:57

Just spoke to royal mail power bank is classed as dangerous goods and not …Just spoke to royal mail power bank is classed as dangerous goods and not allowed to post in UK ,she even double chkd with some1 else and definitely not allowed

Because it could end up in a plane, if you are returning it to somewhere like Amazon talk to them Amazon will let you keep it normally and ask you to dispose of it.
    Never had issues sending with royal mail. But try Hermes.
's avatar